IGNORED

Did your church give Holy Spirit guidance to receive/not receive the Covid shots ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  9.64
  • Days Won:  149

27 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

It IS all on COVID ! And CHINA for RELEASING IT ! 

I think you may have misunderstood what I said here, but if you didn't you are entitled to your opinion.

Let me try to clarify what I said. 

I don't blame the lack of ATTENDANCE on only COVID since there can be a myriad of other reasons churches don't have new members or why churches gain a few and loose a few members constantly. 

I noticed several churches in my area who might have already been weak churches for various reasons closed permanently either during or right after the COVID crisis. 

Now this is only my opinion, but an observation I feel is pretty accurate. The churches who wanted to stay online as long as possible and eliminate in person services looked to be the most likely to close. My take away- They didn't really want to have church and COVID made a great excuse to have a lazy form of church. When that went away they closed. Like some work from homers, the members grew complacent  and lethargic about attending church.  The cost? If no one shows up and pays their tithe monies the church stagnates and dies.

I would add I noticed this in my area more with the apostate churches than with the churches that stuck to the word. Goes back to that "built on a swamp, built on the rock" explanation. This is why I think the coming apostate one world religion will be supported by government monies or quasi christian organizations that really aren't christian and funneling money from elsewhere to prop the great whore up. In much the same way some churches are supported now.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,236
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Starise said:

I think you may have misunderstood what I said here, but if you didn't you are entitled to your opinion.

Let me try to clarify what I said. 

I don't blame the lack of ATTENDANCE on only COVID since there can be a myriad of other reasons churches don't have new members or why churches gain a few and loose a few members constantly. 

I noticed several churches in my area who might have already been weak churches for various reasons closed permanently either during or right after the COVID crisis. 

Now this is only my opinion, but an observation I feel is pretty accurate. The churches who wanted to stay online as long as possible and eliminate in person services looked to be the most likely to close. My take away- They didn't really want to have church and COVID made a great excuse to have a lazy form of church. When that went away they closed. Like some work from homers, the members grew complacent  and lethargic about attending church.  The cost? If no one shows up and pays their tithe monies the church stagnates and dies.

I would add I noticed this in my area more with the apostate churches than with the churches that stuck to the word. Goes back to that "built on a swamp, built on the rock" explanation. This is why I think the coming apostate one world religion will be supported by government monies or quasi christian organizations that really aren't christian and funneling money from elsewhere to prop the great whore up. In much the same way some churches are supported now.

That's not great, But what do you consider an apostate church ? Because I think you seem to be confused at that ! 

Edited by believeinHim

Apostate- A church that no longer teaches or preaches what the bible says, and is instead preaching and teaching something else.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Starise said:

Apostate- A church that no longer teaches or preaches what the bible says, and is instead preaching and teaching something else.

Or only parroting verses without sharing love and kindness and help

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, So when Christians get together, We don't constantly bicker and debate and argue what the true word of God is teaching, then ? Mmmm hmmm. 

The only contention of any kind I have picked up on so far in this thread has come from you. Sorry.

The sad thing is I think your disagreement comes from a misunderstanding.

Huh ? 

Exactly.;)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 9/12/2022 at 8:15 AM, Starise said:

Interesting how experiences differ, and it is hard to draw conclusions from anecdotal evidence. For example, the church which I attend, did not continue with regular services, it was "against the law" to sing in my state, lol. We went from three in person services on Sundays, to one, and that one was outside, in extreme heat and high winds a lot of the time, so not well attended. nevertheless, the giving did not drop off at all, so it was even less likely to close. Same income, lower expenses. I don't know what to attribute that to. Is that an act of the Holy Spirit? Is that what happens when you have people who are genuinely committed and not just there to be seen going to church? I don't know, but at least at one church, Covid did not win!

• Praise God! 2

Well, I don't know about contention, But I do feel Playful ? , A lot ? I have mania, Sooooo...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?