IGNORED

much ado about nothing (Black Little Mermaid)

creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone else amused at this whole uproar about Ariel in the little mermaid remake being black.  Grown people are making videos complaining about it,  arguing that a half woman half fish hybrid creature who lives on the ocean bottom  wouldnt have melanin due to the lack of sunlight,making fake movie posters where they race swap black historical figures  like Rosa Parks and Martin Luther king jr with white actors to somehow point out the hypocrisy involved.Regardless of your opinion of race swapping  characters in media a couple of points must be noted

1) The kids, who are pretty much  the target audience will watch it and not care.

2)Its Disney's movie so they can do what they wish with it.

3) There are far far more pertinent issues to get up in arms about.

4) Its just a 90 minute movie. If you dont like it, just dont watch it

5) Your childhood is over. Nothing that happens when you grow up can change it.

Seeing this, theres actually a group called Christians Against The   Little Mermaid.  Now I dunno if the people in it are actualy Christians or just tack the name on but. Heres an important point to be made if they are-

People of God. Fight the battles He puts us to fight. Theres no reflection of Christ or spiritual stake in protesting the colour of a movie character,  This can only reflect badly on us all when our conduct is highlighted. This can apply to sports, politics , practically anything in life. Sure you can have an opinion, but how far will you go to push it? Are you willing to damage the ministry of christians for it?

Screenshot 2022-09-24 091350.jpg

The-Little-Mermaid.png

Edited by creativemechanic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

Huh? Who cares....

I think it's just silly,I mean shouldnt she be blueish green? It's a make believe creature,why would anyone care? This world is nutty,taking Aunt Jemima off the pancake box,banning Huck Finn books,why not make little Sambo or Mowgli a white boy or freckle face kid?Who cares.....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  225

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Huh? Who cares....

I think it's just silly,I mean shouldnt she be blueish green? It's a make believe creature,why would anyone care? This world is nutty,taking Aunt Jemima off the pancake box,banning Huck Finn books,why not make little Sambo or Mowgli a white boy or freckle face kid?Who cares.....

Its a Mad Mad world. Lol

• Haha 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,179
  • Content Per Day:  9.52
  • Days Won:  149

I have absolutely nothing against any race. Yeah it's just a cartoon and I agree it isn't anything to get in a huff over. I'm not in a huff, but it would be interesting to know WHY they decided to change the appearance of a main character. What drives these decisions? 

If a character was typically black and the character was changed to white I believe people would wonder about that too. Nothing wrong with being white. Nothing wrong with being black.

I'm probably more concerned about the new Superman being gay. I believe this is an attempt at social engineering for the very young.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  1

I recently watched a video of someone critiquing this movie, but not at all because the character happens to be black. It was rather that a live action film gets trapped with "real" underwater gloom and lack of colour, while the animated version was bright and colourful.

People complaining over the character's skin colour is stupid beyond belief.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Anyone else amused at this whole uproar about Ariel in the little mermaid remake being black.  Grown people are making videos complaining about it,  arguing that a half woman half fish hybrid creature who lives on the ocean bottom  wouldnt have melanin due to the lack of sunlight,making fake movie posters where they race swap black historical figures  like Rosa Parks and Martin Luther king jr with white actors to somehow point out the hypocrisy involved.Regardless of your opinion of race swapping  characters in media a couple of points must be noted

1) The kids, who are pretty much  the target audience will watch it and not care.

2)Its Disney's movie so they can do what they wish with it.

3) There are far far more pertinent issues to get up in arms about.

4) Its just a 90 minute movie. If you dont like it, just dont watch it

5) Your childhood is over. Nothing that happens when you grow up can change it.

Seeing this, theres actually a group called Christians Against The   Little Mermaid.  Now I dunno if the people in it are actualy Christians or just tack the name on but. Heres an important point to be made if they are-

People of God. Fight the battles He puts us to fight. Theres no reflection of Christ or spiritual stake in protesting the colour of a movie character,  This can only reflect badly on us all when our conduct is highlighted. This can apply to sports, politics , practically anything in life. Sure you can have an opinion, but how far will you go to push it? Are you willing to damage the ministry of christians for it?

Screenshot 2022-09-24 091350.jpg

The-Little-Mermaid.png

I don't go to movies. Let the world complain what they need to complain about. My walk is with God not with this world. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Huh? Who cares....

Everyones heart is the same color. God does not look at color He looks at the heart. 

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

49 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I don't go to movies. Let the world complain what they need to complain about. My walk is with God not with this world. 

That's great,good for you! I do so enjoy movies though,I don't complain about them though - I mean,shut it off if ya don't like it!Right?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273

2 hours ago, Starise said:

I have absolutely nothing against any race. Yeah it's just a cartoon and I agree it isn't anything to get in a huff over. I'm not in a huff, but it would be interesting to know WHY they decided to change the appearance of a main character. What drives these decisions? 

If a character was typically black and the character was changed to white I believe people would wonder about that too. Nothing wrong with being white. Nothing wrong with being black.

I'm probably more concerned about the new Superman being gay. I believe this is an attempt at social engineering for the very young.

Yeah. It's actually the original Supermans son. And to show how forced it is, the second Robin, who had been written straight for years abruptly pops out as gay and jumps in a relationship with a man after having been in one with a woman and Iceman who had been written straight for DECADES comes out as gay  a few years back.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Well...there's some validity to the argument...Disney is trying to race swap a traditionally white character...which your right, is their right to do so, and even more so it may even be better then the original. I don't know (of course I didn't like the original so it may not take much lol)

However, it's the reason they did it. Did they do it because they thought it was better...or did they do it to further push the racial divide the left has been trying (and succeeding) with their cancel culture and wokenness. Like taking aunt Jemima off their brand label, even though it was honoring a black woman. 

That's the real issue. However, you are right getting up in arms over the little mermaid is a bad hill to die on...as it's childish, paints us as racist, and quite frankly shows us as ignorant because there's a lot bigger things to protest Disney over then the skin color of a mermaid.

There's several huge, glaringly obvious and horrible things that Disney is doing which christian should be up in arms over, but arnt, yet they're angry over the skin color of a mermaid.