• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

4 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I would not categorize him that way either, I'd even say he is a gifted teacher, even though I would disagree with him one some points. Having a few errors in our peripheral theology, is typical, I would guess 99% of the people in this forum fit that description, and I don't know who the 1% might be. If I did, I would join them.

Agree totally, except that figure should be like 99.995% I think!  And I haven't met another child of God that I didn't agree on some point and thought they were off - shoot, I can't even agree with my own theology a good part of the time!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

Agree totally, except that figure should be like 99.995% I think!  And I haven't met another child of God that I didn't agree on some point and thought they were off - shoot, I can't even agree with my own theology a good part of the time!

LOL--I have found it best to stick with the realities associated with the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension of Christ.

At least in most cases...all doctrine is grounded there. I admit to being rather rigid in that place.

:-)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,879
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

1 hour ago, Not of the World said:

How about a Christian preacher that is in a same-sex marriage and tells everyone that it's ok to live that lifestyle.  Would they be considered a "false teacher"?

This is a good example to differentiate between a false teaching from a false teacher. 

This preacher is saying things in the same line with Paul...Because he has not been accused that he is preaching against the core message of the Gospel that Jesus is the Son of God who died for the forgiveness of the sins of the world...we have the right to see him as a preacher that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for the forgiveness of our sins, and he is preaching that Jesus died for people like him and he accepts the faith of people like him...

This is a truth statement that Jesus Christ accepts the faith of people like him and of anyone who believes in him, in Heaven these buries do not exist. Jesus taught that these attachments do not exist in Heaven...if they exist there will be enmity and quarrels and fights and grudges and hates and un-forgiveness is Heaven. 

Paul said about the samething that people will have another direction in life than what he is preaching but that they are still be saved because they believe in Jesus Christ...when he talked about the man in a relationship with his step mother...

We do not need to follow in their steps, and we should teach our children to be careful of this kinds and other kinds of invitations and stay away from them...

We should proof our children that they should not show prejudice towards them in public but in private it is them and their own beliefs in these kind of matters.

But never say to anyone do not believe in Jesus Christ "never"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,485
  • Content Per Day:  6.15
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

1 hour ago, Alive said:

LOL--I have found it best to stick with the realities associated with the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension of Christ.

At least in most cases...all doctrine is grounded there. I admit to being rather rigid in that place.

:-)

And we should be rigid about the essentials, because that is the gospel and the truth that is able to save!  All else hold loosely and judge lightly. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.83
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Christ...when he talked about the man in a relationship with his step mother...

Didn't Paul call on that church to publicly out the man in order that he might repent and avoid damnation?

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,879
  • Content Per Day:  2.41

13 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Didn't Paul call on that church to publicly out the man in order that he might repent and avoid damnation?

Bellow is the relevant scriptures found in I Corinthians 5:1-5 in the KJV. 

The background context is deferent than the context in the example in the Corinthian church. 

I do not get involved in this kind of discussion but this is the example you have put forwards...in the discussion about false teachers....

In your example the Pastor is not evangelical because the evangelical teachings are not tolerate what he does...

That's why to navigate around to this and other similar kinds of behavior and to remain within the teachings of Paul that we are saved by grace through faith and not to include works for or against they claim those who are doing what this brother was doing in the church of Cotinthians, they claim that for him to do that it means that he was not saved...that if he was a truth Christian he will never do that....and they have doctrines around those issues as to refused them membership to the church or to revoke the membership in the church...

And have translated the relevant scripture to show that he is condemned or he stands to be condemned if he does not repent...

Regarding membership in the church or being allowed to continue attendance and or participation in any church activity this is governed by church policy. 

But regarding to whether he is saved or not or that a believers in Jesus can be found in this kind of behavior, if this possible, Paul said that it is...believers can be deceived and be found in behavior not common to Christian example of upright conduct...Paul said that it is common among the Gentile congregations, but not among the Jewish Christian community who has been brought up in a very strict moral environment. 

Paul said that no matter what will follow up with this man, that he will be saved because he did all those things while he was saved.  He was a believer and still he is a believer sccording to his confession he believes in Jesus. Paul accepts him as saved because at the time of his physical death Jesus will judged him as Saved in his name and his sins will not be counted against him. Saved through the righteousness of Jesus because of his faith in him he is also in the righteousness of Jesus.

In his own righteousness he is found in his sins but because of his faith in Jesus he is Saved because of the righteousness of Jesus Christ which rest on him because he believes that Jesus died and that he said his blood for the forgiveness of his sins and that he was made the propritiation for our sins, he was also punished for our sins...by his stripes we were healed...

And he will not be condemn at the day of his judgment of Jesus...

In other words his behavior is condemnable but he is saved because of his faith in Jesus Christ.  

Paul said not only him but others in the church lack discernment of what is allowed and what is not allowed and what is permitted or not, in the Life of a Christian believer, and those believers were from a Gentile background but not all Gentiles were like that, and Paul was upset that this kind of behavior was tolerated and not judged...

I Corinthians 5:1:5 

1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

DOES  A  CHRISTIAN  BELIEVE  IN  MAN  OR  CHRIST  JESUS 

PSALM 60:11   --give us help from trouble for  --vain--  is the help of man--

PROVERBS 8:6  hear for I will speak of excellent things --and the opening of  MY  lips shall be right things--

--8:7--  for  MY  mouth shall speak truth   ---   and wickedness is an abomination to  MY  lips

--8:8--  all the words of  MY  MOUTH  are in righteousness   ---   there is  --nothing--  froward or perverse in them 

--8:9--  THEY  ARE  ALL  PLAIN  TO  HIM  THAT  UNDERSTANDETH  AND  RIGHT  TO  THEM  THAT  FIND  KNOWLEDGE

--8:10--  receive  MY  instruction and not silver  --and knowledge--  rather than choice gold

--8:11--  for wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not compared to it

PROVERBS 2:6  *******for  THE  LORD  giveth wisdom out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding*******

--2:7--  HE  layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly 

PSALM 15:1  LORD  who shall abide in thy tabernacle   who shall dwell in thy holy hill 

--15:2-- he that walketh uprightly and  --worketh righteousness--  and speaketh truth in his heart

1 JOHN 3:10  --IN  THIS  THE  CHILDREN  OF  GOD  ARE  MANIFEST  --and the children of the devil-- whosoever doeth not righteousness   --IS  NOT  OF  GOD-- neither he that loveth not his brother 

1 JOHN 2:9  he that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now 

--2:10-- HE  THAT  LOVETH  HIS  BROTHER -- abideth in the light -- and there is  --none--  occasion of stumbling in him

PSALM 119:130  THE  ENTRANCE  OF  --THY  WORDS--  GIVETH  LIGHT  IT  GIVETH  UNDERSTANDING  UNTO  --THE  SIMPLE--

PSALM 105:1  O  GIVE   --THANKS--   UNTO  THE  LORD  CALL  UPON  HIS  NAME  MAKE  KNOWN  --HIS  DEEDS--  AMONG  THE  PEOPLE

PSALM 33:4  for the word of  THE  LORD  is  right and  --all--  HIS  works are done in truth 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/20/2022 at 5:47 PM, missmuffet said:

Maybe go to a Bible study of a trusted Bible scholar who will teach the true literal Word of God. Be interested in the truth.

download.jpg.7e4f0405bd0a625bb0c4cb5596b322d8.jpg

Sister, the Lord has been gracious to teach me that the bible isn't like a history or geography textbook conveying literal facts, it's a spiritual book written by a God who is spirit, conveying spiritual truth.  Understanding that the "Word made flesh" speaks to us in parables/similitudes/allegories/figures/ensamples is an important key to understanding His word.  And we need the Holy Spirit to help open this truth and all scripture to us...as Jesus said, the Spirit would teach us and lead us into all truth.  Scripture says no one knows the mind of God but His Spirit, just as no-one knows the mind of a man but his spirit within him. We can learn from vessels that the Lord is using for that purpose, but our reliance needs to be on Him, not on vessels (man).  It is the Shepherd's voice we need to be listening for.  The bible instructs and warns us not to trust in man.

Hos 12:10

I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

1Co 10:11

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Mat 13:34-35

All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Rom 5:14

Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Heb 9:9

Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Heb 11:18-19

Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

1Pe 3:20-21

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Gal 4:24

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/20/2022 at 1:36 PM, missmuffet said:

There are a lot of false teachers on Worthy so BEWARE.

409813551_images(2).jpg.fc60c35b283cde29088cff93cc2ad722.jpg

We do need to be wary of false teachers.  But this man's statement here by itself is not true.  We can be led astray by false teachers, true, but false teaching is not the only reason we may be unclear on things or hold to wrong understanding.  For one example, Jesus said the truth has been hid from the wise and learned but revealed to little children, so it can be our own flesh and heart attitude that prevents us from understanding.  Another reason is that understanding is something we grow in....things we didn't understand in the beginning we might have gleaned more light and understanding about years down the road.  Another is that God Himself sometimes veils things in scripture...eg, to hide his strategy from the enemy, eg, where the bible says "if the devil had known, he wouldn't have crucified the Lord of glory."  Etc.

The flesh of man likes everything to be cut and dried, wrapped up and tied with a bow, because that puts us in control,  whereas the bible itself says we only see through a glass darkly.  So we need the LORD at all times and to learn to depend on Him, His Spirit.  He is the one who leads us and navigates us through the pitfalls of this life and opens His word to our understanding, and rescues us if we get lost or stuck in the mud at some points along the way, and that is one reason we will lay our crowns at His feet.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

PUTTING  FORTH  A  BAD  EXAMPLE  ---  FALSE  TEACHING ???

1 CORINTHIANS 11:1  be you followers of me even as I am -- OF  CHRIST --

1 PETER 2:21  for even hereunto were you called because  CHRIST  also suffered for us  --leaving us an example-- THAT  YOU  SHOULD  FOLLOW  --HIS  STEPS-- 

*******1 JOHN 2:6  HE  THAT  SAITH  HE  ABIDETH  IN  HIM  OUGHT  HIMSELF  ALSO  SO  TO  WALK  --- EVEN  AS  HE  WALKED*******

JOHN 12:49  for I have  --not  spoken  of  myself--  but  THE  FATHER  --which sent  ME--  HE  gave  ME  a commandment what I should say --and what I should speak--

--12:50--  and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting  --whatsoever I speak therefore even as   --THE  FATHER--   unto   --ME  SO  I  SPEAK--

PSALM 37:23   --the steps--  of a good man are ordered by  THE  LORD  --and he delighteth in  HIS  way--

PSALM 44:18  --OUR  HEART-- is not turned back --  neither have our  --steps--  declined from thy way

PSALM 119:14   --I have rejoiced in the way of  --THY  TESTIMONIES--  as much as in all riches 

PSALM 119:36  incline my heart unto thy testimonies --and not to covetousness--

PSALM 119:59  I thought  --on my ways--  and turned my feet unto thy testimonies 

EZEKIEL 33:31  and they come unto thee as the people cometh and they sit before thee as my people and they hear thy words   --but they will not do them--  for with their mouth they show much love but their heart  --goeth after their covetousness--

PSALM 10:3  FOR  THE  WICKED  BOASTETH  OF  HIS  HEARTS  DESIRE  AND  BLESSETH  --THE  COVETOUS-- WHOM  THE  LORD  ABHORRETH

PSALM 119:133  order  --MY  STEPS--  in thy word   ---  and let not any  --INIQUITY--  have dominion over me ---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST