• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

51 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Isn't that ironic, regarding Ted Haggard

I really wish I could remember more about both of them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Wigglesworth was an early Pentecostal preacher and pretty controversial (accused of false teaching). He would sometimes punch, kick, or slap people he was praying for. His justification of this reprehensible conduct was that he wasn't striking the person, he was striking the demons afflicting them.

Wigglesworth taught that all sickness was caused by Satan and if an individual wasn't healed/ delivered by his act, they lacked faith and were sinning.

Pentecostal if that is the case....condemn him!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,361
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  99

Just now, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Pentecostal if that is the case....condemn him!!!!!!!!!!

Irrelevant. That he was an early Penetocostal preacher is merely historical fact. So what?

His conduct and teaching are the issue at hand, my friend. Physically assaulting other people is vile.

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

Irrelevant. That he was an early Penetocostal preacher is merely historical fact. So what?

His conduct and teaching are the issue at hand, my friend. Physically assaulting other people is vile.

So why would you bring it up if it was irrelevant???   The post was about some misconduct accusations not his teachings. 

By the way I was being facetious. 

I just find it ironic that a man accusing a preacher from the 1920's of misconduct, yet he Ted Haggard openly admitted being involved with male prostitutes, smoking meth, and admitted as a minister and a married man is bisexual.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-haggard-says-hes-bisexual/

Talk about having a log in your eye.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

I thought I recognized that name (Haggard).

Haggard writes about the reprimanding Wigglesworth received from his elders regarding the incident with the women, but no details are available about the incident.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

anyone heard of this?
Smith Wigglesworth: Disqualified? – The Pastor's Pen

The Devil is going full steam ahead now. It isnt Wigglesworth you should worry about. Its those that deem themselves worthy still.

• Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

So why would you bring it up if it was irrelevant???   The post was about some misconduct accusations not his teachings. 

By the way I was being facetious. 

I just find it ironic that a man accusing a preacher from the 1920's of misconduct, yet he Ted Haggard openly admitted being involved with male prostitutes, smoking meth, and admitted as a minister and a married man is bisexual.

Talk about having a log in your eye.

All of us were liars, cheats, and enemies of God at one time. What's your point?

Referencing Wigglesworth and his misconduct is relating the facts. If there was a fire, and a homosexual man warned you about it, would you ignore the warning because he's a homosexual?

Haggard didn't fabricate anything about Wigglesworth's conduct. The truth is the truth, regardless if someone like Haggard or a donkey is the messenger. 

In any case, the issue with those two women was hearsay as far as I know. However, Wigglesworth physically assaulting sick and disabled people is not a matter of hearsay. He was repudiated for it during his day.

• This is Worthy 1

18 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

All of us were liars, cheats, and enemies of God at one time. What's your point?

Referencing Wigglesworth and his misconduct is relating the facts. If there was a fire, and a homosexual man warned you about it, would you ignore the warning because he's a homosexual?

Haggard didn't fabricate anything about Wigglesworth's conduct. The truth is the truth, regardless if someone like Haggard or a donkey is the messenger. 

In any case, the issue with those two women was hearsay as far as I know. However, Wigglesworth physically assaulting sick and disabled people is not a matter of hearsay. He was repudiated for it during his day.

I would not believe anything Ted Haggard writes or says.  You do know that he wrote this after getting caught and later admitting his involvement with male prostitutes, drugs, and denying his faith while as a minister.  Who is he to condemn others on misconduct?  This guys is proven con-artist and a wolf.

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep. ... and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority. Bold and willful, they do not tremble as they blaspheme the glorious ones, ... But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed, blaspheming about matters of which they are ignorant, will also be destroyed in their destruction, suffering wrong as the wage for their wrongdoing. They count it pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their deceptions, while they feast with you. They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing, ... They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. - 2Pe 2:1-3, 10, 12-15, 19-20 

• Oy Vey! 1

40 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

I would not believe anything Ted Haggard writes or says.  You do know that he wrote this after getting caught and later admitting his involvement with male prostitutes, drugs, and denying his faith while as a minister.  Who is he to condemn others on misconduct?  This guys is proven con-artist and a wolf.

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep. ... and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority. Bold and willful, they do not tremble as they blaspheme the glorious ones, ... But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed, blaspheming about matters of which they are ignorant, will also be destroyed in their destruction, suffering wrong as the wage for their wrongdoing. They count it pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their deceptions, while they feast with you. They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing, ... They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. - 2Pe 2:1-3, 10, 12-15, 19-20 

The actions and ministry of Smith Wigglesworth are a matter of historical record, my friend. What Wigglesworth did during his time on earth had nothing to do with Haggard. A simple search provides ample sources regarding this British evangelist who was a major figure in the early Pentecostal movement. Whatever Haggard wrote is a drop in the bucket. He's not the only source of information.

Our interchange is going nowhere. It's apparent that we're discussing separate issues, so I'm finished with it. :) 

• This is Worthy 1

Just now, Marathoner said:

The actions and ministry of Smith Wigglesworth are a matter of historical record, my friend. What Wigglesworth did during his time on earth had nothing to do with Haggard. A simple search provides ample sources regarding this British evangelist who was a major figure in the early Pentecostal movement. Whatever Haggard wrote is a drop in the bucket. He's not the only source of information.

Our interchange is going nowhere. It's apparent that we're discussing separate issues, so I'm finished with it. :) 

You keep making this about Smith Wigglesworth being a Pentecostal...even after you said it was Irrelevant.  Which is it? 

The original post was about a misconduct accusation from Ted 
Hangered who himself has been evolved with multiple scandal's since his admitted homosexual/drug sandal.

https://ministrywatch.com/ted-haggard-faces-new-allegations-launches-new-church/