IGNORED

Could this be a warning? ( a dream i had recently)

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

So i dreamt that my aunt ( she's a prophet and has her own church. I used to go there but left bc of stuff i saw wrong anf still see wrong. Told me i had the spirit of judas in me. Told congregation not to pray for me) and all the members from my old congregation came to me.

Crying and saying its too late for me.. They werw saying they saw me in a dream where i had hung myself and my brother cut me down and just went back to sleep. Another said God is protecting me from so much... Mainly kilking myself ... And then my aunt kept saying it was too late for me.. Bc i keep on sinning and that as a christian youre supposed to change and grow

Then i tried to praise God and sing to him and I went back to my old church but i felt so scared and discouraged.

At my old church i felt i had to walk on egg shells i was always sinning and was scared bc i coulsnt stop. I left bc i knew if i stuck around Id be damned. I truly felt she didnt like me.

I was very afraid when i woke up. Now im a bit more clear headed.

I do feel God may be disappointed in me but i feel going back to my old church wont help. Part kf me feels its a trap to go back into bondage but i also feel God wants me to stop sinning but i dont think i should go back

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I have WILD dreams.  I won't talk about that here.

This dream you've had is disturbing to you, I can tell.  And yes, God does want you to repent and stay away from all sins, especially habitual ones.  He wants that for all of us.

However, I don't feel God would personally send you this dream in particular to get that point across - ESPECIALLY about suicide.

God loves you, even in your circumstances that bring you stress and pain.  He is there.

Do you have a counselor?  I've been seeing one for 11 months now and he is really helping me with my anxiety, depression, and grief over my parents dying.  I am finding recovery over these things to be slower moving that I wanted, but things are moving.

I'll be praying.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

12 hours ago, Jayne said:

I have WILD dreams.  I won't talk about that here.

This dream you've had is disturbing to you, I can tell.  And yes, God does want you to repent and stay away from all sins, especially habitual ones.  He wants that for all of us.

However, I don't feel God would personally send you this dream in particular to get that point across - ESPECIALLY about suicide.

God loves you, even in your circumstances that bring you stress and pain.  He is there.

Do you have a counselor?  I've been seeing one for 11 months now and he is really helping me with my anxiety, depression, and grief over my parents dying.  I am finding recovery over these things to be slower moving that I wanted, but things are moving.

I'll be praying.

it was disturbing. Im nor sure if ir was him or not but it was so specific in the way it addressed the issue that I wasnt changing and kept sinning. 

And then with the suicide thing I wonder maybe if its a spiritual death ...idk

So idk i will keep asking for clarity.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Praying! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

We all need to pray.

Jesus prays for us . . . according to His faith with His ability to pray >

"Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us." (Romans 8:34)

Jesus is perfectly pleasing to our Father; so His prayer is able to get results according to His faith, for us "who first trusted in Christ" (in Ephesians 1:12).

Before Peter denied Jesus three times, how did Jesus take care of that?

Here is what Jesus said to Peter - - - before Peter denied Jesus three times >

"Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren." (in Luke 22:31-32)

So Jesus prayed for Peter before Peter so sinned against Jesus. Jesus had faith with hope for Peter, and took care of Peter in prayer, even before Peter failed like that. And that is why Peter got back with Jesus later, I would say.

But I notice how Jesus tells Peter to strengthen his brothers and sisters. Jesus did not want Peter to only repent from his sinning, but to repent into becoming strong against sinning, and also turn into being able to strengthen others . . . to become all-loving by being able to minister for others to become "strong in the Lord and in the power of His might" (in Ephesians 6:10).

Look at how Peter later became able to write his two epistles, ministering for us also to become and to live in God's love. Look at how Peter became able to stand up to evil leaders and refuse to back down from preaching Jesus.

I would say those are results of Jesus praying for Peter, even before Peter denied Jesus three times > Peter got back with Jesus, plus he preached Jesus and ministered strength to others and even now to us, still.

So, if we have trusted in Jesus, we grow in all which Jesus' own prayer can do with us. We do not only turn from our sinning; the prayer of Jesus does not take care of only me; but His prayer is all-loving, turning us to becoming pleasing to our Father like Jesus is humble and kind, and His prayer has us becoming "examples" (1 Peter 5:3) who minister for others to become and to love like Jesus.

Edited by com7fy8

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

It is NEVER too late.  God always allows people to make a U turn

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 9/2/2022 at 8:56 PM, Jayne said:

God does want you to repent and stay away from all sins, especially habitual ones. 

We need to yield to God to allow His Grace to do a work in us. This does not always happen in an instant, sometimes change takes place over time. Just as healing is not always instant and can take place over time. 

God does not ever disappoint us. He is there to rescue, save, heal and deliver us. He promises us that all things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 9/26/2022 at 10:50 AM, da_man1974 said:

It is NEVER too late.  God always allows people to make a U turn

Whatever dreams may or may not say, repentance - all about turning from sin and turning to the Lord in faith -is a major theme in Scripture, indeed....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/2/2022 at 2:39 PM, Figure of eighty said:
So i dreamt that my aunt ( she's a prophet and has her own church. I used to go there but left bc of stuff i saw wrong anf still see wrong. Told me i had the spirit of judas in me. Told congregation not to pray for me) and all the members from my old congregation came to me.

Crying and saying its too late for me.. They werw saying they saw me in a dream where i had hung myself and my brother cut me down and just went back to sleep. Another said God is protecting me from so much... Mainly kilking myself ... And then my aunt kept saying it was too late for me.. Bc i keep on sinning and that as a christian youre supposed to change and grow

Then i tried to praise God and sing to him and I went back to my old church but i felt so scared and discouraged.

At my old church i felt i had to walk on egg shells i was always sinning and was scared bc i coulsnt stop. I left bc i knew if i stuck around Id be damned. I truly felt she didnt like me.

I was very afraid when i woke up. Now im a bit more clear headed.

I do feel God may be disappointed in me but i feel going back to my old church wont help. Part kf me feels its a trap to go back into bondage but i also feel God wants me to stop sinning but i dont think i should go back

I don't take dreams seriously. They are just our mind that is still working as we sleep. A dream will agree with what God has already revealed in His Word. It has to be in agreement with Scripture. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

.... agree with what God has already revealed in His Word. It has to be in agreement with Scripture. 

This is indeed the point, @missmuffet............ I am baffled by the 'God told me....' type of comment which may be far removed from what Scripture actually says.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, farouk said:

This is indeed the point, @missmuffet............ I am baffled by the 'God told me....' type of comment which may be far removed from what Scripture actually says.

God spoke in dreams in the OT of the Bible. I am not saying that it is impossible for Him to do it now. But a person needs guidelines on what to know would be the truth.