The Holy Spirit Is In Us Revelation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all, I need to do a talk soon and I’m going to talk about the Holy Spirit being in us. The angle I want to approach it from is simply that I just want to convey how incredible it is that we have the spirit in us.

But I feel overwhelmed with this truth, that the spirit is in us, and that it’s almost incomprehensible. So I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts, I really want to just make an impact on the truth that God is in believers

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

1 hour ago, Open7 said:

Hi all, I need to do a talk soon and I’m going to talk about the Holy Spirit being in us. The angle I want to approach it from is simply that I just want to convey how incredible it is that we have the spirit in us.

But I feel overwhelmed with this truth, that the spirit is in us, and that it’s almost incomprehensible. So I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts, I really want to just make an impact on the truth that God is in believers

yes it is wonderfull to know it is God in Christ in us.

A talk. as in getting a teaching together do you mean ?.
here is a litle advice i was given.

keep it simple, keep it neat.
keep it short, and keep it sweet.

God will guide you in His work, go with what you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Open7 said:

Plenty to speak on here:

Rom 8:8-11  Those who are in the flesh can’t please God.  (9)  But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if it is so that the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if any man doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ, he is not his.  (10)  If Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the spirit is alive because of righteousness.  (11)  But if the Spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

May God Bless You in Your Ministering. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

10 hours ago, Open7 said:

The angle I want to approach it from is simply that I just want to convey how incredible it is that we have the spirit in us.

Then you will be doing a gospel talk.

Showing that the unsaved wants nothing to do with God and infavts hate him.

That God is perfectly  just in sending sinners to hell.

That God's  love for us his enemies is so vast that it is unbelievable. 

That having saved us he has as promised in the ot put a new heart within us and given us his spirit to be with us, guiding, counselling  and teaching us, if we are listening.

It is incredible  because of that contrast of God  hater to God lover.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

You said "soon."  I hope this is not too late for the talk you mentioned... perhaps you can present this as an addendum if it is not timely.

The Holy Spirit is number one an equal member of the Godhead (with the Father and the Son).

Acts 5:3-4 clearly state that the Holy Spirit is God.

Acts 13:2 conveys that the Holy Spirit is a person (not a force or power or feeling) who is in charge, makes decisions, and commands.

Ephesians 4:30 says that we can grieve the Holy Spirit with our sins and even our thoughts.

So rather than being something like the uplifting feeling of say the sports victories of an alma mater (being up for the game / spirit of the school),

the Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit is just as much God as the Father and Jesus.

Now note the difference in the disposition of the Spirit in the past (prior to the cross of Christ) and since:

John 14:17 (KJV)
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1 Corinthians 3:16 (KJV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The Holy Spirit is the Author and interpreter of scripture:

2 Peter 1:20–21 (KJV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and has the primary mission of revealing Christ Jesus to the world:

John 16:13 (KJV)
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.