• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,877
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, johann pretorius said:

Brother, you are diverting, losing ground, not coming back to my question.
For God knows that on the day that you eat thereof, your eyes will be opened, and you will be like angels, knowing good and evil."         הכִּ֚י יֹדֵ֣עַ אֱלֹהִ֔ים כִּ֗י בְּיוֹם֙ אֲכָלְכֶ֣ם מִמֶּ֔נּוּ וְנִפְקְח֖וּ עֵֽינֵיכֶ֑ם וִֽהְיִיתֶם֙ כֵּֽאלֹהִ֔ים יֹֽדְעֵ֖י ט֥וֹב וָרָֽע:
This from Chabad, naturally transliterated Elohim as malachim, which is incorrect, you think you can teach me Hebrew buddy? I have given the link of this verse from Chabad.

For Elohim doth know that in the yom ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be like Elohim, knowing tov and rah.
OJB.

כי ידע אלהים כי ביום אכלכם ממנו ונפקחו עיניכם והייתם כאלהים ידעי טוב

Instead of calling me a liar, why don't you answer my question?

Did ish and Isha sinned BEFORE they ate of the tree?

First of all I posted the text from Genesis 3:5 from the KJV...I copy and paste..

It is wrong to say that I said that....that is something on my own....I repeat what it is in Genesis 3:5... as it is in King James Version...

To say Angels it is a false statement...

In verse 22 of ch.3 in Genesis the Lord God said, NOT AN ANGEL BUT THE LORD GOD THE CREATOR OF MAN.....

And he used a plural tense when he said : the man is become as one of us....

those words came from the Lord God and not an Angel....

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

note taken...

remember to bring your dictionary with you and tell Jesus, what the dictionary is teaching you...but I want to remind you that Jesus has his own dictionary which he wrote himself...

then remember to do what Adam did to blame the author of the dictionary for making you do it or saying or posting that...like Eve when she said that it was desirable and pleasing to me to follow this path...

The first time the word sin appears on the book of Genesis it is in chapter 4, why you look for it in chapter 3? 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

10 minutes ago, johann pretorius said:

Another name of ye.ho.vah (יהוה "LORD" H3068)
§ This name is used for:
1) (plural)
1a) rulers, judges
1b) divine ones
1c) angels
1d) gods
2) (plural intensive-singular meaning)
2a) god, goddess
2b) godlike one
2c) works or special possessions of God
2d) the (true) God
2e) God

וַיֹּאמֶר הַנָּחָשׁ אֶל־הָֽאִשָּׁה לֹֽא־מוֹת תְּמֻתֽוּן׃
5כִּי יֹדֵעַ אֱלֹהִים כִּי בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְכֶם מִמֶּנּוּ וְנִפְקְחוּ עֵֽינֵיכֶם וִהְיִיתֶם כֵּֽאלֹהִים יֹדְעֵי טוֹב וָרָֽע׃

In genesis 3 the Creator is call or his name is: 

THE LORD GOD 

Not jehovah....

You cannot find the word Jehovah in genesis chapter 3.

***Jehovah was first introduced by William Tyndale in his translation of Exodus 6:3, and appears in some other early English translations including the Geneva Bible and the King James Version.

YHWH 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

2 hours ago, Sower said:

To start, I'm not your 'buddy'.
I may not be a moderator after this one. I'm OK with that.
I think you believe you are "suffering for Jesus" when people call you out.
I can see you enjoy inflaming others, to brag on you 'righteous stand' for God.
You might consider, why  you have been banned from all the other Christian forums, as you quickly let us know to walk on egg shells in discussing with you.
It would be better to show it in your manners, of speech to others here, than continue telling what a great linguist in Hebrew/Greek you are, speak a little more English so us peons can follow your long winded tiresome interminable incessant lectures you present, that are copied/pasted, admittedly yourself, when caught.. We may learn from you, but are not your students. We are here to learn and share with one another. Without getting bombasted because we posted some succinct statement, understandable, but not the whole chapter, or maybe the whole book you may have preferred, to impress others.

"cutting straight the D'var of Elohim"

Another example of your brilliance and my ignorance. You must be addicted to putting us po fok in our place. I grow weary looking up interpretations of your posts.

You are so wrong in misunderstanding my encouragement to share the good news.
My purpose in my reply was to encourage others to share the gospel. Whenever I encourage them to witness in the past here, I'm so often told by others they give the gospel by their walk, their being a nice Christian. I say the witness is good, but they have to eventually leave off about themselves and present the gospel, all of it, including the fact we need to get them lost, to show them their position as without Christ, is an eternity of suffering without God.

I do not consider the "forum police" scrutinizing my post when filled with the spirit every time I'm posting about sharing the good news. Anybody here that has been born again knows enough 'word' to share, or they would not be saved.

Wow, glad you shared that with me, in love.

To weary to get back to the dictionary, but I get your point, and agree. I have to assume you also sow seed, other than the seed you sow here. So what is your method. Hell fire and brimstone right up front? Or do you listen to the scriptures, and your spirit? 

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves. Be ye therefore wise as serpents and harmless as doves"    Just one verse, so you can look up the rest in your bible, in (Matthew 10 ) for those who need to have context....

When witnessing;
I get to know a person somewhat if time permits before I give chapter/verse. Let them know what a sinner I am, but how God has forgiven me, and how God has changed my life, and how. I create a sense of trust to keep their attention. I use no bible, nor start off talking about God. I simply talk, eventually leading up to how I struggled with life and then a faithful Christian told me I must be born again to not suffer in hell. But that Jesus paid my penalty for my sins if I believed. Simple, as a child would understand. Questions may come to elaborate.

So, do you have a method of sharing the gospel to strangers?
Could you share it? In English...:unsure:

Blessings Brother

I remember well when I called those " Born Against"-" Bible Thumpers". ! Boy oh boy if you wanted to see elbow & butt then all ya had to do was start referencing Scripture and telling me hellfire was waiting!!!! I was not ready to Receive God's Word,bound by the spirit of pride,shackled & chained ... Nope,was not ready for God's

But it was the time for " sowing" and those gentle souls the Good Lord Sent my way that Loved me in spite of myself,showed me kindness,understanding and patience turned my head- I listened to them because they spoke in a language I understood- I didn't understand Christianese,it was jibberish to me- after all,I was OF the world!

Christianese is good for Christians,lol but rambling of Scripture & beating the Bible over the head of a worldly ,bound,dead person( yes,DEAD in spirit) is like trying to explain anything in Greek to a person that only speaks English!

I just always remember to think back on the wonderful people who kept pointing me to the cross and dropped those little seeds onto me,then another watered a little and another gave some light & so on & so on..... They all,every one could not save a single soul - but all played a part in showing me the Way to WHO could Save my dead self. 

Anyway,I'm rambling but I get it- Im a Born Again Believer of many years & I still cannot deal with getting beat over the head with Scripture quotes of condemnation- God's Written Word was not written to condemn us so why would anyone use it in such a way- God's Word Convicts us,now that a horse of a different color.      Praise Jesus

With love in Christ, Kwik

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Anyway,I'm rambling but I get it- Im a Born Again Believer

You just ramble all you want, kwik, cuz I always enjoy your testimonies. Understandable and scripture references in English....:)
We don't need a pulpit to beat on to share Christ. Just being available/willing to to share what our spirit moves to reveal. For me it starts out as fun sharing with a stranger, but if I see the tears start, and see it become realization, I feel a oneness with God. A peace.  A good thing to do.   Keep on ramblin......

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

5 hours ago, johann pretorius said:

Oh, I see, you are reading scriptures "selectively" and with scissors, cut out the wrath and eternal damnation parts, of which Jesus spoke, and is still speaking of, and that of Paul, not rightly cutting straight the D'var of Elohim.
The Bible is meant to be read from left to right, not right to left..
Hell fire and brimstone is from olam to olam, no cessation of the nephesh, nor nephesh sleep.
Billy Graham is still asking why pastors are not preaching the thundering's of Mt Sinai,...

TORMENT
of the wicked
Luk_16:23; Rev_14:11; Rev_16:10; Rev_18:10; Rev_20:10
   --SEE Fire, FUTURE STATE OF THE WICKED
Hell, FUTURE STATE OF THE WICKED
& FUTURE STATE OF THE WICKED
& HELL
& HELL
Gnashing of Teeth, TEETH GNASHING OF
& TEETH GNASHING OF
The Wicked, WICKED

REWARD-PUNISHMENT
   (A) REWARD
(1) For Spiritual Service
--SEE Future Life, FUTURE, THE
(2) For Suffering Endured
--SEE Future Life, FUTURE, THE
Overcomers, BATTLE OF LIFE
(3) General References to
Gen_15:1; Psa_19:9; Psa_19:11; Psa_58:11; Isa_40:10; Isa_62:11; Jer_31:16
Mat_6:4; 1Co_9:17; 2Jo_1:8; Rev_22:12
--SEE Spiritual Crowns, FUTURE, THE
Spiritual Kings, EXALTATION
(4) Earthly, a Source of Temptation
Num_22:7; Num_22:17; Deu_16:19; 1Ki_13:7; 2Ki_5:15; Isa_1:23; Dan_5:17
Mic_3:11; Mic_7:3
--- Refused. SEE Men of God, LEADERS
Temptation Resisted, TEMPTATION
--- For Obedience. See OBEDIENCE
--- Uprightness. See UPRIGHTNESS
--- Of the Wicked. SEE Recompense (1), REWARD
Retribution, PUNISHMENT
(B) RECOMPENSE
(1) Of Evil
Isa_59:18; Eze_7:4; Eze_9:10; Eze_11:21; Hos_9:7; 2Th_1:6; Heb_2:2
--SEE Retribution, PUNISHMENT
& PUNISHMENT
Vengeance, CONDEMNATION
No Escape, SIN
(2) Of Righteousness
Rth_2:12; 2Sa_22:25; Pro_11:31; Pro_13:21; Isa_35:4; Luk_14:14
Heb_10:35
--SEE Crowns, FUTURE, THE
Kings, Spiritual, EXALTATION
Heaven, 1356
Eternal Glory, FUTURE, THE
(C) PUNISHMENT
(1) Of the Wicked
Isa_13:11; Isa_26:21; Isa_59:18; Jer_21:14; Zep_1:12
Luk_12:47; Rom_2:8; Heb_10:29
--SEE Threatenings, THREATENINGS
Destruction, INSECURITY
No Escape, SIN
(2) Future
Psa_11:6; Mal_4:1; Mat_18:9; Mat_25:46; Mar_3:29; Luk_3:17; 2Th_1:9
2Pe_2:9; Rev_14:11; Rev_20:15
--SEE Future State, FUTURE STATE OF THE WICKED
Hell, FUTURE STATE OF THE WICKED
Fire, FUTURE STATE OF THE WICKED
For Punishments, Ancient Modes of, SEE NATION, THE
(D) RETRIBUTION
(1) Threatened
Exo_20:5; Exo_32:34; Deu_7:10; 2Sa_12:10; Psa_7:16; Psa_37:15
Isa_65:6; Isa_66:6; Jer_23:2; Jer_51:56; Oba_1:15; Mat_23:35; Heb_10:30
--SEE No Escape, SIN
Sin's Penalty, SIN
Wicked Snared, WICKED
Threatenings, THREATENINGS
(2) Examples of
Jdg_1:7; Jdg_9:24; 2Sa_18:17; 1Ki_2:32; 2Ki_9:26; Est_7:10; Est_9:25
--SEE The Wicked, WICKED

2Ti_3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:5  Having an outward form of chasidus but the ko'ach having denied. Turn away from these.

Tit_2:12  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2Pe_2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Jud_1:4  For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Don't like "Bible thumping?" Selective reading?
I am not here to tickle your ears buddy

It is appointed ONCE for a man to die, and after that the judgement

What are you sowing, sower?

If I have misunderstood you, please, correct me, I am always open for correction

Blessings Brother Johann

I'm saddened by this post of yours,unexpected and unprovoked - why are you attacking our Brother in Christ? Because he has a kinder,gentler way? We all have a specific calling for one purpose- to deliver the Message. Some deliver it swiftly,like Fed Ex, others are sure to get there but maybe they take longer,lol like USPS , others kind of dump it at the front door,like UPS and then some are sent private delivery and need a signature .... However,they all deliver a package from a sender - if you have a problem or need more info then ya gotta get in touch with the Sender!

So I'm gonna ask you this- is it up to you how the Message is delivered? Is it not up to your standards? It is not you that anyone needs answer to,remember that- please;

Perhaps you spend a lot of time away from people,who are you preaching to? Here,my Brother,are the Brethren, not the unbelievers and thank God because I think your message would be lost in transit,no offense intended but honest and to the point

I am not happy when I see a Brother in Christ attack another Brother in Christ for no good reason when they love our Lord and have been nothing but kind.....  It's uncalled for and accomplishes nothing,less than nothing

Besides,as a Worthy Watchman Moderator let me remind you & everyone who cares to listen- the Topic is questions for the OP about Christianity- let's get back on Topic and put this kind of distraction away- right NOW.

This is a really great Topic and I don't want to see it shut down for nonsense... Let's keep the personal comments out of here and remain on the Subject matter!!!; I'm not going to say it again

The little side comments of encouragement ,edification & lifting up is wonderful fellowship- here,iron sharpens iron- not stabbing anyone in the foot!

God Bless us all,let's represent our Savior for all our readers and to the Glory of God

In His Love,Kwik

• Loved it! 2

@kwikphillywhat a beautiful post. What a beautiful way to express ones thoughts in such a precise way.

You do not waste any words.

Blessings double Blessings

Tomorrow don't go to the Doctor... 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@kwikphillywhat a beautiful post. What a beautiful way to express ones thoughts in such a precise way.

You do not waste any words.

Blessings double Blessings

Tomorrow don't go to the Doctor

Blessings Friendnt

Thank you my Brother but you know WHO to Praise- I give thanks to our Sweet Lord for any good Word!

May I ask,why don't you want me to see the doctor later?I am going to go and certainly God is with me!❤️

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Praise God! 1

11 hours ago, johann pretorius said:

Hi there Kwik, yup, I'm around, by and through the chesed of our Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.
You remind me of a fresh breeze on Worthy.
That's up until we have our first "moments of intense fellowship"
Blessings
J.

The Compelling Power of the Cross
What is it that makes the young man devote himself, as a
missionary, to the cause of God, to leave father and mother, and
go into distant lands? It is a thing of power that does it; it is the
gospel. What is it that constrains the far away minister, in the
midst of cholera, to climb up that creaking staircase, and stand by
the bed of some dying creature who has that tragic disease? It
must be a thing of power which leads him to risk his life; it is love
of the cross of Christ which urges him to do it. What is that which
enables one man to stand up before a multitude of his fellows, all
unprepared it may be, but determined that he will speak nothing
but Christ, and Him crucified? What is it that enables him to cry,
like the war horse of Job, in battle, Yes! and more glorious in
might? It is a thing of power that does it—it is Christ crucified.
What encourages that timid female to walk down that dark road
some wet evening, that she may go and sit by the victim of a
contagious fever? What strengthens her to go through that den of
thieves, and pass by the depraved and perverted? What influences
her to enter into that house of death, and there sit down and
whisper words of comfort? Does gold make her do it? They are to
poor to give her gold. Does fame make her do it? She will never be
known nor written among the mighty women of this earth. What
makes her do it? What impels her to it? It is the power, the thing
of power; it is the cross of Christ—she loves it, and she therefore
says, Were the whole realm of nature mine, As a present it would
be far too small; Love so amazing, so divine, Demands my soul,
my life, my all.
Spurgeon

Am I a Calvinist? For quoting Sturgeons quotes?
No, since I don't hold to TULIP

Stay strong in Christ Kwik, and shalom to you and family.
J.

1fa674fa-2e73-4e31-8d62-48d68429be2c.jpg

Blessings Brother

Thank you for the kind words & the beautiful post- Praise to Jesus and the Power of His Finished work on the Cross!

Hope you still feel this way about the warm gentle breeze after my little whirlwind! Lol

It's all in LOVE because I truly care for every one of my Worthy Family here( you are included!)

Now- back in Topic guys & gals , . ...

Blessings @Starise

In tradition of a Worthy"Back on Topic" kickoff....

I have a question for you . 

What do you think about Paul talking about the thorn in his flesh & asking the Lord 3 times to remove it.  .. of course I must share that the Lord's Answer," My Grace is sufficient" was what carried me,personally through many an affliction.....the Answer was " No" to give a temporary fix to a temporary problem because the big picture is so much more...

I don't think it matters really because by not knowing we can all relate Paul's issue to something we have to deal with in our very " temporal" lives

What do you think about Paul's " thorn" ?

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

45 minutes ago, johann pretorius said:

Is this a Pentecostal Church?
In our private discussion I have informed you a bit re myself, and now you use it against me..
You want to know what we call such a person in South Africa?

Who are "the brethren?"

Again, is this a Pentecostal ministry?

What does Pentecost mean,?