Space_Karen

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

A recently published star wars novel (Padawan) portrays Obiwan Kenobi as experiencing gay & bisexual urges in his youth.

I think its silly to try to influence people and reshape society in this way. When people are told to eat their vegetables, take their vitamins and look both ways before crossing the street. In can encourage rebellion and a polar opposite trend. Its the origins story for reverse psychology.

Repeatedly bludgeoning people over the head with a hammer that has the letters LGBT enscribed on it. Might only foster the polar opposite trend.

I visited the politics thread on a star wars forum and asked jokingly: "were democrats responsible for making Obiwan Kenobi gay". You can't revise peoples childhood heroes as gay martyrs and not expect them to ask about it, seeming like a good stance at the time.

I don't think its a big secret that the democrat platform is the largest supporter of pro LGBT agenda in hollywood and the country.

For that remark, they banned me for hate speech. 

What takeaways or lessons can I learn from this? 

While I definitely would not be taken in by their efforts to groom me into pro LGBT narratives.

Is it possible that children could be vulnerable or influenced by them.

Or will children end up rebelling against it as it becomes too obvious and authoritarian?

Edited by Space_Karen
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/15/2022 at 5:30 PM, Space_Karen said:

Historically, the left has always been about censoring opposing views.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/15/2022 at 5:30 PM, Space_Karen said:

A recently published star wars novel (Padawan) portrays Obiwan Kenobi as experiencing gay & bisexual urges in his youth.

I think its silly to try to influence people and reshape society in this way. When people are told to eat their vegetables, take their vitamins and look both ways before crossing the street. In can encourage rebellion and a polar opposite trend. Its the origins story for reverse psychology.

Repeatedly bludgeoning people over the head with a hammer that has the letters LGBT enscribed on it. Might only foster the polar opposite trend.

I visited the politics thread on a star wars forum and asked jokingly: "were democrats responsible for making Obiwan Kenobi gay". You can't revise peoples childhood heroes as gay martyrs and not expect them to ask about it, seeming like a good stance at the time.

I don't think its a big secret that the democrat platform is the largest supporter of pro LGBT agenda in hollywood and the country.

What takeaways or lessons can I learn from this? 

While I definitely would not be taken in by their efforts to groom me into pro LGBT narratives.

Is it possible that children could be vulnerable or influenced by them.

Or will children end up rebelling against it as it becomes too obvious and authoritarian?

Disney has been pro-gay for years. This situation is not surprising to me. I was banned one year from a Christian forum for refusing to apologize to a moderator when I questioned his objectivity. Sometimes there's a cost for standing up for truth and Judeo/Christian morality.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.04
  • Days Won:  8

On 11/10/2022 at 10:19 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Disney has been pro-gay for years. This situation is not surprising to me. I was banned one year from a Christian forum for refusing to apologize to a moderator when I questioned his objectivity. Sometimes there's a cost for standing up for truth and Judeo/Christian morality.

I think many fans of Star Wars believe the fictional Jedi and Sith have just as good a religion as real world religions (the force powered by Midi-Chlorians).  I suspect some fans think it is real.  

Anakin Skywalker (the kid to become Darth Vader) had no father, like Jesus, and was believed to fulfill a prophecy, a bit like Jesus.   I guess that would make Shmi (Anakin's mother), a bit like Mary in the Bible?

Disney is woke, and I believe follows Lucifarianism, so what do you expect when they try to normalize sin?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Sparks said:

I think many fans of Star Wars believe the fictional Jedi and Sith have just as good a religion as real world religions (the force powered by Midi-Chlorians).  I suspect some fans think it is real.  

Anakin Skywalker (the kid to become Darth Vader) had no father, like Jesus, and was believed to fulfill a prophecy, a bit like Jesus.   I guess that would make Shmi (Anakin's mother), a bit like Mary in the Bible?

Disney is woke, and I believe follows Lucifarianism, so what do you expect when they try to normalize sin?

Anytime we expect the fictional world to align with the Judeo/Christian world we are bound to be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Karen

Ridiculous,whatever happened to freedom of speech,right?

The internet gives the spirit of the air dominion, rulers of darkness,principalities etc ...it's the main source of information & news for our young vulnerable minds- if they " Google" it,it must be true.People seem to thing this is the age of increased knowledge,I think that's the funniest thing I ever heard!!!

Unfortunately our youths know nothing about History,our Constitution,Democracy & least of all God's Word - their priorities are to live as they please and for everyone to accept it-meanwhile they don't realize what they are fighting for is counterproductive

Banned for speaking your mind? A sound mind cannot reason with insanity- the world's gone mad Karen😒

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Forums are not subject to free speech. Free speech means the govt cant stifle your speech. It does not refer to private businesses or privately owned websites. House rules. If that forum wished to silence you, it can.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.88

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Ridiculous,whatever happened to freedom of speech,right?

I think the concept of "freedom of speech" is very rare in the world.  I'm not sure that another nation has a "first amendment".  I know that people in Canada, Britain, Greece, German, etc., have been criminally prosecuted simply for expressing an unpopular opinion.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93

2 hours ago, Not of the World said:

I think the concept of "freedom of speech" is very rare in the world.  I'm not sure that another nation has a "first amendment".  I know that people in Canada, Britain, Greece, German, etc., have been criminally prosecuted simply for expressing an unpopular opinion.  

I won't speak for other countries but Canada enjoys similar freedom of speech and expression as the US. We do have hate speech laws in place that likely do limit speech more than in the US.

I was really raked over the coals on another Christian website when I questioned some of the teachings of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Being a former Roman Catholic I thought I could speak a bit more freely, but such was not the case. Eastern Orthodox has a strong, intolerant union. I wasn't banned, but I was targeted wherever I wrote so I became frustrated and left.

• Thumbs Up 1