IGNORED

Why do so many NDEs appear to confirm reincarnation. What do you all think??

Amigo42

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 hours ago, NCAP said:

I'm kind of with you on this one. Many Christians, and there are some here at this board, believe in "life after death", in which the soul departs the body and continues to live and exist apart from the body. They are professing that some part of man survives the death of the body.

But what did God mean by the following?

Moses my servant is dead. (Joshua 1:2)

@NCAP Please Note:

Luk 20:37-38  But that the dead are raised, even Moses showed at the bush, when he called the Lord ‘The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’  (38)  Now he is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for all are alive to him.”

The context of Joshua 1:2 points to the physical death of Moses as being the subject of the statement, as detailed for us in the previous chapter. All through the Bible there is a distinction between physical and spiritual death.

Deu 34:5-7  So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.  (6)  And He buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth Peor; but no one knows his grave to this day.  (7)  Moses was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished.

Mat 10:28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

1Co 15:42-49  So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.  (43)  It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.  (44)  It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.  (45)  And so it is written, "THE FIRST MAN ADAM BECAME A LIVING BEING." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.  (46)  However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.  (47)  The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.  (48)  As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.  (49)  And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

Blessings from Michael37.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Buddha didnt have any idea about the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hello Amigo42,

Please insert the music for X-Files as you read this.  😊

That's as good of an explanation as any, I suppose. There is definitely a veil between the spiritual and physical world. For the time being, we are limited to the physical side; nature's physics does not limit the spiritual side.

It was two very brief and unexplainable experiences I filed in my brain as this is not normal. I do not think or dwell on them very much, and I had not thought about them until reading this thread.

One thought popped into my head, though. Things were lost after the fall of man; what gifts did Adam & Eve possess before the fall? Eve could communicate with the spiritual realm and animals. Is having a conversation with an animal or spiritual being prevalent throughout history, save the donkey, of course?

I thought about something in terms of DNA being passed down, masked or broken. As I said, it was extraordinary, and I can see no purpose for such an event or why it happened.

It's my belief that like Jesus probably all souls already preexisted in heaven prior to incarnation on this planet.  It's my understanding that only a portion of our conscious energy is brought to the planet while the rest stays in heaven.  People who have mind altering events like NDEs leave their bodies and connect with the rest of their soul, and they suddenly have an awareness and understanding of all things.  When they return to their bodies, the other part of the soul that was all-knowing is removed hence why so many claim they had all this knowledge that was removed when they came back to their bodies.  Some people claim that hypnotism can also allow people to connect with the other part of their soul temporarily.  I have to admit.  I'm very skeptical of hypnotism.  I don't believe it yields true results.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

6 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

It's my belief that like Jesus probably all souls already preexisted in heaven prior to incarnation on this planet.  It's my understanding that only a portion of our conscious energy is brought to the planet while the rest stays in heaven.  People who have mind altering events like NDEs leave their bodies and connect with the rest of their soul, and they suddenly have an awareness and understanding of all things.  When they return to their bodies, the other part of the soul that was all-knowing is removed hence why so many claim they had all this knowledge that was removed when they came back to their bodies.  Some people claim that hypnotism can also allow people to connect with the other part of their soul temporarily.  I have to admit.  I'm very skeptical of hypnotism.  I don't believe it yields true results.

Mormonism supports the pre-existence of souls, but as for denominations that don't see this quote from Wkpd,

Pre-existence - Wikipedia

Those who reject pre-existence, which would be every Christian denomination that accepts the conclusions of the Second Council of Constantinople (i.e., all Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians and many Protestants), simply see Jeremiah 1:5 as another passage about God's foreknowledge. This ecumenical Council explicitly stated "If anyone asserts the fabulous pre-existence of souls, and shall assert the monstrous restoration which follows from it: let him be anathema."[10]

Gen 2:7  And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

• Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 10/15/2022 at 4:22 PM, ayin jade said:

The bible speaks against reincarnation.

I do not see the word reincarnation in the Bible. 

28 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

It's my understanding that only a portion of our conscious energy is brought to the planet while the rest stays in heaven. 

Everything in this universe is connected, in real time. When people die and go to heaven, we may be separated from them, but we still feel a connection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

I have no idea, but that is an interesting thought. The Lord makes no mistakes, and knew us before we were in the womb. Everything has a reason, plan and purpose.

I have wondered why I was placed here in this particular nation; in the time I was placed here. It has to be for a reason and purpose I would assume. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

There's no scriptural support for the pre-existence of man, but there is ample support for the foreknowledge of God. Indeed, the Lord knew us before we were born. The testimony of scripture affirms this time and again. 

I understand how some might extrapolate this to mean that we stood before God before we were formed in the womb, but this is nothing more than the fruit of human imagination. 

In my opinion, time is the issue involved here. It pleased the Lord to subject man and the cosmos He created to time, hence there is an appointed time for every matter under heaven. Only the Son of Man descended from heaven whom, in the fulness of time, was born to a woman under the Law. The Son of Man is indeed the Son of God who has always been in the bosom of the Father. Jesus Christ, the Son of Man, explains the Father to us. 

There was an appointed time for the coming of the Son of Man. 

Just the same, time and the passage of time is meaningless to the Almighty upon His throne. Heaven is His throne, and the earth is His footstool. This is why the apostle Peter writes that to God, a thousand years is but a day (and a day is like a thousand years). 

Reincarnation is not supported by the scriptural record. 

Edited by Marathoner
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2022 at 4:08 PM, Amigo42 said:

What do you all think?

I think that there is scientific evidence that supports that memory is inherited. If people have "memories" from a previous life, they must have inherited it from an ancestor. There are many people today who claim they can still feel the abuse and the trauma suffered by their ancestors. They say they can feel it in their blood. So the aggression they act out is said to be unresolved trauma experience by a previous generation. 

I had a dream about my daughter in Heaven and in the dream I found out that she had been visited by 30 or 40 relatives since she had been there. Maybe more 50 or 60. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

2 hours ago, Marathoner said:

There's no scriptural support for the pre-existence of man, but there is ample support for the foreknowledge of God. Indeed, the Lord knew us before we were born. The testimony of scripture affirms this time and again. 

I understand how some might extrapolate this to mean that we stood before God before we were formed in the womb, but this is nothing more than the fruit of human imagination. 

I'll say this that there are a great number of mysteries that we will not know till we leave this world.  I think that's part of the challenge.  If we knew it all, then there'd be no challenge or way to learn.  All answers are not provided in the Bible on every topic.  I love the Bible, but some mysteries are not all reveal there.  Some things God will show us when we leave this world.  

• Well Said! 1