SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I tend to believe that there is no pre-Adamic creation, as in millions or billions of years before Adam. I also consider that dinosaurs existed in the time period of Job in the Bible which was sometime in the period of Genesis after Adam. Job 40:15 states the following and I just can't see it be anything but a dinosaur, 

Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you. He feeds on grass like an ox.16See the strength of his loins and the power in the muscles of his belly.17His tail sways like a cedar;  (we all know what a cedar tree looks like. What creature outside a dinosaur has anything like this) the sinews of his thighs are tightly knit.His bones are tubes of bronze;his limbs are rods of iron. He is the foremost of God’s works;  (of course a dinosaur would be thought of as the King of Creatures. We say today the Lion is the King but not really) only his Maker can draw the sword against him The hills yield him their produce, while all the beasts of the field play nearby. He lies under the lotus plants,hidden among the reeds of the marsh. The lotus plants conceal him in their shade;the willowsf of the brook surround him. Though the river rages, Behemoth is unafraid;he remains secure, though the Jordan surges to his mouth. (Basically saying he can walk into most any  river and his body would still be out of the water.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, Rockson said:

You don't explain though why this couldn't have been Noah's flood. 

For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge. I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

- Jeremiah 4:22-25 (KJV)

The mountains trembled.  God violently shook the earth.  The heavens had no light, which is why God later commanded "let there be light.”

In contrast, there was light in the days of Noah, but no, not at the destruction of the world that then was.

Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

- 2 Peter 3:6-7 (KJV)

This couldn't possibly be the flood of Noah, because in this flood, there were at least 8 people alive, and there was a raven and there was a dove.

• Well Said! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.81

I have recently found some info I do not know if it is right or wrong but would like to share it in hopes someone is still watching this thread that can help sort out. I also just found this thread today I read the fist 5 pages and then the last. Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, NConly said:

I have recently found some info I do not know if it is right or wrong but would like to share it in hopes someone is still watching this thread that can help sort out. I also just found this thread today I read the fist 5 pages and then the last. Thanks

Go ahead. This is a Christian forum. We believe in the resurrection of the thread.

🙂

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.81

I have read the Bible and found a lot of information in a book called "Things to come". I have heard some say that book is not very good. I liked it because J. Dwight Pentecost gives all verses relating to a subject. Rather than just promote his choice he provides all verses.

An example is Rapture he list all verses for pre Rapture, mid Rapture, and post Rapture rather than just the verses he believes in.

As you can see there is much I do not know.

In Isa 28: 10

For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

I find some teach one must use this thought pattern to understand the Bible.

Now 2 Peter 3:8

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

After reading the Bible it appears the word a  "million" did not exist back then.

The only thing is thousand and thousands upon thousands.

God being eternal as he is; it seems that 2 Peter should be more than a thousand.

That does not mean I am promoting a million. Just that a thousand years seems to fall short of what it tries to show.

I saw a video on you tube a month ago about Genesis it suggested the following.

Gen 1: v3-5 Day 1 The light created on day one was not for a 24 hour time span.

The lights to rule our 24 hour day were not created until day four v14-19.

Is it possible that day 1 and 2 and 3 were longer something like 2 peter 3:8 describes.