IGNORED

Are you a Prepper ? Do you have room for Prepper Items ?

believeinHim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

5 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

I would be a good candidate to go up in to space if I wouldn't probably freak out and have my ringing ears make me jump out of the cabin...........................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Shalom, believeinHim.

Um... Don't jump out of the cabin. It's a LONG WAY DOWN!

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,507
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

4 hours ago, believeinHim said:

Are you a prepper, and if not, Why ? Explain.

When I say this, let us distinguish prepping from hoarding, and it depends on the definition of preparing. I am not a doomsday prepper; I prepare for my eternal home.

Technically, I am a prepper. I am prepared for short unforeseen disasters and temporary shortages of some things (that is wisdom). I look at it in several ways. Your purchase needs are cheaper today than they will be next week. You are saving money by buying two items today rather than one. Hyperinflation and severe shortages are at our doorstep.

Another reason, and I by no means am tooting my own horn or seeking any self-recognition, is all for the glory of Jesus and love for my brothers and sisters. We can bless someone by word, deed, or product, and all three.

I saw these things coming before they hit, partially from scripture and partly by observation and reasoning. I stocked up on a bunch of items and raised 15 chicks. On several occasions, Walmart and every other store were out of toilet paper, all meats, all fresh produce, and most soups and canned goods. It is coming again, no doubt in my mind. If I do not have something needed, how can I help anyone?

I got a call from an elderly widow one day, asking if I had a roll of TP to spare. What a blessing it was for me to have a whole package to give her.

I am giving away hundreds of eggs from my 15 hens. I try to make sure those I suspect of needing them the most get them first. The cheapest eggs around here are $5.00 + tax for a six-pack. I am tickled to death (so to speak); the Lord has blessed me and put me into a position to be a blessing to others in His name.

I get more out of helping someone out than they do. It can also break a little ice, slipping in a Salvation tract in the carton of eggs, TP, or whatever, and telling them about Jesus and His love and what He did for me.

I cannot think of any better reading material sitting on the pot. 😊

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, @Dennis1209

Yes, we get hurricanes from time to time down here in Florida; so, it's wise to have TP, water, gas, a generator, etc. for those power outages that may last a week or two.

And, you're right! If we've got something someone else needs, we share! That's just good manners! That's what being a community is all about! Besides, Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus") said,

Luke 6:30-36 (KJV)

30 "Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, believeinHim said:

:emot-questioned:

I try to go with least common denominator so as not to hurt feelings as that may be all some can afford to put away.   

43 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You will always hear noise even in complete silence. 

I don't understand what you mean.  What do you hear in complete silence?  

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, DeighAnn said:

I don't understand what you mean.  What do you hear in complete silence?  

Ever put a seashell to your ear? You hear "the sound of the sea." In reality it is noise from your ears. Wearing headphones that completely block exterior sound has the same effect. 

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  10,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

44 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You will always hear noise even in complete silence. 

I've experienced complete silence before. Not a movement nor a sound. 

To answer the OP, no, I'm not a "prepper." Whatever comes, will come. One day, you have a roof over your head and food in the cupboard and the next, you have nothing at all. You don't know where your next meal is coming from. 

Just now, ayin jade said:

Ever put a seashell to your ear? You hear "the sound of the sea." In reality it is noise from your ears. Wearing headphones that completely block exterior sound has the same effect. 

Thank you. I did not know that or about the sea shells or the head phones. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07

36 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I try to go with least common denominator so as not to hurt feelings as that may be all some can afford to put away.   

They want us eating bugs. They want us eating bugs. I would like some meat stored up away. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,225
  • Content Per Day:  2.07

Yes, But I mean I don't want music or movies in my ear. Are there seashell noise cancelling headphones ? That don't come from youtube.