• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, other one said:

Mathematics also gives us "M" string physics and black holes could just as easily be portals to upper dimensions where math gets a little squirrely also.

I agree. But I know that anything consumed by a black hole is reduced to individual molecules.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Eman_3 said:

I agree. But I know that anything consumed by a black hole is reduced to individual molecules.

like the transporter on startrack ships?

19 minutes ago, other one said:

like the transporter on startrack ships?

More like stretched out continuously with great force. Gravity diminishes over distance. Even on Earth, the force of gravity is less on your head than feet. Amplify that difference near a black hole where gravity is unimaginable and it can literally stretch anything apart. The term used is "Spaghettification".

33 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

More like stretched out continuously with great force. Gravity diminishes over distance. Even on Earth, the force of gravity is less on your head than feet. Amplify that difference near a black hole where gravity is unimaginable and it can literally stretch anything apart. The term used is "Spaghettification".

All a theory by some Mathematician

4 hours ago, other one said:

All a theory by some Mathematician

No, a lot of theories have been tested and the results confirmed such theories.

Do you disagree that gravity diminishes over distance and the gravity is lower in your head than feet?

57 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

No, a lot of theories have been tested and the results confirmed such theories.

Do you disagree that gravity diminishes over distance and the gravity is lower in your head than feet?

I would just say you can't really put the two together except for some guy's ideas. And I really don't see it as something worth arguing about.

3 hours ago, other one said:

I would just say you can't really put the two together except for some guy's ideas.

Someone has an idea, and the next step is to prove it to others. Ideas will not be accepted until sufficient proof is offered. Additionally the one with the idea must lay out their train of though and the experiments required to offer proof. If you have the chops and will to invest the effort, you can prove to yourself any scientific theory.

Einstein had a good idea about special relativity, but it was not initially greeted with enthusiasm by the scientific community. Not until Eddington (a Quaker) put it to the test by observation of a solar eclipse.

4 hours ago, other one said:

And I really don't see it as something worth arguing about.

This stuff affects our daily lives. If we did not account for this difference in gravity (and time) the GPS would drift quickly and the military would be blinded and unable to launch precision weapons. Airliners would not know where they are, and when the GPS in your car tells you to turn right in 100 feet, it would be off by six miles. Six miles per day is the GPS drift if not adjusted.

16 minutes ago, Eman_3 said:

Someone has an idea, and the next step is to prove it to others. Ideas will not be accepted until sufficient proof is offered. Additionally the one with the idea must lay out their train of though and the experiments required to offer proof. If you have the chops and will to invest the effort, you can prove to yourself any scientific theory.

Einstein had a good idea about special relativity, but it was not initially greeted with enthusiasm by the scientific community. Not until Eddington (a Quaker) put it to the test by observation of a solar eclipse.

This stuff affects our daily lives. If we did not account for this difference in gravity (and time) the GPS would drift quickly and the military would be blinded and unable to launch precision weapons. Airliners would not know where they are, and when the GPS in your car tells you to turn right in 100 feet, it would be off by six miles. Six miles per day is the GPS drift if not adjusted.

When we get up there to check it out I'll pay attention to it.   Just because gravity works some way here close by does not mean it's the same there.    I might not disagree with you if not for the black hole spitting out a star....   wasn't even shredded from what I read about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

40 minutes ago, other one said:

I might not disagree with you if not for the black hole spitting out a star....   wasn't even shredded from what I read about it.

"This caught us completely by surprise – no one has ever seen anything like this before," said Yvette Cendes, a co-author of the study and a research associate at the Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian.  Cendes added, "It’s as if this black hole has started abruptly burping out a bunch of material from the star it ate years ago." (from the Fox News article)

It was "shredded", so to speak. It was ejecting matter from the former star - it was not like the star just popped out still burning like normal

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, other one said:

Just because gravity works some way here close by does not mean it's the same there. 

It does. The laws of physics has been proven to be universal and work in the same way everywhere.

That was the genius of Newton. We have all heard of his story about watching an apple fall. But what he deduced was that the laws (of gravity) that made the apple fall also applied to what kept the Moon in it's orbit. Gravity had already been discovered and later measured by Galileo in 1604. Up until then it was accepted that there were laws of physics for the Earth, and distinct and different laws for the space outside of Earth. Newton shattered that concept, others proved him correct.

Those same laws and predictions allowed NASA to safely pilot people to the moon and also predict how matter interacts near a black hole.

The one and only difference between how gravity works on Earth and near a black hole is that the gravity around a black hole is a LOT stronger.