IGNORED

Climate Change Is Extremely Political And Agenda Serving, Unfortunately It Is Also True

Space_Karen

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

I have wondered if Christians are gonna be targeted if climate change is real, because a lot vote republican which has indeed denied the seriousness of the threat. The issue is the left is so happy to lie or exaggerate it makes it impossible to trust them. I fear it is a real thing. But I can't trust or stand behind the leftist ideals and platform either. Frankly it is hard to tell what is real nowadays.

Edited by Mozart's Starling

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,053
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

2 minutes ago, Mozart's Starling said:

I have wondered if Christians are gonna be targeted if climate change is real, because a lot vote republican which has indeed denied the seriousness of the threat.

People are smart enough to make a distinction between Christians and the religious right.

On 10/11/2022 at 3:28 PM, RV_Wizard said:

When it was pointed out the the warming cycle was also happening on Mars; a planet with a noted shortage of Suburbans, the media ignored the fact.

Sounds like a testable claim...

Land and Forest Area
It is estimated that—at the beginning of European settlement—in 1630 the area of forest land that would becomethe United States was 423 million hectares or about 46
percent of the total land area. By 1907, the area of forest land had declined to an estimated 307 million hectares or 34 percent of the total land area. Forest area has been relatively stable since 1907. In 1997, 302 million hectares—or 33 percent of the total land area of the United States—was in forest land. Today’s forest land area amounts to about 70 percent of the area that was forested in 1630.  Since 1630, about 120 million hectares of forest land have been converted to other uses—mainly agricultural.More than 75 percent of the net conversion to other usesoccurred in the 19th century.

https://www.fia.fs.usda.gov/library/brochures/docs/2000/ForestFactsMetric.pdf

Prior to being called "climate change" it was called "global warming"; a designation which preceded a 17 year cooling trend.  Unable to still call it warning, they changed it to "Climate change."

Well, let's take a look...

Comparison2017-3854585628.jpg.ed82704697fcc900f4250df709581cca.jpg

No, that's wrong, too.

When it was pointed out the the warming cycle was also happening on Mars; a planet with a noted shortage of Suburbans, the media ignored the fact.

Maybe we can find some data on that...

Conclusion

The empirical evidence isn't conclusive on whether global warming is happening on Mars. However, to answer the question on whether the sun is causing Earth's global warming, there is plentiful data on solar activity and Earth's climate. Many papers have examined this data, concluding the correlation between sun and climate ended in the 70's when the modern global warming trend began.

So the argument that Martian warming disproves anthropogenic global warming fails on two points - there is little empirical evidence that Mars is warming and Mars' climate is primarily driven by dust and albedo, not solar variations.

https://skepticalscience.com/global-warming-on-mars-intermediate.htm

Does man have any influence?  No. 

Sorry, that's wrong.   What is now Iraq used to be a lush farmland.   Poor agricultural practices made it semi-arid.   Israel was "a land of milk and honey" until Romans deforested it and changed the climate.  

The same people who tell you climate change is real tell you infanticide is okay and God is not real.  Do not be deceived.

If you believe that, you have been deceived.   I oppose abortion and I acknowledge Jesus as Lord.   Try to do better than this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 7/31/2023 at 4:35 PM, Ps37 said:

John Kerry in 2009:

I had no idea John Kerry was a climate scientist.   But I suppose that people who think politicians are a good source of climate data wouldn't care.

Here's a better source:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/when-will-all-the-ice-in-the-arctic-be-gone/

Summer ice pack in the Arctic ocean is now about 1/3 of what it was 40 years ago.  

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 8/2/2023 at 1:26 PM, The Barbarian said:

I had no idea John Kerry was a climate scientist.   But I suppose that people who think politicians are a good source of climate data wouldn't care.

I had no idea someone could get appointed "Special Presidential Envoy For Climate" without having had more than sufficient prior access to "climate data" when he cited "scientists" as predicting ice-free arctic summers by 2014.

But I suppose that people who think politicians who are appointed "Special Presidential Envoy For Climate," and who thereby dictate "climate policy," did not have more than sufficient prior access to "climate data" when citing the predictions of "scientists" wouldn't care. 

Edited by Ps37

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.70

On 7/5/2023 at 6:27 PM, The Barbarian said:

If you look from space, you can see that contrails aren't even visible but clouds are.   Now, if we could significantly increase the cloud cover of the Earth, we'd increase the albedo, and maybe reduce the increase in heating. 

It's at least potentially doable, but it would be extraordinarily expensive.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2009/jul/13/manchester-report-cloudships

What problem has the government actually solved and made the Earth better place?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.70

On 7/26/2023 at 5:03 PM, The Barbarian said:

People are smart enough to make a distinction between Christians and the religious right.

What are the differences between the religious right and Christians? Or maybe, you need to define these terms as you're using them.

I'm a non-denominational Christian. 

1 hour ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

What are the differences between the religious right and Christians?

Not every member of the religious right is a Christian.   There's considerable overlap, but they aren't necessarily the same thing.   There are Jewish, Muslim, Odinist, etc. people who consider themselves to be part of the religious right. 

1 hour ago, SavedOnebyGrace said:

I'm a non-denominational Christian. 

There are some members of the religious right who are non-denominational Christians.   There are many non-denominational Christians who are not part of the religious right.

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/responses/the-alt-right-and-medieval-religions

There are also leftist non-denominational churches.