• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 3/2/2023 at 12:14 PM, Biblican said:

I agree, we don't mess with the occult. My point in posting this is to show for those who do not believe in hell or any after life that there is another level of it where souls go that are not in the lowest hell, and some paranormal activity is evidence of that. The rest is demonic. That is the sea in Rev. 13:20. Paradise was emptied when Jesus ministered there after His crucifixion. I believe  the sea is the replacement for Paradise.

Where do you get that assumption?

Quote book, chapter and verse please.

Opinions based on conjecture aren't valid unless proven by scripture.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 3/5/2023 at 9:04 AM, choir loft said:

Self-learning seems to be the way individuals gain experience.   

Its a dangerous business and I'm reluctant to advise anyone to get into it out of a sense of curiosity.   Those that do get involved do so mostly out of necessity as you have testified.

That's for sure, we were not looking for it, in fact after the incident at our house we wanted to file the whole thing away in a safe place and forget about it. But God had other ideas. Unbeknownst to us the education was just beginning. 

On 3/5/2023 at 9:05 AM, choir loft said:

Where do you get that assumption?

Quote book, chapter and verse please.

Opinions based on conjecture aren't valid unless proven by scripture.

In Revelation 20:13, the souls at the last judgment are taken from two places, hell and the sea. We can debate about what the sea is, but the sea/waters that the beast emerges from in Rev. 13 is symbolic of the world. So we can conclude that these souls are in another place, not hell. 

• Group:  Diamond Member

On 3/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, Biblican said:

In Revelation 20:13, the souls at the last judgment are taken from two places, hell and the sea. We can debate about what the sea is, but the sea/waters that the beast emerges from in Rev. 13 is symbolic of the world. So we can conclude that these souls are in another place, not hell. 

You're mostly on the right track.   The Bible is self-interpreting.  Let's take a quickie look at the three verses in question beginning with Revelation 20:13.

The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.

The sea in Revelation 20:13 is representative of the LIVING.   It's stated twice in Revelation.

Then I saw a beast with ten horns and seven heads rising out of the sea (Revelation 13:1)

The interpretation of the sea or sea waters appears in Revelation 17:15.

Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages 

Death can be clearly understood to mean dead people.  

The word Hades tends to confuse the issue because it's a deliberate mistranslation.  The word Hades is a reference to the mythical Greek god of the underworld who guards the gates to the world of the dead.  Hades is a reference to a PERSON, not a place.  There is no statement either implied or stated in scripture that such a person is real.  The church has deliberately confused the word so as to obfuscate the meaning of scripture. 

Judgment therefore is an account rendered of both the living and the dead.

Exactly when and where this judgment takes place is another issue for discussion.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

On 3/10/2023 at 9:29 AM, choir loft said:

You're mostly on the right track.   The Bible is self-interpreting.  Let's take a quickie look at the three verses in question beginning with Revelation 20:13.

The sea gave up its dead, and Death and Hades gave up their dead, and each one was judged according to his deeds.

The sea in Revelation 20:13 is representative of the LIVING.   It's stated twice in Revelation.

Then I saw a beast with ten horns and seven heads rising out of the sea (Revelation 13:1)

The interpretation of the sea or sea waters appears in Revelation 17:15.

Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages 

Death can be clearly understood to mean dead people.  

The word Hades tends to confuse the issue because it's a deliberate mistranslation.  The word Hades is a reference to the mythical Greek god of the underworld who guards the gates to the world of the dead.  Hades is a reference to a PERSON, not a place.  There is no statement either implied or stated in scripture that such a person is real.  The church has deliberately confused the word so as to obfuscate the meaning of scripture. 

Judgment therefore is an account rendered of both the living and the dead.

Exactly when and where this judgment takes place is another issue for discussion.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Yes, the sea in Rev 13 represents people, that's where I got the interpretation from for Rev. 20:13. The people who are being taken from the sea at the last judgment are dead people as it says.

• Group:  Diamond Member

23 minutes ago, Biblican said:

Yes, the sea in Rev 13 represents people, that's where I got the interpretation from for Rev. 20:13. The people who are being taken from the sea at the last judgment are dead people as it says.

Please review Revelation 17:15.  It speaks of LIVING people.

It's these living people that compose and support the world sea-beast, the Roman Catholic church.

Some have a familiar interpretation for the Earth Beast of Revelation 13, but it has little to do with judgment.