IGNORED

Do actively drinking alcoholics (drunkards) go to Heaven?

Not of the World

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,117
  • Content Per Day:  9.69
  • Days Won:  149

47 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I have the same thoughts. One of many analogies I can use in our works being burned up:

During the church offering collection, I publicly make known I am putting $500.00 into the offering plate. I didn’t do it for my offering or tithe for the glory and honor of the Lord and the church’s work. I did it for my recognition and glory. I received my just recompense then and there. That work will be wood, hay, and stubble when the time comes.

Because I am covered with the blood of the Lamb, I am saved, but my work (or fruits) will not be stored in heaven or follow me.

What is important in life? Is it what we do or what we don't do that counts for the believer? That is a bit of a trick question, because it's a little or a lot of both.

The OP is more about sin and how it could affect our eternal end result. While I don't think sin keeps the believer out of heaven I see the saved person who sins as totally different from the unsaved person who sins. 

The unsaved person who sins is like a car without brakes or an engine without a governor. In both of those examples the end result is a bad one, the car wrecks and the engine blows up. The end result for a lost sinner without Christ is much much worse than that.

The saved person has a Father who is managing us to grow us into people who are more like Him every day. I don't think any believer WANTS to sin if looking at it like rebellion to God. I have no desire to rebel against God because I know who He is and I know His ways are the best ways, The right ways, yet we DO rebel against Him every time we sin because we go against His will. So a part of us, the fleshly part, is in rebellion to the spiritual saved part. We have this clash going on when we sin. We have internal friction in our souls when we sin that can only be dealt with through repentance and confession acknowledging we have sinned or are in a general sense sinners. We acknowledge that we still have that part of us God hates and we hate when we fully identify it in ourselves. We should never feel at ease to approach a sin we have a weakness for  entertaining the thoughts of doing it. Like the small child looking at the cookie jar, they look both ways and try to forget about what mom said just long enough to get the cookies. In the same way, we knowingly momentarily disregard God for the time it takes to knowingly sin.. Eve was probably thinking, " God won't miss the fruit or know I tasted it". 

But God DOES know and God DOES correct when necessary because the Father corrects all of those He dearly loves. The sooner we acknowledge and repent the less severe it is. If we talk ourselves into something that is habitual and tell ourselves we aren't so bad, we are surely headed for trouble.

Edited by Starise
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I, too, had a decades-long alcohol addiction and wrote about how the Lord miraculously cured my addiction in my testimony. How it is tied into:

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

I'd like to hear your testimony of being set free from drink.  Did you pray to God and he just answered your prayer and set you free?  Were you already saved before that happened?  Apart from drinking, were you living a righteous life in general?  

You see, I am asking because I don't know if God answers prayers like being set free from addictions if we either have unconfessed sin in our lives or are otherwise living unrighteously, or not.  Because I spent many years praying to be set free and my prayers were not answered.  

Also, did you make any personal effort to overcome the drinking by yourself or are you saying God did everything for you?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,506
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I'd like to hear your testimony of being set free from drink.  Did you pray to God and he just answered your prayer and set you free?  Were you already saved before that happened?  Apart from drinking, were you living a righteous life in general?  

You see, I am asking because I don't know if God answers prayers like being set free from addictions if we either have unconfessed sin in our lives or are otherwise living unrighteously, or not.  Because I spent many years praying to be set free and my prayers were not answered.  

Also, did you make any personal effort to overcome the drinking by yourself or are you saying God did everything for you?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

57 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

There are testimonies how the Lord has help some with their alcoholism in a most gracious way and we have to acknowledge that. And then they are testimonies of how he has not do that for others or he has helped others in different ways...

The ill advice is to say to someone give it to the Lord, put it at the feet of the Cross and leave it there...deceiving the people and saying to them do it by faith, believe it and it will happen....

When the fact is that the Lord wants the most of the people in this kind of situations to put up a fight and a struggle and in the process can learn a lot about them selves and their situation so they can learn to foreseen and anticipate and avoid and learn to lead them selves in the better decisions in life...

In all this the Lord is there helping and guiding and I do not want to leave this out, one day we may find one's self without the need to consumed alcohol or desiring the effects of alcohol...we need to experience the battle and the fight to build a resistance in our selves...for many other reasons and we may have to apply this in other areas of our lives...anger is one of them. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  5

“But this is what the Scriptures say about being made right through faith: “Don’t say to yourself, ‘Who will go up into heaven?’”

(This means “Who will go up to heaven to get Christ and bring him down to earth?”) “And don’t say, ‘Who will go down into the world below?’”

(This means “Who will go down to get Christ and bring him up from death?”) This is what the Scripture says: “God’s teaching is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart.”

It is the teaching of faith that we tell people. Yes, the Scriptures say, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disappointed.””
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10‬:‭6‬-‭8‬, ‭11‬ 

• Loved it! 1