• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Eman_3 said:

It does. The laws of physics has been proven to be universal and work in the same way everywhere.

Prove it.

this is going to be my troll practice thread in case you haven't noticed.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, other one said:

this is going to be my troll practice thread in case you haven't noticed.

This is the outcome when science and evidence conflict with the Bible. I gave examples (Newton, the apple, and the ability to chart a path to the Moon) and you will automatically deny such evidence.

I fully understand that no matter how much valid evidence I propose, you will put your ears to your hands, shout LA LA LA and continue to state "prove it".

https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent/the-universe/the-universe/universality-of-physical-laws

https://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~mmurphy/research/are-natures-laws-really-universal/

Yes, you admitted it, you are trolling.

Just now, Eman_3 said:

This is the outcome when science and evidence conflict with the Bible. I gave examples (Newton, the apple, and the ability to chart a path to the Moon) and you will automatically deny such evidence.

I fully understand that no matter how much valid evidence I propose, you will put your ears to your hands, shout LA LA LA and continue to state "prove it".

https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/permanent/the-universe/the-universe/universality-of-physical-laws

https://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~mmurphy/research/are-natures-laws-really-universal/

Yes, you admitted it, you are trolling.

I'm 75 years old and seen things change over the years, so I'm not really so accepting of laws being set in stone.

4 minutes ago, other one said:

I'm 75 years old and seen things change over the years

Like myself, you probably watched Neil Armstrong take his famous first step on the Moon. It would not have happened if the laws of nature were not universal.

The evidence is all around you, you just need to look up and observe. And be willing to accept the reality that confronts you.

8 minutes ago, other one said:

so I'm not really so accepting of laws being set in stone.

Pick up a stone, hold it at should height, and drop it. Repeat until you get a different result from the first.

Guess what, the results will always be the same.

1 hour ago, Eman_3 said:

Pick up a stone, hold it at should height, and drop it. Repeat until you get a different result from the first.

Guess what, the results will always be the same.

We learn new things as we send things to other planets and ideas change.  I read now and then Voyager one and two are entering into interstellar space and I read that they are changing what we believed about some things even that close.

So when you get out there close to the black hole, you can tell me "that's the way it is"  and until then we can all have our ideas about what they are and what they do.

Same people who tell you about the black holes tell us the earth is billions of years old.  there is a bunch of us that would disagree with that too.

So lets just wait till we get out there and find Paul Harvey's "Rest of the Story."

18 hours ago, other one said:

So lets just wait till we get out there and find Paul Harvey's "Rest of the Story."

Just wait until your Judgement Day when you must explain why you punked an ordained priest.

2 hours ago, Eman_3 said:

Just wait until your Judgement Day when you must explain why you punked an ordained priest.

I can do that if you wish to get personal.....   but I would rather not.    Jesus will understand.   We've already talked about it.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:19 AM, Eman_3 said:

It does. The laws of physics has been proven to be universal and work in the same way everywhere.

That was the genius of Newton. We have all heard of his story about watching an apple fall. But what he deduced was that the laws (of gravity) that made the apple fall also applied to what kept the Moon in it's orbit. Gravity had already been discovered and later measured by Galileo in 1604. Up until then it was accepted that there were laws of physics for the Earth, and distinct and different laws for the space outside of Earth. Newton shattered that concept, others proved him correct.

Those same laws and predictions allowed NASA to safely pilot people to the moon and also predict how matter interacts near a black hole.

The one and only difference between how gravity works on Earth and near a black hole is that the gravity around a black hole is a LOT stronger.

Physics, as we (I) understand it, and folks like Einstein, Hawking, et al, breaks down at the Big Bang. The math doesn't work out unless you add an extra dimension which opens up a whole new can of worms. After the Big Bang, normal Einsteinian physics works out. Newtonian physics is great for us Engineers but it is really a less accurate form of physics. What doesn't work out is the mass of the universe. That's why scientists have added dark matter to the equations.. No one has measured or seen dark matter, to my knowledge. It's what we previously called a fudge factor in physics, mathematics, thermodynamics, et al. There's something called dark energy too. That's the energy I use to grab a Glock and head to the front door when someone pounds on it at 3:00 AM.

Gravity is related to mass, not distance. Gravity on the Lunar surface, or Mars, is different than Earth because of its mass. Your mass is the same on Earth as it is on the Lunar surface. Your felt weight would be different because of gravity. I hope everyone is thoroughly confused now.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace