George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,162
  • Content Per Day:  9.57
  • Days Won:  149

I am still adjusting a little bit here to see how things work. I want to help the process, not hinder it.

I think it's good to have additional people watching the forum. Omegaman spent a lot of time doing this. I know many of us have limited time, so spreading it around is helpful.

Just a suggestion if one isn't already in place. Should an issue be run past a few mods before it takes effect? IOW get approval or a consensus between mods?  I can see some possible issue with not having an even objective ageement before an action is taken. I believe this was a smaller circle before. 

I'm only referring to ongoing or questionable issues. Fires that are obviously causing all kinds of immediate problems need to be immediately quenched and there might not be time to consult. I'm referring to those things we see as extreme. Direct violation against the TOS. Even though most read it, I think over time memory if it can lapse.

I  see mods as ministers more than police looking to slap hands at every opportunity. We need both, but too much of one and people we would like to see stay here and absorb the word  will simply leave in anger if we are too heavy handed.

I guess it's difficult to feel we are defending while still being welcoming and willing to minster. You get all kinds on a message board and I would rather err in favor of the person who wants info, wants minstry and wants to change but comes off as obstinate and stubborn who desires to see the truth. They may come around. Those with frequent reports from members though really leave no choice.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,812
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

23 minutes ago, Starise said:

Just a suggestion if one isn't already in place. Should an issue be run past a few mods before it takes effect? IOW get approval or a consensus between mods?  I can see some possible issue with not having an even objective ageement before an action is taken. I believe this was a smaller circle before. 

It is in place exactly as you described.  It's just more cooks in the kitchen now ... sometimes that's not the best way to get things done, we'll see.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, George said:

It is in place exactly as you described.  It's just more cooks in the kitchen now ... sometimes that's not the best way to get things done, we'll see.  :)

I hope it works for you George. It is your board and your decision. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, George said:

I really like to think of it as the Lord's board ... and I'm simply a caretaker.  :)

You are humble. That is what the Lord wants you to be. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  800
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/02/1973

Personally, I think that having that many (fifty) moderators means that the probability is higher that one or more of them will be unbelievers who will sit in judgment over sound doctrine and rejecting it because they don't like it; thus they may punish godly ministers more readily than those who are in violation.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,638
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, heartwashed3 said:

Personally, I think that having that many (fifty) moderators means that the probability is higher that one or more of them will be unbelievers who will sit in judgment over sound doctrine and rejecting it because they don't like it; thus they may punish godly ministers more readily than those who are in violation.

Shalom, heartwashed3.

Surely there is a review of who would be accepted as moderators before given that ability to "sit in judgment." I'm sure that George has made arrangements for trustworthy moderators.

• Thanks 2
  • Interesting! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  800
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/02/1973

7 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, heartwashed3.

Surely there is a review of who would be accepted as moderators before given that ability to "sit in judgment." I'm sure that George has made arrangements for trustworthy moderators.

The more who are accepted, the greater the probability that someone might have slipped through the cracks as an unbeliever.

It appears to me that my thread on Matthew 7:21-23 and Romans 4:15 has been deleted; unless it is taken off online for that it is currently in review.

Do you have any news on this?

Edited by heartwashed3

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,638
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

9 minutes ago, heartwashed3 said:

The more who are accepted, the greater the probability that someone might have slipped through the cracks as an unbeliever.

It appears to me that my thread on Matthew 7:21-23 and Romans 4:15 has been deleted; unless it is taken off online for that it is currently in review.

Do you have any news on this?

Shalom, Peace, to you my brother.

Probability aside, when God is involved, the results are absolute! 

I have no personal involvement on this matter, as I am not a moderator. As I understand it, there is a mechanism that automatically puts a post in hold if it has received 4 or more reports. If there's no problem found with the post, it may be restored, or the moderators will inform you of some other action taken.

To find out more, you'll have to ask a mod.

God bless you in any case.

I should add that they may also choose to modify the post, if the offense was something minor, possibly with a warning following the post.

Edited by Retrobyter
to add another possibility
  • Thumbs Up 1