IGNORED

Will we eat food in the New Heaven and New Earth?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I have been curious about these topics myself, and have read numerous commentaries by reputable scholars. Naturally, they all have different opinions. Everything from the sea is symbolic of evil & chaos and seals the abyss, to limit it only to the Mediterranean Sea, so the earth will be watered as it was before no rain.

It seems to be clear in the end everything will revert to the way God created it and intended it to be with His initial plan before the fall. With that in mind…

It appears Adam & Eve did not have glorified bodies and had to eat because of necessity rather than a pure pleasure to maintain their bodies, as we do today. The human family was created as “flesh” and our spiritual family as “spirits.” Capable of transforming into spiritual flesh and eating (several examples).

There are no indications dietary laws for the angelic host ever changed. For humans, the laws changed several times from only fruit, vegetables, and grains to include certain flesh, then any flesh with thanksgiving.

During the millennial reign of Christ, the human population will exponentially explode again to large numbers. Those before the millennium that had saving faith will have glorified bodies and reign and rule with Jesus.

What about all of humanity born during the millennium, at the end of the millennium, before entering eternity? Those that accepted Jesus and followed Him, will they go into eternity with glorified bodies. Or, do they enter eternity and live like God intended Adam & Eve and their offspring? I prefer the latter.

I can say with absolute confidence that I cannot find enough information to form an opinion. 😊

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for asking this, As I am not enjoying eating right now loll! I hope there is food in New Earth and New Heaven, I also hope the threat of choking or swallowing your food the wrong way is not in New Earth or New Heaven, And I hope we don't have to keep up with flossing and hygiene all of the time in order to keep eating, as well ! :24:

But, Aside from this with a perfect body I would hope that there is and I have wondered this as well.

• Question, Do we eat meat in Heaven ? Is there the sacrifice of animals in Heaven or is that no longer ?
Edited by believeinHim

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

No doubt we will eat- just from the Scripture references others before me already posted,those all came to my mind immediately as I read the lovely OP

What a lovely discussion Deb had with her son & how cute were his replies,innocents- no wonder Jesus Told us to be like the children...  

Also,don't forget the manna from Heaven- angels food!(psalms I think)

So even Angels eat!!!!

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/8/2022 at 4:27 PM, debrakay said:

I always try to find a previous thread if possible but could not find anything about this topic.  Food in the new heaven and earth.

My son and I had a long conversation a bit ago.  He is an avid fisherman and enjoys this hobby so much.  I told him about the scripture in Revelation 21:1 that says there will be no sea and Revelation 22 that speaks of the river of life flowing in the new Jerusalem.  He asked me where the river emptied.  I had no answer.  As we talked about this more he explained that God will allow him this happiness so he knows there will be a fishing hole for him somewhere.  As his mother, I agreed. 

Today I did a bit more of a study on these scriptures and find that many biblical scholars believe there will be some kind of body or bodies of water on the new earth since in the very beginning God did create the seas and they were good!  Many commentators explained that the seas of this current world are deadly and cause much grief so God would not allow deadly seas on the new earth but he would give us back the beauty of the originals seas. I believe this!  Walking on the beach and enjoying the sound of the waves is wonderful and beautiful!

As I studied I can across Luke 24:42 when Jesus in resurrected form ate fish and honeycomb with the disciples so we know that eating in the resurrected form is possible.  Also in Matthew 26:29 he tells the disciples he will not drink of the fruit of the vine again until he is in the Father's kingdom.  That tells me grapes will be there!  I love grapes and grape juice!  

Revelation 22:2 also speaks of the twelve fruits from the tree of life.  Why would God produce fruit bearing trees if we were not going to be eating the fruit?

I am sure many of you have some thoughts about food, eating, and the enjoyment of breaking bread (food) together as brothers and sisters in the new heaven and earth.  I would love to hear your thoughts of what we will be eating and drinking in eternity.  

We will live in mansions and grow gardens and eat at the table with Jesus...

Matthew 8:11 

11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Isaiah 65:21-23

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.

John 14:2

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/9/2022 at 3:27 AM, debrakay said:

I always try to find a previous thread if possible but could not find anything about this topic.  Food in the new heaven and earth.

My son and I had a long conversation a bit ago.  He is an avid fisherman and enjoys this hobby so much.  I told him about the scripture in Revelation 21:1 that says there will be no sea and Revelation 22 that speaks of the river of life flowing in the new Jerusalem.  He asked me where the river emptied.  I had no answer.  As we talked about this more he explained that God will allow him this happiness so he knows there will be a fishing hole for him somewhere.  As his mother, I agreed. 

Today I did a bit more of a study on these scriptures and find that many biblical scholars believe there will be some kind of body or bodies of water on the new earth since in the very beginning God did create the seas and they were good!  Many commentators explained that the seas of this current world are deadly and cause much grief so God would not allow deadly seas on the new earth but he would give us back the beauty of the originals seas. I believe this!  Walking on the beach and enjoying the sound of the waves is wonderful and beautiful!

As I studied I can across Luke 24:42 when Jesus in resurrected form ate fish and honeycomb with the disciples so we know that eating in the resurrected form is possible.  Also in Matthew 26:29 he tells the disciples he will not drink of the fruit of the vine again until he is in the Father's kingdom.  That tells me grapes will be there!  I love grapes and grape juice!  

Revelation 22:2 also speaks of the twelve fruits from the tree of life.  Why would God produce fruit bearing trees if we were not going to be eating the fruit?

I am sure many of you have some thoughts about food, eating, and the enjoyment of breaking bread (food) together as brothers and sisters in the new heaven and earth.  I would love to hear your thoughts of what we will be eating and drinking in eternity.  

The Joy is not about eating fruit in new heaven but the Joy is God provide and share it to everybody who receive equally as much as they like and still abundant. Nobody lack of anything unlike this present world where some are rich and some are poor and short of anything

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Deb....

Hi Sis,I thought you might like this,2 different takes on your Topic yet both agree that Scripture certainly Says we will eat. .. I thought they were interesting perspectives

https://www.thebeehive.live/blog/what-is-heaven-its-a-feast