IGNORED

500 pound bear keeps stealing candy from store!

Debp

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

Awwww, bless his ❤️… all he wanted was a goodie! and he wanted it bear-y, bear-y much! 77C72BF9-C2B7-4226-97BE-48FD4FF49647.gif.4353d6eda96b7caeb32df6f62502bbee.gif

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Nothing a Winchester 44 magnum lever action rifle wouldn't fix, permanently!

Hopefully the bear wont hurt of kill anyone. It has no fear of humans by the looks of things.

Only the bravest and strongest men were able to kill a lion (Judges 14:5-6; 2 Samuel 23:20). However, David had killed both a lion and a bear. He had killed animals that were stronger than him.

Edited by HAZARD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,326
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Nothing a Winchester 44 magnum lever action rifle wouldn't fix, permanently!

Hopefully the bear wont hurt of kill anyone. It has no fear of humans by the looks of things.

Only the bravest and strongest men were able to kill a lion (Judges 14:5-6; 2 Samuel 23:20). However, David had killed both a lion and a bear. He had killed animals that were stronger than him.

Unless an animal is aggressive towards people, here in California we leave them alone.   Alot of animal lovers here.  :)

Our neighborhoods near the foothills often get bears.    They wander around and then return to the mountains.   Some of them go into the swimming pools and relax!

One bear who always got into a jacuzzi was put into a zoo with his own pool.

Once an elderly couple was visiting from Scotland I think.    The elderly man left the house and didn't realize there was a bear about five feet away on the porch!   The man just continued down the walk to the car where his wife was....and she had seen the bear!

We often get wildlife stories on our local news.    Even Reggie the alligator, but that's another story!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

Wow, that's ineresting. We don't have bears here, but we have lots of dangerous animals. Another dingo attacked a young boy last week and the authority's  did nothing about it. That boy was lucky to survive. We have the deadliest snakes in the world and they are a protected species? Makes no sense to me?

• Brilliant! 1

5 hours ago, HAZARD said:

Wow, that's ineresting. We don't have bears here, but we have lots of dangerous animals. Another dingo attacked a young boy last week and the authority's  did nothing about it. That boy was lucky to survive. We have the deadliest snakes in the world and they are a protected species? Makes no sense to me?

Oh, so you are down under. :)

Dingo is a wild dog, right?   We have lots of coyotes.  They even come down into city neighborhoods so people walking dogs need to be alert.   One went into a kitchen through the dog door.

Recently a coyote grabbed a toddler and dragged her slightly.   She screamed so her dad ran to the rescue and chased it off.   They got DNA from her clothing, caught a coyote.   It was the attacking coyote as they matched the DNA.   So in that case, they did euthanize it.

Wow, I didn't know your deadly snakes were a protected species!   I heard you had alot there.   Do you see them?

Don't you also have some kind of scary or dangerous spiders?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

On 12/23/2022 at 8:51 PM, Debp said:

Unless an animal is aggressive towards people, here in California we leave them alone.   Alot of animal lovers here.  :)

Our neighborhoods near the foothills often get bears.    They wander around and then return to the mountains.   Some of them go into the swimming pools and relax!

One bear who always got into a jacuzzi was put into a zoo with his own pool.

Once an elderly couple was visiting from Scotland I think.    The elderly man left the house and didn't realize there was a bear about five feet away on the porch!   The man just continued down the walk to the car where his wife was....and she had seen the bear!

We often get wildlife stories on our local news.    Even Reggie the alligator, but that's another story!

Unfortunately, this bear is actually dangerous. I know it's easy to say awww how cute a bear likes his chocolate bars.... but there's more to it.

This bear has learned to like human food and where to get it, and has no fear of humans. You can see him get a little aggressive when the guy approaches him the first time. It's because bears get territorial over food, and they will get more and more aggressive in protecting it.

In this case we see employees who knew how to handle themselves around a bear safety and it had a good ending, so far at least. But imagine what would happen if their had been say a kid in the store either time, especially the second when the bear was just hanging out. Kid may not have recognized the danger and decided to pet the bear, and may have been mauled. 

Where I'm from, if a bear has two human encounters like this it typically gets put down, because this behavior can't be untaught even if relocated. They will just seek out another establishment, home, etc. They've even had bears return to the original spot, walking hundreds of miles to do so.

They just put down a grizzley outside of Yellowstone not to long ago for this very reason.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

On 12/23/2022 at 11:56 PM, HAZARD said:

If the species is on the brink of extinction I could see it being protected from being wiped out.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:34 AM, BeyondET said:

If the species is on the brink of extinction I could see it being protected from being wiped out.

We have a Grizzly bear on California's flag.   The Grizzlies here were exterminated in sometimes even cruel ways.    They were killed off only 75 years after gold was discovered.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92

We've got many grizzlies left in BC, but they a protected species. They need a very large range of unbroken wilderness to thrive.

Black bears, on the other hand, are ridiculously plentiful.

• Thumbs Up 1