• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

55 minutes ago, Tristen said:

I think there is a sense in which this is correct, but also a sense in which we are trying to squeeze the concept of time into a word where it is not typically understood that way. That could be problematic in terms of being clear in our communication.

I would suggest the word "infinite" would more adequately express the concept that God is also ubiquitous in time. And the term "eternal" to express the concept that God is ubiquitous across all of reality.

You do know that time and space are covariant. If you have one you also have the other.

Also the moment anything is measured and quantified it becomes finite.

If God doesn't always exist, doesn't always know all that is knowable, and does have all the power to act as He pleases, he isn't God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

What helped me get my head around the concept of not only one but three coexistent eternal omnipresent individuals of Spirit are the three spatial dimensions which exist everywhere at the same time from the largest universal scale to the smallest quantum scale... in fact, the absence of any one of the three spatial dimensions makes the existence of the other two impossible. ← I do not know if that has any application to or bearing on God... but it is thought provoking.

What also boggles my mind is how God in his omniscience (all-knowingness) knew / knows / will know all along all the details of everything at every point in time and eternity plus all the variables from giving choice to men and angels.

This All Powerful God will have no problem discerning who would and who would not choose to believe in His Son had they survived to make that decision (I am thinking specifically of aborted babies) or anyone who dies before they get that chance. So not all babies go to heaven but the ones who would have chosen to believe in Christ Jesus God foreknew and saves.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

You do know that time and space are covariant. If you have one you also have the other.

Also the moment anything is measured and quantified it becomes finite.

If God doesn't always exist, doesn't always know all that is knowable, and does have all the power to act as He pleases, he isn't God.

You do know that time and space are covariant. If you have one you also have the other

Yes, I am aware of space-time as a conception of modern physics (namely, Einsteinian Relativity).

Nevertheless, the word “omnipresent” has been used for over 400 years to mean ‘in every place at the same time’.

It may therefore be conceptually correct to point out that God exists in every place at every time. However, in terms of communicating this idea, “omnipresent” may lack the efficiency of other words and phrases. That is, I suspect very few people who hear the word “omnipresent” automatically include the concept of time in their understanding.

Also the moment anything is measured and quantified it becomes finite. If God doesn't always exist, doesn't always know all that is knowable, and does have all the power to act as He pleases, he isn't God

My apologies, but I’m not entirely sure what this means, or how it applies to anything I’ve said.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

33 minutes ago, Tristen said:

Also the moment anything is measured and quantified it becomes finite. If God doesn't always exist, doesn't always know all that is knowable, and does have all the power to act as He pleases, he isn't God

My apologies, but I’m not entirely sure what this means, or how it applies to anything I’ve said.

That's alright, file it under "miscellaneous musings beyond measure".

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/12/2022 at 7:55 AM, Open7 said:

If God is omnipresent, would it be fair to say that God is with us as individuals, in our past, present and future at all times? So in a sense, he is with me right now 5 years ago, with me this moment now, and with me just now 5 years in the future?

as in present everywhere at the same time? yes. space is not over God, God is over space as well as time, and as well as matter, and as well as energy.

consider; if God can hear and answer prayer, and commune with His people on both sides of the earth at the same time then He is omnipresent at His discretion. as in His Spirit over the face of the waters. its a matter of revelation in such cases again at His discretion.

Edited by DPMartin

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 10/21/2022 at 2:58 AM, JohnD said:

What helped me get my head around the concept of not only one but three coexistent eternal omnipresent individuals of Spirit are the three spatial dimensions which exist everywhere at the same time from the largest universal scale to the smallest quantum scale... in fact, the absence of any one of the three spatial dimensions makes the existence of the other two impossible. ← I do not know if that has any application to or bearing on God... but it is thought provoking.

What also boggles my mind is how God in his omniscience (all-knowingness) knew / knows / will know all along all the details of everything at every point in time and eternity plus all the variables from giving choice to men and angels.

This All Powerful God will have no problem discerning who would and who would not choose to believe in His Son had they survived to make that decision (I am thinking specifically of aborted babies) or anyone who dies before they get that chance. So not all babies go to heaven but the ones who would have chosen to believe in Christ Jesus God foreknew and saves.

Hmm the aborted babies some saved some not, a choice given but unable to apply it seems a bit odd. Because why would God see the choice of a baby who never was born, the baby had no future to choice outside the womb. I don't think there's anything to see of the aborted babies futures because the physical baby never made it out the womb.

Edited by BeyondET

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I look at it similar to starting many instances of the same movie all at different places, but somehow being aware of where each one is at all times. This is what we imagine. In reality it's only one instance of the movie with the same capabilities, with the pliability to change the scenes in real time in it as desired by the operator.

If we examine the narrative around Sodom and Gomorrah, we see that God in so many words wants to go down to check out what has been reported to Him about sin in those cities. On the surface it would appear that God has to go check something out, but if He is omnipresent why would He need to do that? In reality God has a process that involved other parts of Him, since in that narrative he was AWARE or HAD HEARD of the sins in those two cities. In a similar way, when Cane killed Abel , the Lord said his blood cries out to Him. He was aware Abel had been killed. So I see God's omnipresence as total awareness. How that all takes place I can't exactly say, other than to attempt explaining it by saying He has multiple parts of Himself. If we were talking about humans this would be a multiple personality disorder. Since we are talking about a being whose complexity is unable to be known, the multiple parts of Him  are normal and make Him what He is.

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Hmm the aborted babies some saved some not, a choice given but unable to apply it seems a bit odd. Because why would God see the choice of a baby who never was born, the baby had no future to choice outside the womb. I don't think there's anything to see of the aborted babies futures because the physical baby never made it out the womb.

God's omniscient mind knows all things including all the variables (given human choice / interference).

The past is gone. The future has yet to happen. Doesn't mean the past didn't happen or the  future won't happen.

If you aborted your baby (only as an example), God knows if that baby would have believed in Jesus or not had the baby had the chance to.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

God's omniscient mind knows all things including all the variables (given human choice / interference).

The past is gone. The future has yet to happen. Doesn't mean the past didn't happen or the  future won't happen.

If you aborted your baby (only as an example), God knows if that baby would have believed in Jesus or not had the baby had the chance to.

The key is if, God wouldn't condemn babies on a hypothetical scenario if they had the chance to choose, be born.

Edited by BeyondET
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

-Genesis 2:7

If God breathed life into the 1st people.

Some portion of the divinity is always with us, everywhere that people are found.