• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

Just now, missmuffet said:

How much worse can it get? OH BOY just wait. It will make those disasters seem like a walk in the park. 

I have heard that for 30 years now. I am a pre trib. We have dominion and authority. God would have to remove us from the world before something like that could happen. The world is into gradualism and do not understand catastrophic events the way Christians do.  So they would be lost without us to know how to deal with that. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

13 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

I have heard that for 30 years now. I am a pre trib. We have dominion and authority. God would have to remove us from the world before something like that could happen. The world is into gradualism and do not understand catastrophic events the way Christians do.  So they would be lost without us to know how to deal with that. 

God is our refuge and our strength. God is in control we need not be afraid. But you will be in a much better position if you are a true born again Christian. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,231
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

The way missmuffet said it made me laugh "one of these days the earth is going to get it". Yet its written. 

Here's a little info

"How many near-Earth asteroids have been discovered so far?

At the start of 2019, the number of discovered near-Earth asteroids totaled more than 19,000. An average of 30 new discoveries are added each week. The 15,000 milestone, reached on October 13, 2016, marked a 50 percent increase in the number of known near-Earth asteroids since 2013, when discoveries reached 10,000 in August of that year. More than 95 percent of these objects were discovered by NASA-funded surveys (primarily using ground-based telescopes) since 1998, when NASA initially established its Near-Earth Object Observations Program and began tracking and cataloguing them. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory’s Center for NEO Studies provides up-to-date asteroid discovery statistics.

Is it likely that an asteroid will impact Earth in the near future?

While no known asteroid larger than 140 meters in size has a significant chance to hit Earth for the next 100 years, only about 40 percent of those asteroids have been found to date.

How good are we at finding and tracking NEOs?

Since 2015, observers discovered more than 1500 previously unknown NEOs each year (over 2000 in 2017). Roughly half of the known catalogue of NEOs are objects larger than about 460 feet (140 meters) in size. The estimated population of NEOs of this size is about 25,000. Current surveys are finding NEOs of this size at a rate of about 500 per year.

The 460-foot cutoff point was established by a NASA NEO survey science definition team (SDT) in 2003 and reaffirmed in 2017. The SDT determined that impacts from objects of that size would only produce regional effects, while larger objects would have corresponding wider effects such as large sub-global effects from impacts of a 984-foot (300-meter) object and global effects from 0.6 mile (1-kilometer) object impacts.

Ground-based telescopes alone have limitations - for instance, they can only survey the skies at night and in clear skies. Based on statistical population estimates, about two thirds of NEOs larger than 460 feet still remain to be discovered."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,713
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

9 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Somebody somewhere may get clobbered. In this case, California as usual. For the most part these are given as signs: “And I shall give signs in the Heavens and miracles in The Earth, blood, fire and plumes of smoke.” (Acts 2:19) I think the date is very significant as it marks the 2,000 year anniversary of the Church age. 

I don't recall 2000 years after the church age as being significant anywhere in scripture. Just saying.

2 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

I don't recall 2000 years after the church age as being significant anywhere in scripture. Just saying.

Moses in Psalms clearly tells us that a day is 1,000 years. The Bible is filled with a huge amount of references to the seventh day being a day of rest. This is referred to as the 1000 year reign of Christ or the Kingdom age. We are currently in the Church age. So we go 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, 2,000 years to  Christ and then 2000 years of the church age starting on the day of Pentecost in the year 29 AD. 

Psalm 90:4 A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

There are also references to a third day: John 2:1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana

Revelation 19:8 7Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him the glory. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready.

There are books written about the third day and even a musical group called the third day. 

Genesis 22:4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance.

Exodus 19:11, ut
And be ready against the third day: for the third day the LORD will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai…

Acts 1:11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Exodus 34:21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

Genesis 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

There was a lot of people expecting something to happen in the year 2000 or 1996 but that was the birth of Jesus and not the beginning of the Church and the Church age that we read about in the Book of Acts written by Luke. 

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,713
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

13 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

Moses in Psalms clearly tells us that a day is 1,000 years. The Bible is filled with a huge amount of references to the seventh day being a day of rest. This is referred to as the 1000 year reign of Christ or the Kingdom age. We are currently in the Church age. So we go 2000 years from Adam to Abraham, 2,000 years to  Christ and then 2000 years of the church age starting on the day of Pentecost in the year 29 AD. 

Psalm 90:4 A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

There are also references to a third day: John 2:1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana

Revelation 19:8 7Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him the glory. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready.

There are books written about the third day and even a musical group called the third day. 

Genesis 22:4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance.

Exodus 19:11, ut
And be ready against the third day: for the third day the LORD will come down in the sight of all the people upon mount Sinai…

Acts 1:11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”

Exodus 34:21 “Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.

Genesis 2:3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

There was a lot of people expecting something to happen in the year 2000 or 1996 but that was the birth of Jesus and not the beginning of the Church and the Church age that we read about in the Book of Acts written by Luke. 

Lol I stopped reading at a day is a thousand years... because if your going to take that passage out of context there's no way you will get the rest right. 

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Lol I stopped reading at a day is a thousand years... because if your going to take that passage out of context there's no way you will get the rest right. 

You asked for the scriptures and I gave them to you. First the Bible is literal, and then the Bible is symbolic. What you do with the information I give you is totally up to you. 

What difference does it make anyway? Show me where the Bible says we are in an age of Grace or a Church age, as most people believe. 

[A "dispensation" can also refer to a special period of time (management). But this is a secondary (not primary) meaning of 3622 (oikonomía).]

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

The literal meaning is not a church age, Paul was appointed to administer Grace. Yet the KJV uses the word dispensation, not administration. 

I admit that I am a dispensationist, and If you want to use the term Church Age then you are using dispensational terms that are symbolic and not literal. 

Edited by JohnR7

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

How much worse can it get? OH BOY just wait. It will make those disasters seem like a walk in the park. 

I assume you mean a bigger scale. But it could not be any worse for the people who lived in the cities that were destroyed. I had a dream about the bottomless pit once. Years later I found out that the Bottomless Pit is a volcano. It was dormant in my dream, but the Bible very much talks about active volcanos and stars falling from the sky. 

Revelation 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,319
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

asteriods? i havent played that game in years

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Well, folks, there is not much doubt in my mind that the biblical "Wormwood" is an asteroid. If so, it has been on a trajectory to impact earth as prophesized. If one believes that the Tribulation is just around the corner as I do. Then 1/3 of the earth's bitter waters is close at hand also.

There is so much about this asteroid APOPHIS that is interesting. I cannot post a link, but the Prophecy Watchers website has a fascinating video about this asteroid. The naming and Greek meaning of this space rock are also interesting.

Luke 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

The above verse implies to me and to paraphrase. Advanced notice of something seen coming from the 2nd heaven our way. People will be in desperate panic and worried to death. Wormwood or Apophis will not be a global extinction event, but it will drastically affect our planet.

By 2025 no one will be able to hide whether it will impact the earth or not, and it will be visible to the naked eye. Taking into consideration fake news, all the lies our government (and other countries) has done continually. Would it be in anyone's best interest to reveal the truth if it was going to impact the earth? What would be the global result of such an announcement?

These are my thoughts as I wear a fortified impenetrable helmet of heavy-duty triple-layered Reynold's Wrap aluminum foil inside my steel pot helmet. I am my own Faraday cage personified.

Sincerely,

Dennis, the conspiracy theorist extraordinaire.