• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

6 hours ago, Starise said:

I hope you are having a good one. The kids got together with us last night. My church is having services and we will go there today. After that it's probably a dfay of leisure.

Merry Christmas!

Christmas trees they are evil I tell ya. I had to put one up to pray against it.

c tree (480x640).jpg

Gorgeous house and tree

Cute dog too lol

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

5 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

One of my daughters is celebrating tomorrow as her two oldest children are with their father today . Her youngest child  is still young enough at 3 to be " fooled " although they have had to postpone my daughters birthday as well since she understands mummy has a birthday on Christmas day  :24:

I am sitting here remembering so many years of frantic wrapping of gifts after retrieving them from hiding places , getting to bed about 2 am to be woken (???)  up as soon as my head hot the pillow to screams of joy from 4 little ones ( the one year they didnt get up till about 5am my next door neighbours were phoning to find out what was wrong as they had been waiting up to hear them since their children were all grown up :24: ) 

A quick breakfast and off to church followed by a long day with all the family at my parents house and my daughters birthday in the afternoon .

SOOOO thankful that today all I have to do is answer endless phone calls and see to the dogs :emot-highfive:

One year my folks got a stop sign and put it at the bottom of the stairs. Hoping that we would stay upstairs until a decent hour so they could get to sleep.

They forgot that my younger brothers would squeal and bang on the bedroom door until they got up.

• Haha 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Content Per Day:  2.48
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

15 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

merry christmas worthy family

41GTngFsRbL._SY780_.jpg

You are a wolf in puppies' clothing.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

Happy Incarnation Day!  "Great is the mystery of godliness - God was manifested in the flesh!"  (1 Tim 3:16) :clap:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Slibhin said:

My husband liked to put up Christmas lights all over and time them to various soundtracks. He had a little computer he could program some impressive displays with.

Any videos?

• Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Most likely the Star of Bethlehem was a supernova.

Debunking myths...

• the star appeared in the east to Magi who were living east of Israel / Judea
  • it did not hover over Bethlehem nor did it lead the Magi to Israel (most likely Daniel told them a king would be born in Israel when the star appeared)
  • they went to Jerusalem and consulted Herod who consulted the Priests who pointed to Bethlehem Ephratath
  • the trek of the Magi concluded 2 years after the star appeared in the east (which is why Herod ordered the slaughter of all male children in and near Bethlehem from 2 years old and younger)

674331497_StaroifBethlehem.png.3173ce2786c27068e34a624786aa4060.png

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  782
  • Content Per Day:  1.52
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/24/2022 at 5:55 AM, other one said:

So, it's Jesus's birthday so lets all buy each other presents to celebrate..

I blame the three Magi.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Interesting! 1

On 12/24/2022 at 5:57 AM, other one said:

And another thing, most everyone I know that has studied the matter thinks Jesus was born in September....     so why do I have to celebrate his birthday when it's 8º F outside.

It goes clear back to Jewish 'mythology'.  For rather arcane reasons, long before Jesus was born the Jews decided that the world was created on March 25, and for reasons that made perfect sense to people back then they concluded that the Messiah would be conceived on that same day.  The early church, when it was still heavily Jewish, just carried that tradition over -- so when the idea of celebrating Christ's birth came along, they added nine months to March 25 and got December 25.  To be fair, many of them knew that wasn't correct, but there was no budging the March 25 notion; it was too widely accepted.

So we got December 25 and no one has bothered to try to fix it; it's become too solid a part of the church year.

On 12/24/2022 at 6:54 AM, TreeFivew said:

He never told anyone to celebrate his birthday.  That is heresy. His real name is not even Jesus anyway.  It's Yahusha/Yahusha, or some say Yeshua.  Jesus means earth pig. The Je is from the word Geology Sus is pig.

I laughed so hard it hurt!

"Je" has nothing to do with "Geology"; the Greek letter for "J" isn't even in the Greek word for "geology".

And "sus" is what you get when you take a male name from Hebrew and try to write it in Greek.

Creative humor!