• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes you're right. I'm embarrassed how I've responded. Idk what to do  right now. Reading this made me remember the tests and I keep playing into it instead of trusting. Idk how to change.

The Bible says no discipline is pleasant at the time. I don't think every bad thing that comes our way is necessarily a punishment. Some are just consequences or happenstance, but that isn't really pleasant when it doesn't go our way either. I've been practicing/training for a wfh job myself. Emotions run pretty high in it. It's been a solid reminder of the importance of keeping our eyes on the big picture and not caving in to frustration and other moods of the moment. In the Christian case the big picture is eternity.

Something someone else in the field has recommended is keeping an accountability partner (I haven't done this yet), keeping a journal to track successes, failures, and the moods behind them (just started and while it's not as detailed as he recommended I've found it useful for getting a bird's eye look at successes, failures, and identifying weak points), and rewarding yourself a bit for successes and building up good habits. Just don't be too down on yourself for the failures. Easy to be down on yourself over fails, especially if you're already predisposed to that, but at least in the line of work I want to get into some of the bad is inherently weeded out by cultivating the good so encouraging successes is typically more productive in the line of work I'm aiming for. Maybe some of that will be helpful to you.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1 hour ago, AnOrangeCat said:

The Bible says no discipline is pleasant at the time. I don't think every bad thing that comes our way is necessarily a punishment. Some are just consequences or happenstance, but that isn't really pleasant when it doesn't go our way either. I've been practicing/training for a wfh job myself. Emotions run pretty high in it. It's been a solid reminder of the importance of keeping our eyes on the big picture and not caving in to frustration and other moods of the moment. In the Christian case the big picture is eternity.

Something someone else in the field has recommended is keeping an accountability partner (I haven't done this yet), keeping a journal to track successes, failures, and the moods behind them (just started and while it's not as detailed as he recommended I've found it useful for getting a bird's eye look at successes, failures, and identifying weak points), and rewarding yourself a bit for successes and building up good habits. Just don't be too down on yourself for the failures. Easy to be down on yourself over fails, especially if you're already predisposed to that, but at least in the line of work I want to get into some of the bad is inherently weeded out by cultivating the good so encouraging successes is typically more productive in the line of work I'm aiming for. Maybe some of that will be helpful to you.

Yeah I don't get my situation. Either way I'm in school since I don't think I'll be able to work like I need to bc of my credit transferring I'll be able to get an associates in less than a year and even sooner if I do full time but as excited as I am I'm just as down bc I'm afraid of bad stuff happening to stop me like it did last time.  I'm tired of being my family's punching bag and I'm tired of feeling hopeless.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

What do u meab?

If evil can tempt people, what more can it do to keep people down?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes you're right. I'm embarrassed how I've responded. Idk what to do  right now. Reading this made me remember the tests and I keep playing into it instead of trusting. Idk how to change.

You don't need to change - that's His job to change you from within (where He lives).  Your job is to keep talking to Him and giving Him each of these things you're experiencing.  Tell Him that because of the things happening to you, that you don't understand and you think you don't love Him any more.  Be fully transparent with God.  He loves you and wants to hear from you - all the nitty/gritty good, bad & ugly!

And remember this order: 1. Fact  2. Faith  3. Feelings    The fact is He loves you regardless of what your feelings tell you!  Just keep speaking the facts - He loves you, He died for you, He will complete a good work in you.  That is faith.  Focus on facts first, regardless of your feelings, and eventually the feelings should catch up.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,227
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Sorry but know I am praying for you. We forget this still is a fallen world and under a curse. So yeah it does seem sometimes when it rains it pours.. allot. So you do what this flesh does not want to do. You talk to Him tell Him everything exactly (if you have not already). Tell Him what you need. Try to find scripture to go with your need. Then thank Him and praise Him. Because He did hear you and already started the answer before you finished the answer. Maybe we don't know that we also can stop all this with doubt. He said if you doubt your like a  ship tossed back and forth.. let not that man think he will get anything from God.

So when doubt pops up...  don't listen to it. Read His word and always keep your mind on Him and He will keep you in perfect peace. So when you asking or talking remember just WHO HE IS! The great I AM and your Father. Have no doubt that everything you give Him hand over to Him and now are trusting in Him that He will do it and bring it to pass. Just don't look at your watch as in put God on some time clock. KNOW not wonder not guess KNOW what you need He will supply. Think about that. there is doubt. He will supply ever one of your needs because your His. We tend to try to have faith when we never worked our faith. Simple things.. fear worry doubt. Say no God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind. Know Isa 41 10 is for you “fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” I cannot emphasize enough how this is one of my favorite verses about strength!"

If were not praying all the time reading, keeping our mind renewed, praising and thanking Him all the time. It something we must do ever moment every day. The enemy never sleeps. Your not alone He never left you "when the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him."

Ever read Psa 91? Read it also is yours. Praying for you

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

You don't need to change - that's His job to change you from within (where He lives).  Your job is to keep talking to Him and giving Him each of these things you're experiencing.  Tell Him that because of the things happening to you, that you don't understand and you think you don't love Him any more.  Be fully transparent with God.  He loves you and wants to hear from you - all the nitty/gritty good, bad & ugly!

And remember this order: 1. Fact  2. Faith  3. Feelings    The fact is He loves you regardless of what your feelings tell you!  Just keep speaking the facts - He loves you, He died for you, He will complete a good work in you.  That is faith.  Focus on facts first, regardless of your feelings, and eventually the feelings should catch up.

Thank you. This is a really good answer.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

25 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Thank you. This is a really good answer.

Most welcome - glad it was a help!

19 hours ago, Not of the World said:

Please remember that your life is a gift from God.  Your children, whom I presume are everything to you, are gifts from God.  You are blessed in many ways that you probably don't realize.  I can't speak to your specific situation because I have not walked in your shoes but you are not alone in this struggle that we call "life".  This world is evil and cursed and, one day, it will cease to exist.  In the meantime, we are called by our creator to walk the narrow path prescribed by him and to flee from ungodliness.  We all have our cross to bear.  And please also remember that Jesus lived a very modest life, never sinned, never lied, and was tortured and executed at the age of 33 and he did absolutely nothing wrong.  Please remain faithful.  In the end, you will be glorified beyond anything that you can imagine.  

Revelation 21:4 ESV

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

I don't consider my life a blessing honestly.  I really dont know why I wake up each and every day. My friends ( online)  are succeeding and achieving meanwhile I keep getting dead ended. It's just hard. I love my kids but I don't want my life anymore if it's just going to be like this.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

20 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Which in turn just pushes me further away from Him. I find God hard to love bc he's keeping me in a toxic situation which means he approves of how I'm being treated and I have a problem with that. 

God is not the problem, He is the cure. He has never disappointed me. It can take a lot of prayer though. I have times I have had to pray five or six hours before I got my answer from God. Sometimes we have to learn to be patient and wait on Him. 

We cause a lot of our own problems in life. There are a lot of things I wish I could go back and do different. Also we do not understand why God allows things to happen and how He is going to cause good to come out of it. 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

Romans 8:28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose. 

We need to seek to follow God's plan and purpose for us and then He will cause all things to work together for good. No matter what we think of the life we have to live. God is still good. 

Deuteronomy 31 8 “Be strong and courageous ... The LORD Himself goes before you; He will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged.”

Edited by JohnR7

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

It's helpful in my opinion at least to look at my life and compare it to other people in the world. In their country how they live and the opportunities people have and what if my life started somewhere else with quite less than all that where i am today. It usually helps me to say to myself hmm life could be alot worse.