IGNORED

Is being "saved" the same as "inheriting God's kingdom"?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Is being "saved" the same as "inheriting God's kingdom"?

Yes

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/30/2022 at 3:01 AM, Not of the World said:

Well, a drunkard can have faith and be "saved" but, according to scripture, cannot "inherit the kingdom of God".  

Correct?

As a believer he Inherits something from Jesus Christ and this is Jesus righteousness imputed to him at the time he first believed. 

Because he is a "drunkard" he is in the what he is and in the alcoholic state he is, his own one which is different than anyone else even thought he maybe stereotype to a subgroup within the main group of drunkards. 

Drunkenness can make someone a good person and it can make someone a brave person and a charitable person...and an aggressive one....we can go on till we cover everything it can make some to confess things he could not face before...alcohol it is also a pain killer, it sedated the person, but it can also makes the person and the people around him miserable if the person is in financial difficulty and then there the problems of the poor drunkards who are different from the wealthy drunkards...

Some drunkards who understands the Gospel can and they do have a ministry to speak about Jesus to the other drunkards...

They understand the core value of the Gospel that our personal situations...can Judge us to damnation in this life and Hell in the after life but our faith in Jesus will saved us because this is how it is so Jesus can be the Lord of all and no one can take from him anyone of those little ones who believe in him...

No one can say and make it an absolute that because someone is a drunkard that he cannot experience the peace of God who surpasses all understanding. 

To the contrary we have people who believe in Jesus and who mantain a reasonable good and charitable Life...but and this is what we are looking to understand if they are believers in Jesus and we are talking about believers in Jesus the can experience the good feelings even the love of the people around them even the love of Jesus for the good they do but when it comes to the matter of what will happens to them they are quite uncertain and they are trying to labour to make it certain or just live it as it is, which comes down they cannot experuence the peace of God in this matter outside their own efforts...

But a drunkard who have come to understand that he can experience the peace of God in this matter and other matters and situations, and he can speak in this way because he believes in this way which is the correct way because it glorifies Jesus..and he is saying " when I die I will be with Jesus and all this will end"...I will be in his arms like the lost sheep, Jesus will come and take me.

I may be one of the lost sheep but not abandoned from Jesus, to him I am always his sheep first and then rest will follow after it has been established that I am his sheep because I have believe in him and have died still believing in him...my drunkenness did not make me deny my faith in him, actually it make my faith stronger trusting only in him in my faith in him that he died for us and that we have forgiveness of sins in him because we believe in him...

And not to depend our forgiveness of sins in our own doings of asking for forgiveness and confessing our sins, Jesus Christ has given us his own imputed righteousness so not to depend on our own works of confession and asking for forgiveness...but on his own imputed righteousness.  Which gives the peace of God in this matter that surpasses all understanding....

And why we still live and go through the consequences of our unruly life and suffer we know that it may be due to what it was coming to us and if it is so, but in all these thinks we can still have the peace of God that surpasses all human understanding and that's why many oppose...knowing all this I have decided to follow Jesus and live my life on the mode of repentance because they are rewards living on the mode of repentance in newest of life and I want to experience life in reaping those rewards and stay in that blessing. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 11/30/2022 at 6:20 PM, Not of the World said:

I can only discern that there is a difference.  Can any of you help me understand?  Thank you.  

Ephesians 2:8-9

English Standard Version

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV 
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Hi Not of the World,

Yes, there is a difference. Salvation is the means, and inheritance is the goal.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Not of the World,

Yes, there is a difference. Salvation is the means, and inheritance is the goal.

Is it possible that we continue to grow in the hereafter and can them receive even greater Heavenly gifts?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Is it possible that we continue to grow in the hereafter and can them receive even greater Heavenly gifts?

We will be like Christ, and our capacity of the mind will be greater. So, yes, we will be learning more of the Lord and His wondrous purposes in the ages to come. As to `heavenly gifts, ` we will all have certain enablements that contribute to the functioning of the community in the glorious realms above.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

The difference between being saved, and inheriting the kingdom of God . . . 

When a person first gets saved, he or she has gotten started with Jesus. And the spiritual kingdom of God is in the person. 

But . . . later . . . there will be the kingdom of God ruling the earth. 

So, "kingdom of God" can mean the spiritual kingdom in us, now that we have trusted in Jesus (Ephesians 1:12). And "kingdom of God" can mean when everything is God's way on the new earth.

But what matters now is how the kingdom of God is > "righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" > in Romans 14:17. This is in us now, if we are children of God. And this will be included in all which will be in the future kingdom of God ruling the new earth.

Edited by com7fy8

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

I think they are different perspectives of the same event.

"Saved" is somewhat backwards looking - in the sense that we are 'saved from' the just consequences of our moral corruption; i.e. 'saved from' the eternal condemnation due our sins.

Whereas "inheriting God's kingdom" is forward looking. We are not just "saved" from hell, but we attain citizenship in God's heavenly kingdom as the result of surrendering the Lordship of our lives to Jesus (our King).

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting! 1

6 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Always.

• Interesting! 1

7 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Beyond your imagination...

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  0

There is not a difference.  Some may play word games too try to create a difference but there really isn't any.  When we are saved,  we receive the inheritance.  A disobedient believer will receive less rewards but the inheritance of the kingdom of God is for all believers.