• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Yes the Lord`s authority and power (throne) is there, but that is NOT Mount Zion where the Lord`s seat of authrotiy and power is.

`I (Father God) have set my King on my holy hill of Zion.` (Ps. 2: 6)

I Strongly Disagree, New Jerusalem Is God's Tabernacle/House,God alone is the seat of authority, and it will be in New Jerusalem

Revelation 21:2-3KJV

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Wonderful to contemplate; after all, who is not curious about and wants to know more about their eternal home? I believe the New Jerusalem is literal and physical, and the one Jesus said He would prepare for us.

Our eternal home being 1,400 miles cubed, raises a series of interesting laws of physics, and glorified body functioning questions as one can imagine. Will the earth and atmosphere be greatly expanded?  The height being around 1,400 miles, will our glorified bodies still need oxygen? We know we will be eating, what about the digestion process? Is this processing of food and drink part of the curse of death and disease?

We all have ideas and thoughts about our eternal residence, and the following is mine.

As for no more need for the sun or moon for lighting, that is a fascinating discussion also. When Jesus appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus, Saul was physically blinded by the light of His glory. Perhaps those accompanying Saul closed and shielded their eyes from that glory, sparing them from blindness?

Exodus 34:35 (KJV) And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.

Moses was in his physical flesh; he shone just from being in the presence of the Lord. I conjecture saints in their glorified bodies will also shine light, I am guessing some brighter than others as the stars in the 2nd heaven, as a reward based on faith and service.

Isaiah 65:25 (KJV) The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

I think this applies to the 1,000-year reign of Christ, preparation for the eternal state, no doubt carrying over to the eternal state. As Adam was in the Garden of Eden, he was told to leave the Garden and subdue (kingship - responsibility) the whole earth. What was outside the Garden that needed subduing?

Likewise, Isaiah defines a limited specific geographical area “in all my holy mountain.” That would seem to imply not the entire earth but possibly the following:

Psalm 68:17 (KJV) The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels: the Lord is among them, as in Sinai, in the holy place. [emphasis mine]

Yeah, I know, too much time on my hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,464
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

As for no more need for the sun or moon for lighting, that is a fascinating discussion also. When Jesus appeared to Saul on the road to Damascus, Saul was physically blinded by the light of His glory. Perhaps those accompanying Saul closed and shielded their eyes from that glory, sparing them from blindness?

Exodus 34:35 (KJV) And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.

The shining out is one very interesting point.  I always thought of God in Christ Himself doing all the shinning, but where is Christ?  In us!

Again, until yesterday I never saw this verse as related to us in the NJ: "You are the light of the world.  A city built on a hill cannot be hidden."  (Matt 15:14)

Then there's 2 Cor 3:18 - "We all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting as a mirror, the glory of the Lord . . ."

Edited by Vine Abider

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,501
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

The shining out is one very interesting point.  I always thought of God in Christ Himself doing all the shinning, but where is Christ?  In us!

Again, until yesterday I never saw this verse as related to us in the NJ: "You are the light of the world.  A city built on a hill cannot be hidden."  (Matt 15:14)

Then there's 2 Cor 3:18 - "We all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting as a mirror, the glory of the Lord . . ."

Said another way, I think we will be visible light also, reflecting God's glory. We are currently the salt & light of this world, people can and will notice it. At our glorification, I suspect our reflection will be visible light. 

Light is a fascinating subject, both biblically and the light spectrum. Even with optics and imaging, we see such a small percentage of the light spectrum. Even with our current technology, science still does not know if light is a particle, wave, both, or exactly what. They say it behaves differently based on whether it is being observed or not. 

With their convoluted theories of dark energy and dark mass, you might think they would dub it "dark light." LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone looked at that paper I attached in the 2nd post, regarding the "Harmony of the Beginning and Ending of the Bible"?  It's remarkable that the first two and last two chapters of the bible correspond so closely with each other in these 21 points ---> No one could write these things without divine influence!

And then the paper compares Genesis 3 with Revelation 20 - the introduction of the serpent and then his demise. 

I'll attach that paper here again for convenience. 

1st 2 vs last 2 chapters.docx

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

7 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

Has anyone looked at that paper I attached in the 2nd post, regarding the "Harmony of the Beginning and Ending of the Bible"?  It's remarkable that the first two and last two chapters of the bible correspond so closely with each other in these 21 points ---> No one could write these things without divine influence!

And then the paper compares Genesis 3 with Revelation 20 - the introduction of the serpent and then his demise. 

I'll attach that paper here again for convenience. 

1st 2 vs last 2 chapters.docx 18.06 kB · 2 downloads

Hi VA,

That was very interesting. What God planned even amid the fall of man comes about. Then we need to understand that what was hidden in God`s great eternal purpose, (the new man like Christ) is absolutely astounding and beyond just earthly restoration. 

• Praise God! 1

12 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi VA,

That was very interesting. What God planned even amid the fall of man comes about. Then we need to understand that what was hidden in God`s great eternal purpose, (the new man like Christ) is absolutely astounding and beyond just earthly restoration. 

Yes, Marilyn, it is absolutely astounding! I was once in a group that saw clearly that "God eternal has a purpose, formed in His eternal past, spreading to eternal future, twixt these ends all time is cast." (that was actually a couple lines from a song we sang back then)  And it is so true - as evidenced by the many things He started in Genesis 1 & 2, and which is fully manifested and acquired in the last two chapters of the bible!  Even down to so many details & even materials - Eden, in which God walked and openly interacted with man, becomes fully manifest in the New Jerusalem! 

I now see the first two chapters in Genesis in a whole new light!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Said another way, I think we will be visible light also, reflecting God's glory.

I Agree, scripture strongly suggest that the glorified body will be a reflection as the stars, some shining brighter than others, I believe we will reflect the Lord's light, and worldly works follow the believer into the eternal kingdom Rev 14:13

1 Corinthians 15:41KJV

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Edited by truth7t7
  • Thumbs Up 1

FYI - point #15 in that paper I attached in the 2nd post (comparing first two chapters of bible with last two) has an error: In Revelation 21 & 22 it's the ENDING of night & darkness, not the beginning. 

I'll make the correction.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 1/30/2023 at 1:57 PM, Vine Abider said:

Has anyone looked at that paper I attached in the 2nd post, regarding the "Harmony of the Beginning and Ending of the Bible"? 

I checked the link, and it is unavailable.