Why is God stopping me?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I say God bc nothing can happen without his approval nothing. 

I've talked about this before but it's still on my mind as I'm still in my situation.  So I have kids and I was doing well, I had a job and a car  and all of that was gone in a couple months. My car broke down, I lost my job and I couldn't pay for daycare so my kids were kicked out. 

I feel this goes beyond just having kids as there's plenty of women in my shoes with more kids that have things situated. 

I'm stuck at home with toxic parents, that demean and ignore me daily, and it's just a cycle. Everyday I wake up I'm stuck inside with my kids, I can't take them out no where bc my car is gone. So I'm just stuck .

I've tried to apply for wfh jobs and no one responded. One job I thought I had ghosted me for 2 weeks. I was gonna use that to pay for daycare but it just fell through. 

It's not like I'm not trying. Even now I'm doing school online. 

I just wonder why did God not only take everything away but isn't speaking. I've tried praying and even fasting but I stopped bc I got depressed  and I felt like at this point I'm just twisting God's arm to care about my situation. 

I don't know what I did wrong except for try to take care of my 2 kids w/o zero help. 

I just don't know why God is isolating me. I have no friends, I can't even go to church bc I have no car. 

Idk why God is doing this. Just feels mean. I have no one to talk to ..it's just me and my thoughts and the mental aspect is getting to me. 

And also my son has autism. I love him regardless but it hits me in waves at times. I just wonder and hope he'll be functional. I hope he can enjoy life. Idk I just want my son to be happy and enjoy life to the fullest. 

Idk why all this is happening to me.

I watch videos on women who've had abortions some times and though they're broken God ofcourse forgives and not only that but he enhances their life. Some meet their husband's or go on to have more kids. 

I just wonder if I did the right thing bc I kept my kids. I thought I did the right thing... but maybe I didn't bc God himself is punishing/stopping me. 

Sorry I know I keep venting abt this but I'm just stuck and feel hopeless.

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Jesus said in the world you will have trouble but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world. So he did say we would have trouble. It's for sure. Be of good cheer Jesus is coming back to give us a immortal body. We will be with him forever and ever. Yet for a little while we will face troubles. Hang in there. Focus on our Lord. Keep eyes on him. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Good Morning @Figure of eighty

It sure does sound like you feel you are stuck between a rock and a hard place with life grinding down on you.  You may be surprised to know that there are many who have been in the same place, thinking nothing is going right and it's all because of "me".  In a way, that's usually the case, but what have we done?  Most of the time it's not something as obvious as a pet sin we continue to partake in that is separating us from God.  It could be as simple as us looking in the wrong places for answers or even in the wrong direction to find His hand moving.  From our prayers and simple logic, we are looking to see Him move in areas we think are the most important, all the while He is not where we are looking, but somewhere else in our lives trying to get our attention, but we fail to recognize His hand in our lives because we fail to see how important the little things are He is trying to show us is.  We have a tendency to see the larger issues and feel if these large issues are dealt with, then everything will be OK.  What we fail to see is all the small, minor issues that created the larger issues.  We want the large issue gone without considering it is the smaller issues that is the root to the larger issue.  The only simple example I can think of is finding out our car won't start so we cry out to God that our car is dead and ask Him to help us fix it when we failed to notice that the only problem with out car is the battery cable is loose.  Humans focus on the large picture all too often without looking at the smaller details for the answer.

That was a pretty long paragraph only to say that God is not always where we expect Him to be and that we are usually looking in the wrong places for answers.

I can only speak about my experience, so here's my past ... There was a time where I was trying to make a huge change in my life as I was an addict who just turned to the Lord and wanted to leave my past behind.  I was looking for all the promises people told me I would experience if I just followed God, give it all to Him.  During this time I was not alone as I had a wife and three kids.  I had lost my job, had no car, no money and ended up overusing the help from those who love us.  We ended up living in a large tent with all our belongings.  We were lucky that it was summer and it was warm, but I really didn't see that as a blessing.  All I saw was us in a tent with nothing to our name. 

You see, I expected God to perform one of His miracles and rescue us from the results of my past.  I had not idea how He would do that, so I found myself looking for some knight in shinning armor to swoop down and remove us from where we were to a safe house, find a great job and heal me from my addiction.  I even remember quoting scripture to Him as if I had to show Him His promises to me, like His promise of "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”  Of course, I had no idea what that really meant, only that it was said to me by another Christian as a promise from God and I could depend on Him to provide.

As I was looking for this miracle to happen, God was busy somewhere else in my life trying to get my attention so He could show me His way, what first needed to be changed in order for the rest to start falling into place.  There would be no knight in shinning armor, but instead, many many small adjustments He would bring me through so I could learn what His way was in my life and find that escape from my current living conditions.  It was a longer road than what I imagined it would be, but it was His answer to me, not what I thought should be done.

Changes come from many little things in life, not from huge leaps and bounds.  Where is God working in your life that you have not noticed?  He is working somewhere as He promised that He will never leave nor forsake us.  We just have to look for Him where He is, not where we want Him to be.

Hope this helps as I was moved to share this with you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Figure of eighty

Well first off God isn't Doing anything to you,He isn't punishing you & He isn't stopping you from anything- however,I'm not blaming you but you need to understand who your enemy is .... the enemy will throw every type of obstacle in your way but his most effective tactic is deception,feeding you those little ideas that you are helpless,hopeless ,worthless ,stuck and God's Doing it- the devil is a LIAR!

So try to focus on WHO you are in Christ Jesus- I am assuming you are a Born Again Believer,is that right? If so ,then you are MORE than a Conqueror,an Overcomer,Victorious and can do ALL things in Christ Who Strengthens.To begin with you must take captive all those negative, thoughts of defeat & subject them to the obedience of Christ! Praise Jesus!

An attitude of Gratitude will get you far,I mean it- people see what you are giving off from the inside out,confidence,self assuredness will get chosen for the job before the downtrodden,insecure ,sad sack- it does show.Think of your Blessings the next time you feel" stuck" with the kids and no car- bundle everyone up and go for a walk or take a bus remembering y'all have good arms ,legs,sight,smell,hearing & can breathe in the air without an oxygen tank!

What about govt assistance, subsidized housing,food programs(:churches ,benevolent associations ) single Moms get alot of help and hopefully only use it temporarily until you get on your feet.Get busy,make calls,fill out applications and send out your resume everywhere!

No car? Better than no legs-city bus? Train? Even DCF helps out with bus passes & cards.....Many many churches have volunteers to pick folks up to bring them to church on Sunday,get on the phone,send emails,ask for help.

God Provides Sister but I once heard that you have to reach up as far as you can,God Will Reach down the rest of the Way!I sure hope you find these words helpful,encouraging & motivating- a spirit of depression is trespassing on God's Property- put on your Helmet of Salvation & Armor up,be awake so you can thwart off those fiery darts..... Read the Book of Ephesians,Chapter 6❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,488
  • Content Per Day:  12.22
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Figure of eighty

Well first off God isn't Doing anything to you,He isn't punishing you & He isn't stopping you from anything- however,I'm not blaming you but you need to understand who your enemy is .... the enemy will throw every type of obstacle in your way but his most effective tactic is deception,feeding you those little ideas that you are helpless,hopeless ,worthless ,stuck and God's Doing it- the devil is a LIAR!

So try to focus on WHO you are in Christ Jesus- I am assuming you are a Born Again Believer,is that right? If so ,then you are MORE than a Conqueror,an Overcomer,Victorious and can do ALL things in Christ Who Strengthens.To begin with you must take captive all those negative, thoughts of defeat & subject them to the obedience of Christ! Praise Jesus!

An attitude of Gratitude will get you far,I mean it- people see what you are giving off from the inside out,confidence,self assuredness will get chosen for the job before the downtrodden,insecure ,sad sack- it does show.Think of your Blessings the next time you feel" stuck" with the kids and no car- bundle everyone up and go for a walk or take a bus remembering y'all have good arms ,legs,sight,smell,hearing & can breathe in the air without an oxygen tank!

What about govt assistance, subsidized housing,food programs(:churches ,benevolent associations ) single Moms get alot of help and hopefully only use it temporarily until you get on your feet.Get busy,make calls,fill out applications and send out your resume everywhere!

No car? Better than no legs-city bus? Train? Even DCF helps out with bus passes & cards.....Many many churches have volunteers to pick folks up to bring them to church on Sunday,get on the phone,send emails,ask for help.

God Provides Sister but I once heard that you have to reach up as far as you can,God Will Reach down the rest of the Way!I sure hope you find these words helpful,encouraging & motivating- a spirit of depression is trespassing on God's Property- put on your Helmet of Salvation & Armor up,be awake so you can thwart off those fiery darts..... Read the Book of Ephesians,Chapter 6❤️

With love in Christ, Kwik

@kwikphilly I love the title: Jehovah-Jireh - the LORD provides....

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,219
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

23 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I say God bc nothing can happen without his approval nothing. 

I've talked about this before but it's still on my mind as I'm still in my situation.  So I have kids and I was doing well, I had a job and a car  and all of that was gone in a couple months. My car broke down, I lost my job and I couldn't pay for daycare so my kids were kicked out. 

I feel this goes beyond just having kids as there's plenty of women in my shoes with more kids that have things situated. 

I'm stuck at home with toxic parents, that demean and ignore me daily, and it's just a cycle. Everyday I wake up I'm stuck inside with my kids, I can't take them out no where bc my car is gone. So I'm just stuck .

I've tried to apply for wfh jobs and no one responded. One job I thought I had ghosted me for 2 weeks. I was gonna use that to pay for daycare but it just fell through. 

It's not like I'm not trying. Even now I'm doing school online. 

I just wonder why did God not only take everything away but isn't speaking. I've tried praying and even fasting but I stopped bc I got depressed  and I felt like at this point I'm just twisting God's arm to care about my situation. 

I don't know what I did wrong except for try to take care of my 2 kids w/o zero help. 

I just don't know why God is isolating me. I have no friends, I can't even go to church bc I have no car. 

Idk why God is doing this. Just feels mean. I have no one to talk to ..it's just me and my thoughts and the mental aspect is getting to me. 

And also my son has autism. I love him regardless but it hits me in waves at times. I just wonder and hope he'll be functional. I hope he can enjoy life. Idk I just want my son to be happy and enjoy life to the fullest. 

Idk why all this is happening to me.

I watch videos on women who've had abortions some times and though they're broken God ofcourse forgives and not only that but he enhances their life. Some meet their husband's or go on to have more kids. 

I just wonder if I did the right thing bc I kept my kids. I thought I did the right thing... but maybe I didn't bc God himself is punishing/stopping me. 

Sorry I know I keep venting abt this but I'm just stuck and feel hopeless.

Hi FO8O,

Yes, I hear, life is difficult. Life is damaged and people ae damaged. Some people are worse off than us while others seem better. And we ask, "Why doesn`t God fix it or even just make my life better?" I hear you. And I`m sure we`ve all succumbed to venting at times. We want God to be say, Father Christmas, or the good fairy, or just a benevolent, kindly old father. But of course He is not. 

Well, you may ask, "What is He doing, as it seems I`m off His radar." I certainly hear you there. It can be very frustrating for it seems logical to us that God should be looking after us as we think He should. I need this, this and the other. It`s obvious, so why ...nothing?

Ah, glad you asked. But are we ready for the answer? 

God does NOT have our health, our happiness, our success at the top of His list, (as it were). No! He has our ATTITUDE as the prime focus of His attention. How we are in our attitude is how we will be for ...ever. Thus it is very, very important for us to attend to that. But, you see, we can all look at circumstances, (which can be terrible) or look at others or even blame God Himself. But God knows our weaknesses that trip us up and He is attending to those.

So, we can all get into a big, painful hole of our own making, but not realise it. The hole is - being unthankful, unloving,.....(see the list in 2 Tim. 2: 3: 1 - 5). We may only have one of those, but that is enough for us to `have a form of godliness but deny it power.` (v.5) The power of God is there, but our attitude is blocking us from receiving anything from God.

Thus, may I suggest you, (like all of us do often daily) repent of such attitude/s and start by thanking God for - your salvation, your son, his love, food, shelter, strength, some health, .....etc

When we unblock our connection to God then the flow starts.

praying, Marilyn.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

A man’s life is what he thinks about all day long. Jesus Christ said, ‘I pray your faith will not fail.’ This means your faith will be tested. Read the Bible for the salvation of your soul, not the solution to your problem.

Joshua 1:9, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Right now in my own life, i am frighten and distress about the future. I feel unsure about whether or not I will be capable of handling what is to come or if this is the correct pathway to pursue. However, i am gaining encouragement from this Bible verse. We can know that the Lord will always be with us in whatever circumstance that He places us in or pathway that He calls us to pursue. Therefore, we can have peace and move forward with strength and courage, knowing that God is on our side. 

• Well Said! 1

On 1/10/2023 at 11:19 AM, OneLight said:

Good Morning @Figure of eighty

It sure does sound like you feel you are stuck between a rock and a hard place with life grinding down on you.  You may be surprised to know that there are many who have been in the same place, thinking nothing is going right and it's all because of "me".  In a way, that's usually the case, but what have we done?  Most of the time it's not something as obvious as a pet sin we continue to partake in that is separating us from God.  It could be as simple as us looking in the wrong places for answers or even in the wrong direction to find His hand moving.  From our prayers and simple logic, we are looking to see Him move in areas we think are the most important, all the while He is not where we are looking, but somewhere else in our lives trying to get our attention, but we fail to recognize His hand in our lives because we fail to see how important the little things are He is trying to show us is.  We have a tendency to see the larger issues and feel if these large issues are dealt with, then everything will be OK.  What we fail to see is all the small, minor issues that created the larger issues.  We want the large issue gone without considering it is the smaller issues that is the root to the larger issue.  The only simple example I can think of is finding out our car won't start so we cry out to God that our car is dead and ask Him to help us fix it when we failed to notice that the only problem with out car is the battery cable is loose.  Humans focus on the large picture all too often without looking at the smaller details for the answer.

That was a pretty long paragraph only to say that God is not always where we expect Him to be and that we are usually looking in the wrong places for answers.

I can only speak about my experience, so here's my past ... There was a time where I was trying to make a huge change in my life as I was an addict who just turned to the Lord and wanted to leave my past behind.  I was looking for all the promises people told me I would experience if I just followed God, give it all to Him.  During this time I was not alone as I had a wife and three kids.  I had lost my job, had no car, no money and ended up overusing the help from those who love us.  We ended up living in a large tent with all our belongings.  We were lucky that it was summer and it was warm, but I really didn't see that as a blessing.  All I saw was us in a tent with nothing to our name. 

You see, I expected God to perform one of His miracles and rescue us from the results of my past.  I had not idea how He would do that, so I found myself looking for some knight in shinning armor to swoop down and remove us from where we were to a safe house, find a great job and heal me from my addiction.  I even remember quoting scripture to Him as if I had to show Him His promises to me, like His promise of "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”  Of course, I had no idea what that really meant, only that it was said to me by another Christian as a promise from God and I could depend on Him to provide.

As I was looking for this miracle to happen, God was busy somewhere else in my life trying to get my attention so He could show me His way, what first needed to be changed in order for the rest to start falling into place.  There would be no knight in shinning armor, but instead, many many small adjustments He would bring me through so I could learn what His way was in my life and find that escape from my current living conditions.  It was a longer road than what I imagined it would be, but it was His answer to me, not what I thought should be done.

Changes come from many little things in life, not from huge leaps and bounds.  Where is God working in your life that you have not noticed?  He is working somewhere as He promised that He will never leave nor forsake us.  We just have to look for Him where He is, not where we want Him to be.

Hope this helps as I was moved to share this with you.

This was amazing to read. This is exactly how I feel. I feel very lost, mid life crisis like. I don't know what to do. 

I'm glad you mentioned having kids as I do. I just feel very directionless, I mean I have my own directions and plans but none of them are coming together. 

I just feel like I'm wasting time and I'm getting older and I hate that feeling.

But I really relate to this. I was close to quoting scripture tp God as well to remind him lol of his promises. 

If u have a number to a prayer line service I could use could you please drop it? I need prayer I feel really isolated.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:47 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi FO8O,

Yes, I hear, life is difficult. Life is damaged and people ae damaged. Some people are worse off than us while others seem better. And we ask, "Why doesn`t God fix it or even just make my life better?" I hear you. And I`m sure we`ve all succumbed to venting at times. We want God to be say, Father Christmas, or the good fairy, or just a benevolent, kindly old father. But of course He is not. 

Well, you may ask, "What is He doing, as it seems I`m off His radar." I certainly hear you there. It can be very frustrating for it seems logical to us that God should be looking after us as we think He should. I need this, this and the other. It`s obvious, so why ...nothing?

Ah, glad you asked. But are we ready for the answer? 

God does NOT have our health, our happiness, our success at the top of His list, (as it were). No! He has our ATTITUDE as the prime focus of His attention. How we are in our attitude is how we will be for ...ever. Thus it is very, very important for us to attend to that. But, you see, we can all look at circumstances, (which can be terrible) or look at others or even blame God Himself. But God knows our weaknesses that trip us up and He is attending to those.

So, we can all get into a big, painful hole of our own making, but not realise it. The hole is - being unthankful, unloving,.....(see the list in 2 Tim. 2: 3: 1 - 5). We may only have one of those, but that is enough for us to `have a form of godliness but deny it power.` (v.5) The power of God is there, but our attitude is blocking us from receiving anything from God.

Thus, may I suggest you, (like all of us do often daily) repent of such attitude/s and start by thanking God for - your salvation, your son, his love, food, shelter, strength, some health, .....etc

When we unblock our connection to God then the flow starts.

praying, Marilyn.

This is true and very real. God always has our faith at the top of the list. 

I just have such a tug o war going on. I feel like my daughter's father is trying. I want to believe in him and try to keep our little family intact. That's what I want but idk it's beenn 3yrs of mess but I want to believe the best in him. 

Thank you guys for not being tired with mem I'm really going through a trying confusing time.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Figure of eighty

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,488
  • Content Per Day:  12.22
  • Days Won:  31

On 1/9/2023 at 8:14 PM, Wayne222 said:

Jesus said in the world you will have trouble but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world. So he did say we would have trouble. It's for sure. Be of good cheer Jesus is coming back to give us a immortal body. We will be with him forever and ever. Yet for a little while we will face troubles. Hang in there. Focus on our Lord. Keep eyes on him. 

John 16.33 is indeed a good promise to remember......