IGNORED

What do you call a church that BANS people who ask difficult questions?

Not of the World

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

This site has rules that everyone agreed to when signing up. Even if you didn't read them.

It is not cowardice to enforce rules and ban troublemakers.

I have not disputed any of that.  

Sometimes people ask questions that might be called "rhetorical" while another might call it "trolling".  It's subjective.  Most people go with the latter when they dislike the question or statement and then want the offender banned into oblivion.  It's not what I would call "Christlike".  

1 hour ago, Mama Etna said:

Sadly that site banned people for expressing mainstream ideas.  I was kicked off over something ridiculous.  One of the admins was a member elsewhere where he got caught spamming.  The owner of the site kicked him off.  I was banned because I was a member of that site and didn't advocate for him.

I have quit forums and have been banned from forums for the simple reason that the vast majority of people cannot tolerate reading or hearing an idea that doesn't goose-step to their own worldviews.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,316
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

Plenty of blame going around. When one is a guest in the house of another, it's good to abide by the rules that house. If not, then one can reasonably expect to be cast out of that house by the owner. 

Pointing fingers at others distracts from the teaching of the Lord to examine ourselves first: tend to the log in our own eye before pointing at the mote in our brother's eye. If something is done to us and it isn't warranted, brush the dust off of our feet and move along without complaint. Complaining accomplishes nothing worthwhile. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

1 minute ago, Marathoner said:

Plenty of blame going around. When one is a guest in the house of another, it's good to abide by the rules that house. If not, then one can reasonably expect to be cast out of that house by the owner. 

Pointing fingers at others distracts from the teaching of the Lord to examine ourselves first: tend to the log in our own eye before pointing at the mote in our brother's eye. If something is done to us and it isn't warranted, brush the dust off of our feet and move along without complaint. Complaining accomplishes nothing worthwhile. :)

I don't disagree with you and I apologize if I sounded like I was "complaining".  I actually thought it was funny that they were so shaken by a simple question that they banned me.  And I do agree that it's reasonable to be expected to abide by the rules but, like I said, the end-around is to say that someone is "trolling" which then justifies banning them.  I think it's weak and cowardly but that's the nature of the world.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Facebook is not a discussion forum, but a site where you create groups, make new friends, and the like ... all centered around what you like and agree with.  A discussion forum is where ideas are discussed that may not go along with our own.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.66
  • Days Won:  149

I go to a Christian area on Quora and it's run by a Catholic. I'm not surprised when the comments often seem to line up with that set of beliefs. I seen it as disingenuous to call it a Christian forum when it seems to be predominantly a Catholic forum. False advertising?

People who are Catholic hold that their church is the THE church among many other things. This commonly causes conflict with just about every other Christian group out  there. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I was once banned from the Rapture Ready message Board because the Administrator was posting very gross and graphic pictures of the Jews during World War 2. It was against the TOS and I questioned him about that. He banned me so that I could not ever go on the site again. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

But I think people can go too far on a Christian message board. After all it is a "Christian message board". I think that Worthy is very patient with some of the people who have joined. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

We all make mistakes and can go overboard. I was terrible when I first joined but didn't realize it. But rules are needed. Hopefully we can learn from mistakes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,591
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

But I think people can go too far on a Christian message board. After all it is a "Christian message board". I think that Worthy is very patient with some of the people who have joined. 

@missmuffet There is indeed a balance always to be struck between patience with people who are unfamiliar with the Scriptures and making it known that utter antagonism and blasphemy are not acceptable.