Biblican

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

Some friends of mine rented a house in New England. It wasn’t long before they discovered that the house was haunted, possibly by one of the former occupants.

My friend’s first indication that they were not the only residents came when Trudy decided to move the vase that was on a cabinet to the center of the dining room table. Pleased with the new arrangement, she left the room, only to return later to find that the vase had been returned to the cabinet.

It wasn’t long after that when the ghost actually appeared to them which it did on multiple occasions. It was a woman and they nicknamed her “Honey.”

My friends were Christians and they were never afraid of the apparition. They just felt sorry for her. Her soul was trapped. She had never accepted Jesus in her lifetime and without the Holy Spirit she was unable to ascend to heaven when her body had died and her soul was released. She was imprisoned in another level of hell.

The scriptures show us that at the last judgment and the second resurrection of the dead, which occurs after the second coming and Jesus’ millennial reign; the souls who have not repented and received the gospel in their lifetimes are retrieved from two locations. –

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15).

We can see from verse thirteen that some souls are gathered from the “sea” and the rest from hell. These are two distinct locations and we are shown from this example that not all souls are in “hell.”

The “sea” symbolically represents the world, our dimension. Hell is another dimension and from the example given in Jesus’ parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man (Luke 16:19-31), it is a place of extreme torment.

The prophet David praises God for saving him from “the lowest hell” in Psalm 86:13, which indicates that there are levels of hell and the place of the most extreme torment is the “lowest.”

We can conclude from these examples in scripture, that the souls who die without Christ are imprisoned in one of these two locations and we can also conclude that the souls who are trapped in this dimension, “the sea,” are the ghosts, and the source of paranormal activity.

There are multitudes of recorded examples of genuine hauntings around the world. For example, there is a lighthouse in Long Island sound, New York, that is so haunted that the Coast Guardsman refuse to stay there. That location is also where there have been many shipwrecks and the lighthouse has become a refuge for souls whose bodies perished in that vicinity.

There are many in this day and age that want to eliminate the Biblical concept of hell, even though Jesus assures us of its existence (Matthew 5:22,29, 10:28, 23:33). But these same people that are opposed to the concept of hell, ignore the fact that the paranormal does exist and that it is the evidence of another level of hell that cannot be erased that easily from the blackboard of mental reasoning.

We have been shown from the Bible where the dead are housed after the judgment. Who ends up where is God’s decision, which is based on the choices the souls have made for themselves in their lifetimes. All these souls have one thing in common; none of them have received the Gospel. –

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life - John 3:16.

Repentance and Faith in Jesus’ atonement for our sins, removes them and clothes us with the righteousness that can only come from God. This is turn enables us to receive the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of eternal life. The Holy Spirit is the lifeline that is secured to our souls that enables us to rise into heaven and live eternally in the freedom of God’s holy, loving presence.

You can make the decision now to repent of your sins and receive Jesus, the only one God has ordained to keep your soul out of every level of hell’s prisons. I guarantee that if you refuse God’s offer to save your soul, it will be a decision that will haunt you for the rest of your life - and beyond.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that word you are looking at "Hell"  is actually just the grave.  The reason it's translated hell is a long story, but what it is referring to is that if a body is in the ground or in the sea, they show up for judgement.

And that's the story according to 00 and I'm sticking to it.

7 minutes ago, other one said:

that word you are looking at "Hell"  is actually just the grave.  The reason it's translated hell is a long story, but what it is referring to is that if a body is in the ground or in the sea, they show up for judgement.

And that's the story according to 00 and I'm sticking to it.

It means "The place of departed souls." The same word, hade, is used in Jesus' parable of Lazarus and the Rich man where it is seen as a place of torment. The Hebrews believed that hades was divided into two compartments, one for the wicked and one for the righteous dead which is supported by Jesus' parable.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, Biblican said:

It means "The place of departed souls." The same word, hade, is used in Jesus' parable of Lazarus and the Rich man where it is seen as a place of torment. The Hebrews believed that hades was divided into two compartments, one for the wicked and one for the righteous dead which is supported by Jesus' parable.  

the Hebrews believe a lot of things that aren't scriptural.       I do understand that an alternate meaning can be what you are posting, but the context of the whole paragraph leads me to think it's just saying wherever your body is, it will be raised and judged.

2 hours ago, other one said:

the Hebrews believe a lot of things that aren't scriptural.       I do understand that an alternate meaning can be what you are posting, but the context of the whole paragraph leads me to think it's just saying wherever your body is, it will be raised and judged.

And it will be either from a place of extreme torment or from somebody's attic.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

4 hours ago, Biblican said:

Some friends of mine rented a house in New England. It wasn’t long before they discovered that the house was haunted, possibly by one of the former occupants.

My friend’s first indication that they were not the only residents came when Trudy decided to move the vase that was on a cabinet to the center of the dining room table. Pleased with the new arrangement, she left the room, only to return later to find that the vase had been returned to the cabinet.

It wasn’t long after that when the ghost actually appeared to them which it did on multiple occasions. It was a woman and they nicknamed her “Honey.”

My friends were Christians and they were never afraid of the apparition. They just felt sorry for her. Her soul was trapped. She had never accepted Jesus in her lifetime and without the Holy Spirit she was unable to ascend to heaven when her body had died and her soul was released. She was imprisoned in another level of hell.

The scriptures show us that at the last judgment and the second resurrection of the dead, which occurs after the second coming and Jesus’ millennial reign; the souls who have not repented and received the gospel in their lifetimes are retrieved from two locations. –

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-15).

We can see from verse thirteen that some souls are gathered from the “sea” and the rest from hell. These are two distinct locations and we are shown from this example that not all souls are in “hell.”

The “sea” symbolically represents the world, our dimension. Hell is another dimension and from the example given in Jesus’ parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man (Luke 16:19-31), it is a place of extreme torment.

The prophet David praises God for saving him from “the lowest hell” in Psalm 86:13, which indicates that there are levels of hell and the place of the most extreme torment is the “lowest.”

We can conclude from these examples in scripture, that the souls who die without Christ are imprisoned in one of these two locations and we can also conclude that the souls who are trapped in this dimension, “the sea,” are the ghosts, and the source of paranormal activity.

There are multitudes of recorded examples of genuine hauntings around the world. For example, there is a lighthouse in Long Island sound, New York, that is so haunted that the Coast Guardsman refuse to stay there. That location is also where there have been many shipwrecks and the lighthouse has become a refuge for souls whose bodies perished in that vicinity.

There are many in this day and age that want to eliminate the Biblical concept of hell, even though Jesus assures us of its existence (Matthew 5:22,29, 10:28, 23:33). But these same people that are opposed to the concept of hell, ignore the fact that the paranormal does exist and that it is the evidence of another level of hell that cannot be erased that easily from the blackboard of mental reasoning.

We have been shown from the Bible where the dead are housed after the judgment. Who ends up where is God’s decision, which is based on the choices the souls have made for themselves in their lifetimes. All these souls have one thing in common; none of them have received the Gospel. –

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life - John 3:16.

Repentance and Faith in Jesus’ atonement for our sins, removes them and clothes us with the righteousness that can only come from God. This is turn enables us to receive the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of eternal life. The Holy Spirit is the lifeline that is secured to our souls that enables us to rise into heaven and live eternally in the freedom of God’s holy, loving presence.

You can make the decision now to repent of your sins and receive Jesus, the only one God has ordained to keep your soul out of every level of hell’s prisons. I guarantee that if you refuse God’s offer to save your soul, it will be a decision that will haunt you for the rest of your life - and beyond.

Hi.. OT NT never speak or even hint at dead walk the earth. Does make one wonder ..what about the countess demons and fallen angels? Well Satan was cast out since there was no place found for him in heaven they were cast to earth. We know demons are here always looking for a home and live in homes. Now if one watches TV and things like this one would think believe these ghost stories are just humans stuck here since it what they said. Knowing Satan there is no truth in him will always deceive. Knowing he can apear as a angel of light. Yeah how would most believes know the difference between him and a real angel that can say to you GOD SENT ME. How? 

To just copy and paste about what the sea gave up "The sea being a type of the ungodly nations, the sentence may mean those spiritually dead, but living on the earth at the time of the judgment. The next clause seems to support this view. And death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; death and Hades".  Another question would be a so are all (man) dead?  Yeah look at the earth it would be like sea of people being gather. I have 20 plus other commentaries and I doubt all of them that do all agree are wrong. There is a reason its wise to ask others. 

See one has to also look at Satan is the god of this world. Christ said if this was my kingdom my servants would not allow you to take me.  So when we run with nothing more then speculation we can say anything we want. 

3 hours ago, TheBlade said:

Hi.. OT NT never speak or even hint at dead walk the earth. Does make one wonder ..what about the countess demons and fallen angels? Well Satan was cast out since there was no place found for him in heaven they were cast to earth. We know demons are here always looking for a home and live in homes. Now if one watches TV and things like this one would think believe these ghost stories are just humans stuck here since it what they said. Knowing Satan there is no truth in him will always deceive. Knowing he can apear as a angel of light. Yeah how would most believes know the difference between him and a real angel that can say to you GOD SENT ME. How? 

To just copy and paste about what the sea gave up "The sea being a type of the ungodly nations, the sentence may mean those spiritually dead, but living on the earth at the time of the judgment. The next clause seems to support this view. And death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; death and Hades".  Another question would be a so are all (man) dead?  Yeah look at the earth it would be like sea of people being gather. I have 20 plus other commentaries and I doubt all of them that do all agree are wrong. There is a reason its wise to ask others. 

See one has to also look at Satan is the god of this world. Christ said if this was my kingdom my servants would not allow you to take me.  So when we run with nothing more then speculation we can say anything we want. 

And the sea gave up the dead that were in it. At the last judgment, which is the second resurrection of the dead, only the remaining unbelieving dead are raised. 

I am sure that demons can also inhabit locations, but so can departed souls. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hauntings, ghosts, and the paranormal are popular secular subjects plastered on many television programs, books, and UFO programs. I do not doubt the existence of the so-called ghosts, paranormal and dimensional realm, but they are biblically based. Some questions to ask about these souls, are they spirits:

·         Are they benevolent or malevolent tricksters?

·         Do they point to or away from Jesus Christ?

These days the world is consumed with the paranormal, UFOs, demi-gods, Titians, and superheroes in place of Jesus. For too many reasons to discuss and document, I believe no human soul wanders the earth and menaces the living.

It is my belief these so-called hauntings and apparitions are geographical demons. Some demons are more evil and powerful than their cohorts:

Mark 9:29 (KJV) And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

13 hours ago, Biblican said:

I am sure that demons can also inhabit locations, but so can departed souls.

I recall that, in the Gospels, we read that demons possessed certain people. So, they might not have been inhabiting just a location, while in certain humans. And I remember how the demons begged Jesus not to send them into the abyss; so from this I see that wherever they go, they are controlled by God to be there . . . in a prisoner-enemy status. So, they don't just go and stay wherever they jolly well please.

Now, you say departed souls can inhabit a location. What are you going by, to have this idea, please?

An evil spirit can maybe appear in some location, and fool people into feeling that demon is a departed soul.

And if a departed person was never saved, then possibly an evil spirit helped to give the person his or her personality; and yes, then, the demon making an appearance can seem even somehow charming and loving.

There are unsaved people who were charming and nice acting; but that can go against them, in the day of judgment . . . especially if they went around showing off how nice they could be and then made it seem like they were good enough so they did not need Jesus. Such dirty deception could end with them in more trouble than very cruel people who did not mislead people to suppose they could be good enough without Jesus!!

In your title, you said >

22 hours ago, Biblican said:

Ghost Story: Levels of Hell

I would say that how our character becomes by the time we die has much to do with how we will be in eternity.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, and he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." (Galatians 6:7-8)

What you reap is many times more than those little seeds you sowed. Like this . . . how your character becomes in your natural body is little compared with how you will become spiritually once you have no physical body. In the resurrection you will be all spiritual . . . all how you have been becoming in your spiritual character in this life. 

So, if you have been investing in what is selfish, that selfish spirit will become totally intense once you are out of your natural body. The one who dies as a selfish person will no longer feel all those selfish pleasures which helped dilute his or her feelings of misery, because the selfish person in the resurrection will no longer have a physical body for experiencing physical things. And then will be when someone will fully experience all that he or she can in one's spiritual character. And possibly the levels of this will be related to not only some "level" of position or location, but there will be the "level" of intensity that someone's spirit is in so it can experience torment.

People, then, already now are sampling how they have been becoming spiritually and emotionally, because of what they have been sowing. Ones are sampling things of hell (Ephesians 4:31), or how Heaven's love is (Romans 5:5).

And so, then, we have all that God's word says about how to live and love and relate, as we become changed to be like Jesus. There are things to do in order to minister to one another and ourselves, so we become and love like Jesus, then reap the intensity of this once we are no longer in our physical bodies, and then have only our spiritual level of existence and experience . . . in God's own love and beauty and glory of joy.

So it is so important to do what God's word says, and feed on what God's word says to feed on, so we grow in how Jesus is and loves and is so pleasing to our Heavenly Father. 

For one example > Philippians 2:13-16 < by stopping our complaining and arguing which are anti-love, we can become like Jesus and love like Jesus. This is where our attention needs to be; so beware of how counterfeit appearances of dead people can be a trick to get your attention elsewhere!

Edited by com7fy8
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

I recall that, in the Gospels, we read that demons possessed certain people. So, they might not have been inhabiting just a location, while in certain humans. And I remember how the demons begged Jesus not to send them into the abyss; so from this I see that wherever they go, they are controlled by God to be there . . . in a prisoner-enemy status. So, they don't just go and stay wherever they jolly well please.

Now, you say departed souls can inhabit a location. What are you going by, to have this idea, please?

An evil spirit can maybe appear in some location, and fool people into feeling that demon is a departed soul.

And if a departed person was never saved, then possibly an evil spirit helped to give the person his or her personality; and yes, then, the demon making an appearance can seem even somehow charming and loving.

There are unsaved people who were charming and nice acting; but that can go against them, in the day of judgment . . . especially if they went around showing off how nice they could be and then made it seem like they were good enough so they did not need Jesus. Such dirty deception could end with them in more trouble than very cruel people who did not mislead people to suppose they could be good enough without Jesus!!

In your title, you said >

I would say that how our character becomes by the time we die has much to do with how we will be in eternity.

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, and he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life." (Galatians 6:7-8)

What you reap is many times more than those little seeds you sowed. Like this . . . how your character becomes in your natural body is little compared with how you will become spiritually once you have no physical body. In the resurrection you will be all spiritual . . . all how you have been becoming in your spiritual character in this life. 

So, if you have been investing in what is selfish, that selfish spirit will become totally intense once you are out of your natural body. The one who dies as a selfish person will no longer feel all those selfish pleasures which helped dilute his or her feelings of misery, because the selfish person in the resurrection will no longer have a physical body for experiencing physical things. And then will be when someone will fully experience all that he or she can in one's spiritual character. And possibly the levels of this will be related to not only some "level" of position or location, but there will be the "level" of intensity that someone's spirit is in so it can experience torment.

People, then, already now are sampling how they have been becoming spiritually and emotionally, because of what they have been sowing. Ones are sampling things of hell (Ephesians 4:31), or how Heaven's love is (Romans 5:5).

And so, then, we have all that God's word says about how to live and love and relate, as we become changed to be like Jesus. There are things to do in order to minister to one another and ourselves, so we become and love like Jesus, then reap the intensity of this once we are no longer in our physical bodies, and then have only our spiritual level of existence and experience . . . in God's own love and beauty and glory of joy.

So it is so important to do what God's word says, and feed on what God's word says to feed on, so we grow in how Jesus is and loves and is so pleasing to our Heavenly Father. 

For one example > Philippians 2:13-16 < by stopping our complaining and arguing which are anti-love, we can become like Jesus and love like Jesus. This is where our attention needs to be; so beware of how counterfeit appearances of dead people can be a trick to get your attention elsewhere!

I appreciate your insight.

Yes, I think some paranormal activity is demonic. That is one reason we are forbidden to communicate with the dead. I do believe though that some manifestations are souls, people who were sinners as all people, but not inherently evil. There are people that are good and do a lot of good things even though they are not saved. I don't see that type of person rating the level of torment that is in hell. No one can ascend into heaven after death unless they receive Jesus and their souls have been unified with the Holy Spirit, so they must remain in this dimension until the second resurrection. The main point of recognizing that a soul can be trapped here is to give people who don't believe in hell another option. Being trapped as a ghost is not a pleasant experience. They still have their memories, regrets and feelings, plus the torment of wondering, "How did I end up in this condition?"

Thanks again for your thoughts.