• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35659687/

This link is copy pasted from the post of another WCF member. 

Its about the Lancet Journal study on adverse effects of Covid shots and the request from expert to discontinue.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

The letter to this Journal is not a research article. Additionally, it makes several statements that are misleading and others that are completely false. Here is a link to the letter:

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12985-022-01831-0

The letter begins this way:

Dear Editor,

The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has led to the widespread use of genetic vaccines, including mRNA and viral vector vaccines. In addition, booster vaccines have been used, but their effectiveness against the highly mutated spike protein of Omicron strains is limited.

Everything thing he says in the first sentence is true. The next sentence is where the misinformation begins. While the effectiveness against infection is no longer very strong, the effectiveness against severe disease remains very high, particularly for the mRNA vaccines. The study Yamamoto includes in his next sentence demonstrates this. Here is a link to the article Yamamoto first cites.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00089-7/fulltext

The article is not hard to understand and I encourage anyone interested in the topic to read it.

Yamamoto completely misrepresents the article and makes false claims in his subsequent argument.

The study showed that immune function among vaccinated individuals 8 months after the administration of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine was lower than that among unvaccinated individuals.

First, the Lancet study looks only at SARS-CoV-2 related immunity, not general immunity. Additionally, there is zero indication that vaccinated individuals have lower immunity against SARS-CoV-2 infection or related COVID development. Yamamoto has a two-fer going here - two inaccurate claims in a single sentence.

Since the original premise of the letter is false, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to determine that the rest of his letter is speculative bunk without any evidence to support his claims.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

In addition, the title of this OP is way off-base, as well. It is sad that honesty takes a back seat when one has a point they wish to prove on a purportedly Christian website.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

4 hours ago, one.opinion said:

In addition, the title of this OP is way off-base, as well. It is sad that honesty takes a back seat when one has a point they wish to prove on a purportedly Christian website.

Its sad there is no honesty at all to admit this crime against humanity.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  0

I am 79 and have received four COVID vaccine shots: two initially and two boosters.  I will be getting another booster soon, my fifth COVID shot.  I have been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, smallpox, the flu (annually), tetanus, shingles, and COVID (and maybe others that I don't remember). Why? Because I'm not stupid and want to live out my full life span. 

16 hours ago, JimmyB said:

I am 79 and have received four COVID vaccine shots: two initially and two boosters.  I will be getting another booster soon, my fifth COVID shot.  I have been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, smallpox, the flu (annually), tetanus, shingles, and COVID (and maybe others that I don't remember). Why? Because I'm not stupid and want to live out my full life span. 

You have absolute freedom to receive the shot

But people are forced or they will loose their jobs and access to travel and public places. Its against human rights to force people with experimental shots.

Medical science is still developing and its common if they later find negative side effects with  pharmaceutical drugs including this Fauci shots. Why treat this announcement with disagreement.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

You have absolute freedom to receive the shot

But people are forced or they will loose their jobs and access to travel and public places. Its against human rights to force people with experimental shots.

Medical science is still developing and its common if they later find negative side effects with  pharmaceutical drugs including this Fauci shots. Why treat this announcement with disagreement.

So you think it's advisable for innocent people to die from a deadly virus in the name of "personal freedom"?  There are all kinds of measures in place to protect the public.  Two that immediately come to mind are seatbelts and traffic lights.  Requiring people to be vaccinated protects the public at large, one of them primary purposes of government.

I don't know what happened to my reply to the above.

There are all sorts of government requirements for people to live safely and not harm others.  Requiring a vaccination to prevent the most deadly virus in more than a century is an example of that protection.  It's not just "all about me" but about Jesus saying we should love our neighbors as ourselves.  Should I then refuse a vaccination, contract COVID and passively kill those around me?

Receiving a vaccination is a very simple, painless process.  There may be mild side effects but those are far more preferable to dying a slow, painful death in a hospital (where all the employees are required to be vaccinated!).

As I posted earlier,  I have been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, smallpox, the flu (annually), tetanus, shingles, and COVID (and maybe others that I don't remember). Why? Because I'm not stupid and want to live out my full life span.  And I don't want to passively kill others.

Edited by JimmyB

On 9/3/2022 at 10:51 PM, JimmyB said:

I don't know what happened to my reply to the above.

There are all sorts of government requirements for people to live safely and not harm others.  Requiring a vaccination to prevent the most deadly virus in more than a century is an example of that protection.  It's not just "all about me" but about Jesus saying we should love our neighbors as ourselves.  Should I then refuse a vaccination, contract COVID and passively kill those around me?

Receiving a vaccination is a very simple, painless process.  There may be mild side effects but those are far more preferable to dying a slow, painful death in a hospital (where all the employees are required to be vaccinated!).

As I posted earlier,  I have been vaccinated against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, smallpox, the flu (annually), tetanus, shingles, and COVID (and maybe others that I don't remember). Why? Because I'm not stupid and want to live out my full life span.  And I don't want to passively kill others.

You have absolute rights to believe whatever you want to believe and ignore warning

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/29/2022 at 7:19 AM, one.opinion said:

The letter to this Journal is not a research article. Additionally, it makes several statements that are misleading and others that are completely false. Here is a link to the letter:

https://virologyj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12985-022-01831-0

The letter begins this way:

Dear Editor,

The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic has led to the widespread use of genetic vaccines, including mRNA and viral vector vaccines. In addition, booster vaccines have been used, but their effectiveness against the highly mutated spike protein of Omicron strains is limited.

Everything thing he says in the first sentence is true. The next sentence is where the misinformation begins. While the effectiveness against infection is no longer very strong, the effectiveness against severe disease remains very high, particularly for the mRNA vaccines. The study Yamamoto includes in his next sentence demonstrates this. Here is a link to the article Yamamoto first cites.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00089-7/fulltext

The article is not hard to understand and I encourage anyone interested in the topic to read it.

Yamamoto completely misrepresents the article and makes false claims in his subsequent argument.

The study showed that immune function among vaccinated individuals 8 months after the administration of two doses of COVID-19 vaccine was lower than that among unvaccinated individuals.

First, the Lancet study looks only at SARS-CoV-2 related immunity, not general immunity. Additionally, there is zero indication that vaccinated individuals have lower immunity against SARS-CoV-2 infection or related COVID development. Yamamoto has a two-fer going here - two inaccurate claims in a single sentence.

Since the original premise of the letter is false, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to determine that the rest of his letter is speculative bunk without any evidence to support his claims.

Its hillarious some people think they are smarter than NIH.

• Thumbs Up 1