MrBlobby

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I do thank you for all your words of encouragement. Trying to get me back in the fold, and telling me how Jesus loves me etc. However I cannot go back to something that I no longer believe is there. I do not want to continue to speak negatively about something that is so close to your hearts, so I will leave it like this then. It was never my intention to offend anyone. Thanks for our brief chat, and take care!

MrB

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

It sounds like you got mixed up in some of the WOF bad teaching.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup. God isn't a genie in a bottle that you rub and chant over and then get what you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is WOF?

Witnesses of ........?????????? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Word Of Faith. i.e. Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Rod Parseley, David Curello, TBN, R.W. Shambach, and all their buddies who preach the "Name it and claim it" gospel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So standing in faith is wrong?

I thought it is:

impossible to please God without faith?

-The Holy Bible-

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

It sounds like you got mixed up in some of the WOF bad teaching.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup. God isn't a genie in a bottle that you rub and chant over and then get what you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is WOF?

Witnesses of ........?????????? :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Word Of Faith. i.e. Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Rod Parseley, David Curello, TBN, R.W. Shambach, and all their buddies who preach the "Name it and claim it" gospel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So standing in faith is wrong?

I thought it is:

impossible to please God without faith?

-The Holy Bible-

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  36

Jesus does not need super powers, Jesus has the SuperNatural powers of God. No green latern spiderman hulk or even superman can come close to his awesome power and Glory! Jesus with one word would those boys to shame. I am Born Again, so i have the same Awesome Spirit of Power within me!! Eat your heart out batman and robin! You cant touch this!! Jesus is a Hero, a role model for all people everywhere, a Saviour of Honor and Integrity, the Self Sacrificial Spirit of Truth is within me as well as my Lord. God is my Father and Jesus is my Brother. What a Family i was Born into!! wow!

Edited by igh

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

He's my Hero :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  1

Could you expand your question? are you interested if Jesus is fictional or not, or if what He did was substantially different than a fictional character like Super-man

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do not believe Jesus is God. I am sure there were many men named Jesus living at that time, but I do not believe that the Jesus in the bible is a factual person. I asked my question because fictional heroes tend to have similar attributes. Eg. Heroes tend to be loners who operate outside of society, like Jesus.

MrB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jesus didn't have claws made of adamantium that he could extend and retract from the ends of his fists. He didn't have protoplasmic light that He could fire from His eyes at will. He wasn't a master of marital arts. He couldn't scale walls the the dexterity of a spider, and He couldn't fire webbing from His wrists. Jesus wasn't faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and He couldn't bend steel with His bare hands.

Jesus Christ was in no way, shape, or form comparable to a comic book superhero. He was - and is - the incarnate God. Nothing less.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but ya gotta admit the way he drove those demons out of the man in Gadarenes, and into the swine.....that was pretty cool :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The biggest miracle is how he took a person like me who was full of sin, and is in the process of transforming me so that I can serve Him

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, that's certainly partof his power. I DEFINITELY can attest to the same thing in my life.

But sending demon possessed pigs over a cliff and into the sea is so much more dramatic :noidea:

It certainly makes for better reading

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Content Count:  36

Proverbs 10:8 The wise in heart will receive commandments: but a PRATING FOOL shall fall.

dont talk about Jesus like he's a joke.