IGNORED

We hear a lot about demonic activity but what about the fallen angels?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.85
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

The possessed man with a legion of demons inside of him that Jesus confronted and cast out. How did they know it was not their time yet to be tormented and condemned forever? That's another lengthy topic.

Do you believe that is something that we cannot know in this life?  

Several times in Biblical history, Satan tried to annihilate the Jewish race through genocide, including the satanic-inspired holocaust of WW II.

I've often pondered if Hitler's amazing military successes against France and the Soviet Union were a result of demons/spirits deceiving French, British, and Soviet leaders.  Perhaps they were deceived into committing blunders in order that Hitler could seize control of most of Europe in order to be able to murder millions of Jews.  How about it?

What are they doing? I want to propose the obvious with an explanation; they are trying to delay their eventual judgment and damnation by all ways and means bar none. Not to confuse "demons" with "fallen angels," demons are bodiless wandering spirits searching for a body, thing or place to indwell. Their name means INTELLIGENCE. I see no mention in the Bible of demons, evil, or unclean spirits before Noah's flood. That is a lengthy discussion in and of itself.

Angels (fallen or unfallen) have spiritual bodies and can transform into flesh, whereas demons cannot. Princes and powers of the air denote a spiritual hierarchy and rank. As described in the book of Daniel, ranking fallen angels are assigned to influence and control nations (Persia, Greece, etc.). Demons and fallen angels are not synonymous.

The Archangel Michael did not contend or rebuke Satan over Moses's body because Michael was inferior and subordinate to Satan by rank and power. Michael left the rebuke to the Lord, and God buried Moses's body.

There are some fallen angels, so evil and depraved God had to chain and confine them to gloomy darkness in the Abyss, also under the Euphrates River. To be released upon the earth-dwellers in the Tribulation.

The possessed man with a legion of demons inside of him that Jesus confronted and cast out. How did they know it was not their time yet to be tormented and condemned forever? That's another lengthy topic.

After clarifying my thoughts above, on to the heart of the question, it seems apparent throughout recorded Biblical history that from Genesis 3:15 onward, there will be a "seed war" between God's kingdom and Satan's kingdom.

Satan made several attempts to corrupt the bloodline of the coming Messiah and almost succeeded, saving Noe and the other seven. Perfect in his generation can mean only one thing based on the reason for the flood (Genesis 6:1-4).

Several times in Biblical history, Satan tried to annihilate the Jewish race through genocide, including the satanic-inspired holocaust of WW II. His final attempt will occur at the abomination, which causes desolation at mid-Tribulation—trying to show or prove God a liar.

If the demonic spiritual realm can indefinitely delay the Lord's second coming or stop, disprove, delay, alter, or manipulate just one Biblical prophecy or promise from the Lord, Satan succeeded.

There is a preordained number of those to be saved during the age of Grace, and then the end will come. When that preordained number is achieved and reached, it is game, set, and match for Satan.

Satan and his minions are busy trying to thwart God's intentions and plans for humanity from the beginning. They know their doom is sure; they actively attempt to extend or subvert their eternal destiny.

That is my interpretation of the Biblical narrative, anyway.

Among some others, I consider the peer-reviewed scholar Michael S. Heiser as one of the leading theological experts in our generation. He has written and documented several peer-reviewed books on this subject matter. He has many YouTube videos available for those interested in angelology and powers of darkness.

I really enjoyed your post.  Thank you!

57 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Persia was influenced by demonic forces.  The angel that came to Daniel in chapter 10 said that he was going to have to battle not only the "prince" of Persia but also Greece when he left.

Fascinating stuff for sure.  Thanks for sharing!  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Can angels can manifest themselves as humans? 

I too thought that demons were fallen angels and then I was told that demons are the spirits of the dead Nephilim and that they seek to possess humans because they want or need a body, unlike an angel. 

I certainly have NO IDEA if any of that is accurate but it's certainly interesting!    

Hi Not of the World,

Yes, some people wrongly thought that, however the Hebrew word is `bully and giant.` And we see those in scripture.

As to `demon` that word in scripture is actually `devil. ` meaning destroyer, accuser.

God describes the strategies of Satan as - the great dragon, (devourer) the old Serpent, (deluder) the devil, (destroyer) and Satan, (the deceiver).

These fallen angels, demonic beings of their father the devil, hide behind people`s extreme motions, wrong desires & fallen nature, to incite the person further to listen to the devil`s voice in their life and thus their life spirals out of their control. Addictions of all kinds entrap people and also all kinds of bodily aliments come upon people.

These devils watch a person and see their weakness and thus play on those.

The kingdom rule of Satan - darkness.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Not of the World,

Yes, some people wrongly thought that, however the Hebrew word is `bully and giant.` And we see those in scripture.

As to `demon` that word in scripture is actually `devil. ` meaning destroyer, accuser.

God describes the strategies of Satan as - the great dragon, (devourer) the old Serpent, (deluder) the devil, (destroyer) and Satan, (the deceiver).

These fallen angels, demonic beings of their father the devil, hide behind people`s extreme motions, wrong desires & fallen nature, to incite the person further to listen to the devil`s voice in their life and thus their life spirals out of their control. Addictions of all kinds entrap people and also all kinds of bodily aliments come upon people.

These devils watch a person and see their weakness and thus play on those.

The kingdom rule of Satan - darkness.

Marilyn.

Good morning Marilyn,

It has been a while since we have discussed anything; iron sharpens iron. I am aware of your view on this topic. Many great Biblical scholars and men of God also hold to your argument. Neither side of the debate can definitively prove their exegesis one way or another.

We could debate this until my cyber ink well dries up or my cows come home. I don’t own any cows, so I would not expect them to come running home any time soon; IOW, it would be a lengthy discussion. I have an Olympics size swimming pool of cyber ink at my disposal. The ink that keeps on giving. It would be much more efficient and productive to concede and say, Dennis, I think you are right. We would be going “green,” saving the planet, one black cyber ink bottle at a time.  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

But seriously, setting the Bible aside for a moment. Interestingly, every ancient culture globally had mythologies of demi-gods, Titians, hybrids, giants, chimeras, and half-human and half-animal beings. History is littered with artifacts, drawings, statues, descriptions, and writing about them.

Did some wacko one-night dream all this up, and it spread worldwide to every nation, tongue, and culture? Is there a kernel or more truth behind it? These “myths” were so influential that people worshiped these entities, built altars, and sacrificed their children to appease these false deities.

Was the entire planet insane, delusional, and obsessed? Was this global mass hysteria, or possibly something else?

Ancient literature is bursting with what those people thought and believed, continuing for millennia to this day in the occultic world.

What are your thoughts on this, Marilyn?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

56 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Good morning Marilyn,

It has been a while since we have discussed anything; iron sharpens iron. I am aware of your view on this topic. Many great Biblical scholars and men of God also hold to your argument. Neither side of the debate can definitively prove their exegesis one way or another.

We could debate this until my cyber ink well dries up or my cows come home. I don’t own any cows, so I would not expect them to come running home any time soon; IOW, it would be a lengthy discussion. I have an Olympics size swimming pool of cyber ink at my disposal. The ink that keeps on giving. It would be much more efficient and productive to concede and say, Dennis, I think you are right. We would be going “green,” saving the planet, one black cyber ink bottle at a time.  :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

But seriously, setting the Bible aside for a moment. Interestingly, every ancient culture globally had mythologies of demi-gods, Titians, hybrids, giants, chimeras, and half-human and half-animal beings. History is littered with artifacts, drawings, statues, descriptions, and writing about them.

Did some wacko one-night dream all this up, and it spread worldwide to every nation, tongue, and culture? Is there a kernel or more truth behind it? These “myths” were so influential that people worshiped these entities, built altars, and sacrificed their children to appease these false deities.

Was the entire planet insane, delusional, and obsessed? Was this global mass hysteria, or possibly something else?

Ancient literature is bursting with what those people thought and believed, continuing for millennia to this day in the occultic world.

What are your thoughts on this, Marilyn?

If I may jump in, there is some speculation that uncovered dinosaur bones may have been inspiration for numerous mythical beasts.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Slibhin said:

I have my Tanakh open in front of me and I see nothing about demons in Daniel 10.

Read it again.  The angel speaking to Daniel has been "dispatched" by someone to get to Daniel.  Dispatched by whom?  By God.

But to get to Daniel, he said he had to get through the "prince" of Persia.  How do I know that is demonic forces?

Because the angel said that if Michael had not helped him fight, he would not have made it.

Michael the Archangel, says this angel,  is the "prince" of Daniel's people.  Who is that?  The Jews.

Do you think that Michael the Archangel is fighting people?  Do you think that there is a human being who can fight and resist angels?

I know you don't see the actual word, demon.  And I know that you have hard time with believing what Christians say.  But the word, prince, in this context is in reference to heavenly beings - both fallen angels and faithful angels.

Edited by Jayne

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

Do you think that there is a human being who can fight and resist angels?

Genesis 32:24-25, Jacob wrestling God suggests this is possible.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, teddyv said:

Genesis 32:24-25, Jacob wrestling God suggests this is possible.

In my mind and understanding, God allowed that to happen.

Daniel was terrified of the angel before him.