• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

It seems that what Jesus said to his disciples in Mathew 10: 5-6 is taken way out of context...

Mathew 10:5-6 should be considered with the following context as this event happened before the Cross of Jesus and for that matter before the day of Penticost.

In the day of Penticost which is after the death and resurrection of Jesus, the disciples preached forgiveness of sins in Jesus Christ name.

They preached Jesus as the Christ of God, they preached Jesus as the Son of God whom God had raised from the dead and has made him Lord...as the Messiah from God. (Judas was not included among the other disciples, because he had died about 50 days before the Day of Penticost. 

In Mathew 10:5-6 Jesus is sending his twelve disciples and Judas was among them. 

And this is what Jesus told them. He said to them (at that time before the Cross that his ministry is within a restricted window and this is understood when Jesus said to them to go to the Lost sheep of Israel and at that specific time he restricted them to remained within the boundaries of Judea and not to go to Gentiles or the Samaritans..and suggestively not to enter the Synagogues. 

Jesus told them to go to the lost children of Israel within the tribe of Judah.

Jerusalem was in Benjamin's tribe. 

And this is what Jesus had asked them to do: to heal the sick and cast out the evil spirit and he gave them authority to heal all manes of disease and to say that the Kingdom of God is near...is been been announced with the miracles from God to them.

At that time the disciples did not have the testimony that Jesus died from the forgiveness of our sins...they did not preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ to no one, they only healed the people and said the kingdom of Heaven is very near.

Mathew 10:22

You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

So when exactly are you saying was the end? You said this had to be before Christ died, so I'm assuming your saying the end came sometime before Christ died, is that what your saying? 

You see, I've always felt the time of the end is here in this verse, when the disciples of Christ are deliverd. 

Dan 12:1

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

But it appears your saying the end was sometime before christ died but I'm not sure what day your saying the end was. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/5/2022 at 10:48 AM, Shilohsfoal said:

You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

So when exactly are you saying was the end? You said this had to be before Christ died, so I'm assuming your saying the end came sometime before Christ died, is that what your saying? 

You see, I've always felt the time of the end is here in this verse, when the disciples of Christ are deliverd. 

Dan 12:1

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

But it appears your saying the end was sometime before christ died but I'm not sure what day your saying the end was. 

You have to acknowledge that what happened in Mathew 10:1:21 it happens without any incident...

The twelve went out to the villages of Judea...

They did not have the testimony of Jesus at that time, they did not even believe that Jesus will die for the sins of the world, and that Jesus will sent them to preached the Gospel to the Samaritans and to the Gentiles...

At that time Jesus told them that he has come for the lost sheep of Israel...not for the righteous sheep of Israel and not for the Gentiles and or the Samaritans. 

Jesus told them where to go and find the lost sheep of Israel...in the villages of Judea...that's not the only place but he sent his disciples to the lost sheep of Israel in the Judea villages..

Jesus did not sent his disciples at that time in Jerusalem or Samaritan, or in any Gentile Nation...which it happened later on after the day of Penticost...

And their mission was to heal the sick and tell the people that the Kingdom of Heaven has come to them..or is at hand...sick people who were in disobedient to the Law are being healed instant of being punished...

This the situation before the Cross....even Jesus did not go to Samaritans with the intent to healed them...He went there he talked to them, he told them about himself...but he did not healed anyone at that time...Philip was the first one to heal the Samaritans when he went there with the testimony of Jesus Christ..After the Cross.  

I am not Judging you or your understanding, but I show what the scriptures say without any background interference..without benting the arrow to hid the target.

What Jesus described in verse 22,23 in Mathew nothing of those things happened to the disciples at that time...

But it began to happened to them soon after the day of Penticost when they began to preached the Gospel of Jesus...when they had the testimony of Jesus that he was raised from the dead and had died for the forgiveness of our sins...the testimony of the Son of God.

" and they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and their testimony ".

Jesus warned them of the religious percecutions, that they were knocking at their door and which persecutions started happening to them when they began to preached about Jesus Christ. 

Religious persecution withing the families...divisions in the families because of the testimony of Jesus...

About the Lord's day or the Lord's coming is not what Jesus said and teach...is not what you say and teach...and none of the disciples teach those things because Jesus did not teach them...they are not recorded in the beliefs of the disciples...

I never said about when the end is coming...I do not have that in my mind when I read the scriptures, Jesus said you will not finish going through the villages of Judea and he will come, and they will not be left alone, did he meant to say that he will come in their heart...because that what he had told them earlier that if they abide in him then he and the Father will come and make their abode in them. 

Jesus here is referring to the great commission when he sent the disciples after the day of Penticost to the villages of Judea with the testimony of Jesus Christ and his Gospel and that time he sent them to Samaritans and the Gentiles after the day of Penticost...

In the time before his death when the disciples came back from their mission to the villages of Judea with the message that the Kingdom of Heaven is fast approaching Jesus was there waiting for them and he had not gone anywhere.   

What Jesus said it applies within the great commission that includes the message of the testimony of Jesus and Jesus told them that before the day of Penticost that he will come back to them while they were preaching his testimony in the villages of Judea in Mathew 10:22-23 that what he told them, before they finished their touring of the villages he will come back and the same thing the Angel said to the bystanders at the time of the ascension of Jesus that in their generation Jesus will come back... 

That's what Jesus said that he will come back to them in their Lifetime and while they were still preaching his testimony in the villages of Judea before they were dispatched in the Gentile Nations...

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

. I see the following symbolism:

·         The sun = Jacob.

·         The moon = is probably Bilhah, Jacob’s (Israel) first wife.

The sun and moon might also symbolize humanity becoming a spacefaring race which builds a nation spanning multiple stars.

I wasn't going to go there but this thread keeps going like the energizer bunny so why not give it more fuel.

46 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

You have to acknowledge that what happened in Mathew 10:1:21 it happens without any incident...

The twelve went out to the villages of Judea...

They did not have the testimony of Jesus at that time, they did not even believe that Jesus will die for the sins of the world, and that Jesus will sent them to preached the Gospel to the Samaritans and to the Gentiles...

At that time Jesus told them that he has come for the lost sheep of Israel...not for the righteous sheep of Israel and not for the Gentiles and or the Samaritans. 

Jesus told them where to go and find the lost sheep of Israel...in the villages of Judea...that's not the only place but he sent his disciples to the lost sheep of Israel in the Judea villages..

Jesus did not sent his disciples at that time in Jerusalem or Samaritan, or in any Gentile Nation...which it happened later on after the day of Penticost...

And their mission was to heal the sick and tell the people that the Kingdom of Heaven has come to them..or is at hand...sick people who were in disobedient to the Law are being healed instant of being punished...

This the situation before the Cross....even Jesus did not go to Samaritans with the intent to healed them...He went there he talked to them, he told them about himself...but he did not healed anyone at that time...Philip was the first one to heal the Samaritans when he went there with the testimony of Jesus Christ..After the Cross.  

I am not Judging you or your understanding, but I show what the scriptures say without any background interference..without benting the arrow to hid the target.

What Jesus described in verse 22,23 in Mathew nothing of those things happened to the disciples at that time...

But it began to happened to them soon after the day of Penticost when they began to preached the Gospel of Jesus...when they had the testimony of Jesus that he was raised from the dead and had died for the forgiveness of our sins...the testimony of the Son of God.

" and they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and their testimony ".

Jesus warned them of the religious perceptions that it was knocking in their door which started with them who had the testimony of Jesus Christ. 

Religious persecution withing the families...divisions in the families because of the testimony of Jesus...

About the Lord's day or the Lord's coming is not what Jesus said and teach...is not what you say and teach...and none of the disciples teach those things because Jesus did not teach them...they are not recorded in the beliefs of the disciples...

I never said about when the end is coming...I do not have that in my mind when I read the scriptures, Jesus said you will not finish going through the villages of Judea and he will come...

Jesus here is referring to the great commission when he sent the disciples after the day of Penticost to the villages of Judea with the testimony of Jesus Christ and his Gospel and that time he sent them to Samaritans and the Gentiles after the day of Penticost...

In the time before his death when the disciples came back from their mission to the villages of Judea with the message that the Kingdom of Heaven is fast approaching Jesus was there waiting for them and he had not gone anywhere.   

What Jesus said it applies within the great commission that includes the message of the testimony of Jesus and Jesus told them after they had seen him taken up on the days before the day of Penticost that he will come back to them while they were preaching his testimony in the villages of Judea and before they finished their touring of the villages he will come back and the same thing the Angel said to the bystanders at the time of the ascension of Jesus that in their generation Jesus will come back... 

That's what Jesus said that he will come back to them in their Lifetime and while they were still preaching his testimony in the villages of Judea before they were dispatched in the Gentile Nations...

You completely avoided the question I put forth. 

You claim the end came before Christ was cricified. I'm simply asking what day the end come? 

Mat 10:22

Your the one claiming that everyone hated the disciples because of christ before he was even crucified. 

Im simply asking you when the end came. That's all. Do you know the date you are claiming was the end? 

Rev 2:6

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—

Yes,im very very interested on when you believe the end came. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

You completely avoided the question I put forth. 

You claim the end came before Christ was cricified. I'm simply asking what day the end come? 

Mat 10:22

Your the one claiming that everyone hated the disciples because of christ before he was even crucified. 

Im simply asking you when the end came. That's all. Do you know the date you are claiming was the end? 

Rev 2:6

To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—

Yes,im very very interested on when you believe the end came. 

Thank you. 

This is the second time you made a claim that I did not do..

I never said that in Mathew 10: when Jesus sent his disciples in the villages of Judea to heal the sick and announce the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven.  

This event happened before the Cross...which points that the disciples did not preached the Gospel of Jesus, the testimony that Jesus died on the Cross, and raised from the dead...and he is Lord. 

In Mathew 10: 16-23 Jesus is telling many things to his disciples before he sent them to the villages of Judea...to bring the good news to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near...

Jesus gave them a lot of warnings as to what may happen to them in their mission.. 

From the follow up we learned that the disciples came back and they did not experience anything of the things that Jesus told that will happen to them...

You cannot deny that, only needs a simple reading.  

To expand on the warnings of Jesus to them, which Jesus repeated later on, looking in what happened after the day of Penticost when the disciples were preaching the testimony of Jesus...we can see that everything that Jesus warned his disciples in Mathew 10:16-23 it took place after the day of Penticost...

From those observations we can understand that when Jesus was giving those warnings to his disciples was considering the time when the disciples will preach the Gospel of Jesus after the Penticost day. 

This is the time when at the ascension of Jesus the Angel said that Jesus is  coming back in the same way he was ascended. And that will happen in their time...

In verse 23 of Mathew 10, Jesus said:

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

There is nothing about the end coming or when the end will come in verse 23. 

Why are you quoting Mathew 10:23 and saying things that Jesus said the end will come, when it says 23. 

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes

it says BEFORE THE SON OF MAN CONES. 

My comments are about the text in Mathew 10: and just that, and in that text Jesus said:

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel

before the Son of Man comes

He said you will not finish going through the town's of Israel (here it says " the towns of Israel, earlier Jesus sent them to the villages of Judea, jesus must be referring to what will happen after the day of Penticost...because that is the time he sent the disciples with the testimony of Jesus to the rowns of Israel...

Jesus said the Son of Man will come at that time before finish their mission to the towns of Israel... 

repeating, Jesus did not say anything about the "end coming"  in that text....he only said "before the Son of Man comes.." 

You are reading into my post things about the end, things that I never said or comment about...only said Jesus said " that the Son of Man will come while they will still be preaching the Gospel to the towns of Israel....

Please make a plain reading to my posting...too many things in your head...Jesus said nothing about the end in Mathew 10:23. 

*Mathew 10: 16-23

16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves.(S) Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.(T) 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils(U) and be flogged in the synagogues.(V) 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings(W) as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it.(X) At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father(Y) speaking through you.

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents(Z) and have them put to death.(AA) 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me,(AB) but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.(AC) 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 hours ago, Space_Karen said:

The sun and moon might also symbolize humanity becoming a spacefaring race which builds a nation spanning multiple stars.

I wasn't going to go there but this thread keeps going like the energizer bunny so why not give it more fuel.

I've heard a bunch of theories involving cosmos alignments, Virgo, vegans and everything else. It keeps going, and going, and going, and going... :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,431
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Considering my thoughts above, I'd be interested in yours as to why not? 

Regarding the woman, she is usually thought of as either mother Mary or Israel, with a few saying she is all of God's people. Most, but not all, commentators will say it is Jesus Himself who is being birthed.  The Mary notion is rather easy to dismiss, because Revelation is regarding things "about to take place" and the time of going into the wilderness doesn't line up with Mary fleeing into Egypt (it does line up with 3.5 years tribulation period).

As for the woman being Israel, there may be some apparent merit, but again, the visions given to John are supposed to be concerning future events.  As I said earlier, to me, it may be more accurate to say she represents all God's people (like the New Jerusalem).

As for the male child, we could apply the same reasoning - these things are meant for the a future time, that is, from when John was given the vision.  If the vision of the woman and her child are future, as it seems to suggest with  her being nourished for "1,260 days" (or 3.5 years), then this could not be Jesus (or at least not Jesus Himself - clarification coming).

Many would point to saying this child "will rule the nations with an iron rod" as being Jesus.  However, the Lord tells the overcomers in the letter to Thyatira that they will rule the nations in the same way (Rev 2:27).  Then after Satan is cast out in Rev 12:9, a loud voice says in Rev 12:10, "for the accuser of our brethren is cast down." Then it says about them in verse 11: "And they overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb . . ."

So I'd like to suggest that the male child is those who overcome, who have learned to let Christ (the real Overcomer) in them, fully live through them.  This makes sense if you think about what the Lord's mission was in His first coming - restoring man to his right relationship with God and everything, which He did through His death and resurrection.  After His resurrection He said, "All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Me."  Christ was God in the flesh, but He was also a Man, taking the proper rule and authority away from the devil.  He then gives this back to us, when He came to live in us, right?

Therefore the culmination of man taking his rightful place results in giving the boot to Satan out of heaven, which Michael and his then angels enforced.  As Romans 8:19 says, "For all creation is waiting eagerly the revelation of the sons of God."

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This is the second time you made a claim that I did not do..

I never said that in Mathew 10: when Jesus sent his disciples in the villages of Judea to heal the sick and announce the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven.  

This event happened before the Cross...which points that the disciples did not preached the Gospel of Jesus, the testimony that Jesus died on the Cross, and raised from the dead...and he is Lord. 

In Mathew 10: 16-23 Jesus is telling many things to his disciples before he sent them to the villages of Judea...to bring the good news to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near...

Jesus gave them a lot of warnings as to what may happen to them in their mission.. 

From the follow up we learned that the disciples came back and they did not experience anything of the things that Jesus told that will happen to them...

You cannot deny that, only needs a simple reading.  

To expand on the warnings of Jesus to them, which Jesus repeated later on, looking in what happened after the day of Penticost when the disciples were preaching the testimony of Jesus...we can see that everything that Jesus warned his disciples in Mathew 10:16-23 it took place after the day of Penticost...

From those observations we can understand that when Jesus was giving those warnings to his disciples was considering the time when the disciples will preach the Gospel of Jesus after the Penticost day. 

This is the time when at the ascension of Jesus the Angel said that Jesus is  coming back in the same way he was ascended. And that will happen in their time...

In verse 23 of Mathew 10, Jesus said:

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

There is nothing about the end coming or when the end will come in verse 23. 

Why are you quoting Mathew 10:23 and saying things that Jesus said the end will come, when it says 23. 

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes

it says BEFORE THE SON OF MAN CONES. 

My comments are about the text in Mathew 10: and just that, and in that text Jesus said:

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel

before the Son of Man comes

He said you will not finish going through the town's of Israel (here it says " the towns of Israel, earlier Jesus sent them to the villages of Judea, jesus must be referring to what will happen after the day of Penticost...because that is the time he sent the disciples with the testimony of Jesus to the rowns of Israel...

Jesus said the Son of Man will come at that time before finish their mission to the towns of Israel... 

repeating, Jesus did not say anything about the "end coming"  in that text....he only said "before the Son of Man comes.." 

You are reading into my post things about the end, things that I never said or comment about...only said Jesus said " that the Son of Man will come while they will still be preaching the Gospel to the towns of Israel....

Please make a plain reading to my posting...too many things in your head...Jesus said nothing about the end in Mathew 10:23. 

*Mathew 10: 16-23

16 “I am sending you out like sheep among wolves.(S) Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.(T) 17 Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils(U) and be flogged in the synagogues.(V) 18 On my account you will be brought before governors and kings(W) as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it.(X) At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father(Y) speaking through you.

21 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents(Z) and have them put to death.(AA) 22 You will be hated by everyone because of me,(AB) but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.(AC) 23 When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Again, you failed to answer the question concerning the end mentioned in 

You have stated that Mathew 10:22 took place before Christ was crucified. I just quoted the verse for the third time so you might be able to read it once again. 

So I ask again. What day are you saying the end came? When I say the end, I'm talking about the end which Jesus stated that those who stands firm till the end. 

Again I will post the verse again. 

So when exactly are you saying the end came? Can you give us a year the end came so the rest of us will know when it came? 

Please try to focus your attention on this one verse which speaks of the end which you say already took place. 

When was the end? 

If you can't give us a date you say the end came, then how do you expect any of us to believe you when you say Mathew 10:22 is in the past? 

Edited by Shilohsfoal
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shilohsfoal said:

Again, you failed to answer the question concerning the end mentioned in 

You have stated that Mathew 10:22 took place before Christ was crucified. I just quoted the verse for the third time so you might be able to read it once again. 

So I ask again. What day are you saying the end came? When I say the end, I'm talking about the end which Jesus stated that those who stands firm till the end. 

Again I will post the verse again. 

So when exactly are you saying the end came? Can you give us a year the end came so the rest of us will know when it came? 

Please try to focus your attention on this one verse which speaks of the end which you say already took place. 

When was the end? 

If you can't give us a date you say the end came, then how do you expect any of us to believe you when you say Mathew 10:22 is in the past? 

Ok I got what you are asking...

Jesus is telling the disciples that they stand Saved as they are because they believe...and they should continously  believe and must be found in the faith at the time of their death...

Jesus said that because he knew some who believe at first because of persecution they will go back to their mother's non Christian religion. 

It is similar with those who do not believe at first...as they are with the denial they stand condemn, but they can always believe before and any time before their death and die with the faith of Jesus Christ in their heart...then they are saved, they died saved...

The end for Stephen was when he died...He died with the testimony of Jesus..

And so it is for anyone of us we believe in Jesus now and at the time of our death we must still believe...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0

Also, to me it looks like another of re-telling as is notable in Genesis for example, meaning one event is re-stated.

Rev 12:6- And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Rev 12:14- And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

• Well Said! 1