IGNORED

Will we eat food in the New Heaven and New Earth?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

I always try to find a previous thread if possible but could not find anything about this topic.  Food in the new heaven and earth.

My son and I had a long conversation a bit ago.  He is an avid fisherman and enjoys this hobby so much.  I told him about the scripture in Revelation 21:1 that says there will be no sea and Revelation 22 that speaks of the river of life flowing in the new Jerusalem.  He asked me where the river emptied.  I had no answer.  As we talked about this more he explained that God will allow him this happiness so he knows there will be a fishing hole for him somewhere.  As his mother, I agreed. 

Today I did a bit more of a study on these scriptures and find that many biblical scholars believe there will be some kind of body or bodies of water on the new earth since in the very beginning God did create the seas and they were good!  Many commentators explained that the seas of this current world are deadly and cause much grief so God would not allow deadly seas on the new earth but he would give us back the beauty of the originals seas. I believe this!  Walking on the beach and enjoying the sound of the waves is wonderful and beautiful!

As I studied I can across Luke 24:42 when Jesus in resurrected form ate fish and honeycomb with the disciples so we know that eating in the resurrected form is possible.  Also in Matthew 26:29 he tells the disciples he will not drink of the fruit of the vine again until he is in the Father's kingdom.  That tells me grapes will be there!  I love grapes and grape juice!  

Revelation 22:2 also speaks of the twelve fruits from the tree of life.  Why would God produce fruit bearing trees if we were not going to be eating the fruit?

I am sure many of you have some thoughts about food, eating, and the enjoyment of breaking bread (food) together as brothers and sisters in the new heaven and earth.  I would love to hear your thoughts of what we will be eating and drinking in eternity.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

Food and eating together is an important part of human relationships and that is seen in the many illistrations of eating and drinking in reference to heaven.

Add in the fact that this earth is only a copy of the new earth that God has prepared thenonce there food will play a part in our being there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

6 hours ago, Who me said:

Food and eating together is an important part of human relationships and that is seen in the many illistrations of eating and drinking in reference to heaven.

Add in the fact that this earth is only a copy of the new earth that God has prepared thenonce there food will play a part in our being there.

I agree with you both. I do wonder about statements like "the stomach is for food yet God will do away with them both".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The resurrected Jesus ate Luke 24:42-43. In Matthew 8:11 it tells us that many will come to eat at a future feast with the Lord.

Revealtion 19:9 

Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’ ” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.”

So yes we will eat in heaven. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

8 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

I agree with you both. I do wonder about statements like "the stomach is for food yet God will do away with them both".

I have never read that statement or ever read it in scripture.  Do you know where it came from?  I figure if Jesus ate then we would get to also regardless if there is a stomach or not. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 9/8/2022 at 4:27 PM, debrakay said:

I would love to hear your thoughts of what we will be eating and drinking in eternity.  

They say you are what you eat. I tend to avoid eating animals, but I think we do them a big favor when we eat them because they are promoted and climb up the food chain.  We have evolved from pond scum algae. Even this was the beginning of sex: male and female. Although in the beginning, a male could produce a female and a female could produce a male. 

It would make sense that our resurrected body would eat because we are a part of a biodiverse ecosystem and all of creation is going to be redeemed. We will be redeemed and paradise, or Eden, will be redeemed along with us. There are PhD's in Botany that are experts on the evolution of plants in the MIddle East. The plants and animals that we read about in the Bible that we eat today. 

The plants and animals on Noah's Ark by definition were not wild, they were domesticated plants and animals. If you do not read about it in the Bible then chances are it was not on Noah's Ark. His job was to save the garden, God planted in Eden. Man needs food to eat and Noah preserved that food supply for us. 

People do not realize that before the civil war, they tried to make slaves out of the Indians, but it did not work. If they could escape, they could live out in the wilderness, far away from people. The people that came over from Africa did not have the ability the Native American Indians had to survive in the wilderness. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

They say you are what you eat. I tend to avoid eating animals, but I think we do them a big favor when we eat them because they are promoted and climb up the food chain.  We have evolved from pond scum algae. Even this was the beginning of sex: male and female. Although in the beginning, a male could produce a female and a female could produce a male. 

This is unbiblical John. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

I would point out first and foremost that Jesus ate with his disciples multiple times after his resurrection with his glorified, perfected, physical human body.

Also, Jesus said "Assuredly, I say to you, I will no longer drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the Kingdom of God" at Passover (Mark 14:25).

Ultimately we do not know. But since the question stemmed from a general sense of "I love doing this thing and I'm concerned we may not be able to do it for eternity," the real point in all of this is that, if there is anything that we love in this life, it will either be present in the next life, or it will be replaced by things so much better and more wonderful that we would not want to participate in it anymore anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 9/9/2022 at 12:31 PM, missmuffet said:

The resurrected Jesus ate Luke 24:42-43. In Matthew 8:11 it tells us that many will come to eat at a future feast with the Lord.

Revealtion 19:9 

Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’ ” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.”

So yes we will eat in heaven. 

Great point--I've thought on it and believe "do away with stomach and food" refers to death, not the afterlife.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Great point--I've thought on it and believe "do away with stomach and food" refers to death, not the afterlife.

That is true. Our eternity will be perfect. We may experience foods we have never heard of that will be amazing.