Why is God stopping me?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

@Figure of eighty Prayer and the Scriptures daily does keep our thinking in a Godward direction; so essential.

Isaiah 48.10 says: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction". Knowing that we are chosen is far more precious than avoiding difficulties. In your case, your situation includes the opportunity of having a Godly influence on your children - a privilege denied not a few other Christians.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

This was amazing to read. This is exactly how I feel. I feel very lost, mid life crisis like. I don't know what to do. 

I'm glad you mentioned having kids as I do. I just feel very directionless, I mean I have my own directions and plans but none of them are coming together. 

I just feel like I'm wasting time and I'm getting older and I hate that feeling.

But I really relate to this. I was close to quoting scripture tp God as well to remind him lol of his promises. 

If u have a number to a prayer line service I could use could you please drop it? I need prayer I feel really isolated.

I don't have any specific number for prayers, but we do have this:  Worthy Prayer Team @ https://worthyprayerteam.com/.

I also will say again that if your plans are not working out, look for what He is trying to do in your life.  God is somewhere in your circumstances trying to get your attention, I promise.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/12/2023 at 12:16 PM, OneLight said:

I don't have any specific number for prayers, but we do have this:  Worthy Prayer Team @ https://worthyprayerteam.com/.

I also will say again that if your plans are not working out, look for what He is trying to do in your life.  God is somewhere in your circumstances trying to get your attention, I promise.

I just don't see anything being done. I lost my job, daycare for the kids, I have no car. I really don't see anything working out.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

I just don't see anything being done. I lost my job, daycare for the kids, I have no car. I really don't see anything working out.

When we are in the middle of a situation, we focus, focus and focus some more on the issues.  We can become so consumed by them we become exhausted.  We pray and wait for God to move in each of these issue of: No job, no daycare, nor car ... this is what you see and you are waiting to see God move in these areas it becomes all you see.  This is called tunnel vision.  While you focus on the problems, wondering where God is and why He has not answered your prayers and fix you issue, you could very likely be missing where God is working in your life.

I admit, I have no clue who you are in real life.  I admit I know next to nothing as to why you lost your job, what broke in your car or why you are living with your parents.  I don't even know how old you are or your kids age.  Of these I am ignorant, but there is one thing I do know and that is God never leaves nor forsakes us. 

If you don't see God in your life, you are not looking in the right places.  You are looking where you want Him to be, not where He knows He should be, dealing with issues you may not even know as a problem in order for you to change in other areas so your larger issues can be resolved.  Here is another simple example to explain what I'm trying to say.

You try to start your car and it won't start.  It just turns over and does nothing but crank.  You pop the hood to take a closer look and find nothing.  You ask God to show you where the issue is while wiggling all the cables, checking everything on the engine to ensure it's all connected.  You become more and more frustrated because God has not pointed to something on the engine in front of you to show you what the issue is, all the while God is standing at the rear of the car by the gas intake, trying to get your attention so you can see that He is telling you that you are out of gas.

When we focus so much on where we think the problems is, we will miss where God is trying to work in our lives.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

However, are you really thanking the Lord for what you do have! 

When we appreciate what we do have, then everything else is a bonus. If we are always looking for more and more and this and that, then there is no end to the wanting. 

And when I say `what you (we) do have, ` I don`t just mean things but people, and especially our own attitude. Are we thankful for what God is changing in our own lives. 

If we think God rewards people with things, then the unsaved rich must be His favourites, `I don`t think.` 

It is always our attitude that BLOCKS the flow of God.