• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/30/2022 at 10:49 AM, JohnD said:

First of all, WELCOME TO ETERNAL LIFE ! ! !

Secondly, I used to indulge in chat rooms almost 30 years ago (which were so addictive to me then, well I'm better off on message boards... ).

I am also not a very fast typist (with many corrections needed). So message board it is.

I completely understand your point about chatting with Christians.

I must admit skipping over the many posts even here that indulge in the type of conversations you are speaking of.

I do believe in Bible study and teaching it's principles. But that doesn't necessarily mean "quoting the manual" at each and every point. 

Your Screen Name is what caught my attention. My Beloved Wife (of 42 years this Christmas) spoke of how she liked to eat from the

mud pies she used to make as  a small girl. Her mother took her to the Doctor for it and he diagnosed it as a mineral deficiency. My Beloved

said she simply liked the taste. LOL

Anyway, I hope you stick around here to chat / converse on message boards and that it is more like what you are looking for.

Oh, I wanted to add, that I am on Quora Digest for the same reasons you mentioned. Many of the people I interact with are non-believers or

new believers there. My handle over there is John DBaptiste (observer of life).

Lol I actually call myself dirt eater not because I like eating dirt but because of my job. I work on the electrical and computer side of heavy equipment or in other words Earth moving equipment.

My brother's and my nephews are always so jealous of my work because I get to play with the toys that they all dream about. Bulldozers, motor graders you name it. Oh and I drive them too. I test them out on the back lot to see how they operate.

Eat Your Hearts Out Boys LOL

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;

-Proverbs 3:5

Some interpret this to mean they should never think about anything.

And never learn anything.

But in splitting hairs, that's not quite what it says.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  432
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Content Per Day:  2.07

Are you a Millennial ? Gen Z ? Trust me, I come from a Christian household and they do not behave Christian. :emot-fail:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,322
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

For me, Lisa, it is a deep driven desire to know God and that's my juice no matter format :thumbsup:

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/24/2022 at 3:20 PM, Dirt Eaters said:

I come here thinking I'm going to talk to other people on subjects that people share, and very few people actually make a comment...

I'm new here too.

What would you like to discuss?  

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 10/9/2022 at 8:41 AM, Dirt Eaters said:

You do talk back and forth here , it is a form of chat. 

Now you can have all sorts of names for this , but the bottom line is still the same. It is a chat line.

I have to sort of agree with OneLight, while not totally disagreeing with you. It comes down to jargon, or "field specific language". In general use of language, chat is usually an informal, spoken communication between two of more people. It is not hard to extend that to a written communication online, I get that. However, in the language or jardon of the internet, a forum or message board is a place where extended communications go back and forth, and can continue for year, even after those who initiated them have left the conversation. Conversely, chats are short, real time conversation which are dynamic, and the topic can change in a heart beat. If you are not a quick thinker and typer, the topic can change before you can even respond.

Personally, though I am a slow typer and my thinking has slowed much in my old age, I prefer chats of that kind, mostly because I feel you get to know people on a more personal level, it feels more like a relationship instead of people trying to beat each other up and engaging in inflating their own egos at the expense of others. The risk in chats, is that you cannot take the time to consider your words completely, before blurting something out that you cannot really take back. Not a great environment for opinionated hot heads!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

On 11/10/2022 at 8:31 PM, Not of the World said:

I'm new here too.

What would you like to discuss?  

A couple days after Thanksgiving, I was a little bit depressed and started thinking about my former life. And started wanting to get back into it, and I almost did I almost went to the club to be part of that club for a night but after getting dressed up for it, and wearing my coat and all that I ended up going over to the park and sitting at the park and talking to God.

I wasn't angry with God and I wasn't beseeching God and I wasn't arguing and all that kind of stuff. I was just talking to him like I would talk to anybody else.

And then it started snowing. And I love walking in the snow when it's snowing. To me at the moment when it happened I just felt like God was patting me on my back and saying everything's okay. It was like a warm embrace.

I ended up walking on some of the paths, even in my high heels. Probably something suicidal for some, if you're familiar with walking and heels. ( you dont walk down dirt paths )

And then I drove back home.

Do you ever have those kind of moments or you feel that God is giving you a warm embrace?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.84
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Dirt Eaters said:

Do you ever have those kind of moments or you feel that God is giving you a warm embrace?

Yes!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 11/28/2022 at 7:03 AM, Dirt Eaters said:

A couple days after Thanksgiving, I was a little bit depressed and started thinking about my former life. And started wanting to get back into it, and I almost did I almost went to the club to be part of that club for a night but after getting dressed up for it, and wearing my coat and all that I ended up going over to the park and sitting at the park and talking to God.

I wasn't angry with God and I wasn't beseeching God and I wasn't arguing and all that kind of stuff. I was just talking to him like I would talk to anybody else.

And then it started snowing. And I love walking in the snow when it's snowing. To me at the moment when it happened I just felt like God was patting me on my back and saying everything's okay. It was like a warm embrace.

I ended up walking on some of the paths, even in my high heels. Probably something suicidal for some, if you're familiar with walking and heels. ( you dont walk down dirt paths )

Awesome experience . . . the bottom-line is He loves us!  He just wants to fellowship with us in everything, and I do mean everything.  He did it all on the cross and came to live in us so we could have an ongoing conversation with Him without fear.

Our flesh always wants to pull us back, but if we turn to Him and resist, the pull of the old flesh-life gets weaker.  The new creation He's started in us gets stronger through turning to Him in all the areas of our life.  We then find more and more that it is His life in us that's sufficient and that His ability is made more effective as we experience our own weakness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

On 11/28/2022 at 9:03 AM, Dirt Eaters said:

Hi @Dirt Eaters It's good to be reminded of the importance of prayer and the Scriptures daily by which communion with the One Who died at the Cross for us is maintained.