• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Matthew 28:19 ESV / 460 helpful votes

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 14:26 ESV / 421 helpful votes

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 15:26 ESV / 339 helpful votes

“But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me.

2 Corinthians 13:14 ESV / 331 helpful votes

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Thank you for the scriptures...

The Holy Spirit is referred to as the "Helper", reading the above scriptures we can have an idea how the Holy Spirit can help us...this is why he is call the Helper because he is helping us...and it goes on to mention in what ways and later on we find out a lot more about the Ministry of the Holy Spirit...

I said the Ministry of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit is ministry or is helping us with our needs...

And we will find out more about what our needs are besides the needs to remember and to bring to our memory what we should remember to take away the fear to depend only in our ability to remember...it is like extra memory in the Holy Spirit...the Holy Spirit knows what is recorded in our memory and it brings it up for us when it is needed.  

• Group:  Royal Member

6 minutes ago, OneLight said:

First, I did give you the answer to the question you asked.  If you had yet to of read my reply, then I apologize for being quick to respond, but (2nd) we have had this conversation a couple of times over the year and yes, it does sadden me when I see someone, be it from me or another, show someone their error and they chose not to learn.  I won't apologize for feeling sad for that.

To me, it is important to understand who God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is and why in order for anyone to grow closer to God, which should be the goal of anyone who knows God.  It should never be a goal to just "win" an argument or discussion.  It takes love to reach another, and with love we do have joy and sadness.

@OneLight

I avoid to discuss another and their set minds.

We are discussing the scriptures and everyone ought to himself to reflect on them... 

We continue looking examining our selves if there is the need to align and refine our beliefs with the scriptures...

If you believe so strong that you got everything right....and then what...you have nothing to look forwards...to some redirection.  

This is why we discuss to let the scripture and the Holy Spirit guide as we go along. 

You need to participate in all the scriptures that come forwards about the Holy Spirit...not just drop one...what can you say before that scripture you are holding on was given to us....and we still need to look at what that scripture it meant to communicate....it is your take to tell us what you think that scripture or what the writer of that scripture wanted us to understand...please elaborate...

@Rosie1jack2pauline3

That's why Jesus was different from any one else who wrote everything down...Like the other Rabbis or teachers. 

Jesus never asked anyone to write down what he was teaching no one was following for the propose to record what He was saying and doing....because he Knew nothing should be lost when the Helper (the Holy Spirit). will be given to his disciples and he knew his disciples were not in a position to understand what he was telling them at that time.  

A side note: I have witness preachers who looked at some books they wrote years ago and they are in deep regrets of some of the things they said in those books...not all but some...

And some of them looking for to find those who unfairly had judged years ago...one said I understand and now I follow what someone  told me and I had unfairly judge and persecute in my ignorance...about the Gospel of Grace. And about prayers for healing in the name of Jesus Christ. 

They realized they were subject to growth the time they believed they had gotten everything right...

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,787
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I need to enriched the question...

Is the Holy Spirit God or is from God...the Heavenly Father?  

The Holy Spirit is FROM GOD ... FROM the FATHER ... and in places also known as the Spirit of Christ ... as they are interchangeable.

How can one GRIEVE the Holy Spirit ... if it's without a personage?  

Eph 4:30  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 

My suggestion is to not diminish the Holy Spirit, the role of the Holy Spirit, and the person of the Holy Spirit ... but rather understand its function in the Godhead.

Luk 3:21  Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, 

Luk 3:22  and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.09
  • Days Won:  99

The Spirit of the Lord is indeed God, and He not only dwells with us but we dwell with Him. Scripture refers to Him in different ways:

The Spirit of God

The Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost in archaic English)

The Spirit of the Lord

Spirit of Christ

The Comforter

He is the One who came to me out of the blue not long after my military service was over, calling me to Jesus Christ. He is most definitely a Person!:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you for the scriptures...

The Holy Spirit is referred to as the "Helper", reading the above scriptures we can have an idea how the Holy Spirit can help us...this is why he is call the Helper because he is helping us...and it goes on to mention in what ways and later on we find out a lot more about the Ministry of the Holy Spirit...

I said the Ministry of the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit is ministry or is helping us with our needs...

And we will find out more about what our needs are besides the needs to remember and to bring to our memory what we should remember to take away the fear to depend only in our ability to remember...it is like extra memory in the Holy Spirit...the Holy Spirit knows what is recorded in our memory and it brings it up for us when it is needed.  

The Holy Spirit is not an it. The Holy Spirit is He. He can be grieved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

51 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

@OneLight

I avoid to discuss another and their set minds.

We are discussing the scriptures and everyone ought to himself to reflect on them... 

We continue looking examining our selves if there is the need to align and refine our beliefs with the scriptures...

If you believe so strong that you got everything right....and then what...you have nothing to look forwards...to some redirection. 

This is why we discuss to let the scripture and the Holy Spirit guide as we go along. 

You need to participate in all the scriptures that come forwards about the Holy Spirit...not just drop one...what can you say before that scripture you are holding on was given to us....and we still need to look at what that scripture it meant to communicate....it is your take to tell us what you think that scripture or what the writer of that scripture wanted us to understand...please elaborate...

@Your closest friendnt

That is a very big stretch for you to state that because I do understand the Trinity, and have been studying this for many years,  that I think I have "everything right" and that I 'have nothing to look forward to".  That's a bit much, don't you think?

I have pages of references from my study on just the Holy Spirit.  It would probably cover two or three pages of posts if I broke it up to the allotment of words per post the software allows, but that would not be helpful as it would look like I was providing a wall of scripture and be way too long for others to want to read.  It's not like this is the first time considering the subject.

As for 1 John 5:7, that one verse shows that the Holy Spirit is an entity by itself.  A non-entity could not be one with anything.  As you read through all the responses given to you just for saying that the Holy Spirit is wind, they also prove, through scripture, that He is not just some spirit between the Father an Jesus, or something unknown as not knowing where the wind goes, He is a true entity and part of the Godhead.

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

The Holy Spirit is not an it. The Holy Spirit is He. He can be grieved.

I am not sure why it is very important to you to say that when the scriptures do not say what you need to say and for your reasons...

The "Helper"...when someone is saying that they will sent a "Helper" you cannot tell anything about the "Helper" , one thing for sure it did not say or give any indication at all to make anyone hoping to meet a "he" as you said and or a "she"...the only reference is to a "Helper"...

There is not Gender attached to the "Holy Spirit." "The Helper" ..no gender what ever...it is as it is..."the Holy Spirit "..."the Evil Spirit" it speaks about Spirits....

We can talked about what the Holy Spirit does and how it interacts with us.. and that what is important...

Paul said in the fellowship of the Holy Spirit...they are other Spirits who want to fellowship with us or with the human...or Man...and not all of them are from God...and they used men as medium as a host...we also have the Evil Spirit. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, Marathoner said:

The Spirit of the Lord is indeed God, and He not only dwells with us but we dwell with Him. Scripture refers to Him in different ways:

The Spirit of God

The Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost in archaic English)

The Spirit of the Lord

Spirit of Christ

The Comforter

He is the One who came to me out of the blue not long after my military service was over, calling me to Jesus Christ. He is most definitely a Person!:)

And add: "Now the Lord is the Spirit" 2 Cor 3:17

Have you considered that verse @Your closest friendnt?

Edited by Vine Abider
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  203
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,476
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

2 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

And add: "Now the Lord is the Spirit" 2 Cor 3:17

Have you considered that verse @Your closest friendnt?

Could also add 1 Corinthians 15:45 - "The Last Adam became a life-giving Spirit."

• Thanks 1