IGNORED

What do you call a church that BANS people who ask difficult questions?

Not of the World

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/18/2022 at 5:46 PM, ayin jade said:

Long ago I was banned at a Christian chatroom for telling a mod their Mormon teacher should not be teaching. Banning happens. I moved on.

I have actually been asked on several occasions not to return to Churches who could not answer basic Christian dogma (who bore orthodox Christian titles or identified with traditional denominations). I usually replied as I left, "I've been kicked out of better Churches than this one."

True.

I've been censured / censored / banned from many message boards for simply quoting the Bible which pointed out errors in the traditions / rules of the boards:

• LDS
  • Watchtower
  • Oneness Pentecostals / Apostolic
  • Roman Catholic
  • Thin skinned Protestant boards
  • Liberal Churches
  • Preterist Churches
  • Atheist / Agnostic boards
  • etc.

They all have one thing in common: they are all dedicated to the beliefs they have despite the biblical opposition to what they believe.

This is the greatest human obstacle l that God is up against truly to wean mankind from religion to Truth.

• Matthew 16:17 / Matthew 16:23 calls it the "things of God" versus the "things of man" (which Jesus attributed ultimately to the devil which is why he called Peter Satan)
  • Mark 7:7 calls it the "commands of men" which makes even the worship of Jesus in vein
  • Mark 7:13 call it "the traditions of man" which nullifies the very Word of God
  • John 8:42-45 states that unbelieving mankind is of its father the devil and cannot hear the truth Jesus teaches
  • etc.

I was a Christian Apologist for a number of years. I realized there are times when world events / beliefs are such that even far more effective evangelists than myself (like Noah who preached for 120 years) had zilch for results. So, I redefined my ministry to specifically those who are open to God's truth. Not that I have an expertise on it. I find that we all suffer from the disease of religion / traditions of man to some degree or other. And I am ever checking with the Holy Spirit interpreted / Bible authenticated scriptures to see if I am not getting in God's way myself. And then I try my best to stay out of His way. I also welcome those who point out any errors in my posts / teaching. But I am also well versed on why I believe what I believe / why I teach what I teach (we are told to do our biblical homework to be sure we are correct before we proceed).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

On 12/18/2022 at 10:15 PM, Not of the World said:

I asked a question on a Catholic, Facebook, page and then I was banned.  That's what cultists tend to do when they are unable to answer tough questoins about the faith that they espouse.  

Their forum - their rules! 

However, I'm not sure it is proper to call a Facebook page a 'church' 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

This is the greatest human obstacle l that God is up against truly to wean mankind from religion to Truth.

• Matthew 16:17 / Matthew 16:23 calls it the "things of God" versus the "things of man" (which Jesus attributed ultimately to the devil which is why he called Peter Satan)
  • Mark 7:7 calls it the "commands of men" which makes even the worship of Jesus in vein
  • Mark 7:13 call it "the traditions of man" which nullifies the very Word of God
  • John 8:42-45 states that unbelieving mankind is of its father the devil and cannot hear the truth Jesus teaches
  • etc.

I was a Christian Apologist for a number of years. I realized there are times when world events / beliefs are such that even far more effective evangelists than myself (like Noah who preached for 120 years) had zilch for results. So, I redefined my ministry to specifically those who are open to God's truth. Not that I have an expertise on it. I find that we all suffer from the disease of religion / traditions of man to some degree or other. And I am ever checking with the Holy Spirit interpreted / Bible authenticated scriptures to see if I am not getting in God's way myself. And then I try my best to stay out of His way. I also welcome those who point out any errors in my posts / teaching. But I am also well versed on why I believe what I believe / why I teach what I teach (we are told to do our biblical homework to be sure we are correct before we proceed).

Nothing is an obstacle for God.

Edited by BeyondET

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

On 12/18/2022 at 5:15 PM, Not of the World said:

I asked a question on a Catholic, Facebook, page and then I was banned.  That's what cultists tend to do when they are unable to answer tough questoins about the faith that they espouse.  

So long as the question was sincerely proposed in an orderly way, I would be suspicious that the "church" was a cult. Silencing opposition by force is a major M.O. of a cult. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,104
  • Content Per Day:  9.70
  • Days Won:  149

On 12/18/2022 at 10:08 PM, Not of the World said:

Maybe he's trying to attract Christians in order to convert them???

Does he ban people who argue against the validity of the RCC?  If he does then he's definitely a dishonest actor.  

It's actualy an ex nun who heads the board up, so it's a she. 

Most of the questions there don't get heavily into Catholic territory, but when they do that forum leans in that direction.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,971
  • Content Per Day:  5.43
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Sounds like a site I want to avoid.  I am on another site where one of the mods belches out unorthodox garbage.  Needless to say many of the members there are not happy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,088
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

I was booted from Catholic Answers because the young Catholics keep quoting me to refute their arguments. 

• Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

15 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Nothing is an obstacle for God.

Oh, okay. Then Adam and Eve really didn't eat the forbidden fruit.

• Interesting! 1