IGNORED

How does a fellowship of Christians submit to the Spirit?

Mr. M

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.12
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Is there a clear apostolic doctrine as to how this accomplished?

Any direct experiences?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

13 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

Any direct experiences?

not usre how you mean" submit to"

22 minutes ago, grahampaul said:

not usre how you mean" submit to"

submit to = obey. Let's say you are in men's group and you are seeking a vision

for how the Lord can use your group, how do you seek his input? Prayer, I assume

would be a start. Do you receive words of knowledge from the Lord in your meetings?

That kind of thing.

1 Corinthians 12:

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 

8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word

of knowledge through the same Spirit.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

47 minutes ago, Mr. M said:

submit to = obey. Let's say you are in men's group and you are seeking a vision

for how the Lord can use your group, how do you seek his input? Prayer, I assume

would be a start. Do you receive words of knowledge from the Lord in your meetings?

That kind of thing.

1 Corinthians 12:

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 

8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word

of knowledge through the same Spirit.

i tend to seek fellowship where tongues and interpretation are spoken,the nine manifestations of the Holy Spirit being believed in.

visions i have had ,

bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Mr. M said:

Any direct experiences?

Hi MM,

Good point for discussion. Now the word `obey` in the Greek, means to listen to. Thus a person needs to listen and weigh up whether what someone is saying is God`s word. Otherwise just to obey like a robot is not scriptural. we are all under Christ and our peers and/or leaders are alongside us. See how the Apostle Paul behaved, - like a nursing mother and a caring father. (1 Thess. 2: 7 & 11) 

In a group there needs to be recognition of each person`s gift in the Lord and the appreciation of that. It is a two-way reception. If not then it becomes control. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

35 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi MM,

Good point for discussion. Now the word `obey` in the Greek, means to listen to. Thus a person needs to listen and weigh up whether what someone is saying is God`s word. Otherwise just to obey like a robot is not scriptural. we are all under Christ and our peers and/or leaders are alongside us. See how the Apostle Paul behaved, - like a nursing mother and a caring father. (1 Thess. 2: 7 & 11) 

In a group there needs to be recognition of each person`s gift in the Lord and the appreciation of that. It is a two-way reception. If not then it becomes control. 

Here is a favorite of mine, in full agreement with your assessment.

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not that we have dominion over your faith,

but are fellow workers for your joy; for by faith you stand.

That is the model of leadership. Here is Peter's take.

1 Peter 5:

1 The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of

the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: 

2 Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, 

not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; 

3 nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; 

4 and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory

that does not fade away.

Beautiful! The crown of glory that never fades! Why risk that for a temporary benefit?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

I share the following as an example.

It's not a complicated matter. Simply put, when the Lord bids me to do something --- for example, join a group --- then that's what I do. It's not a work of man. 

When the Lord tells me to do a certain thing, He declares what shall come to pass before I take the first step. In declaring what will unfold, the Spirit instructs me regarding what it is I must do. 

When I arrive at that place which the Lord commanded me to go, I witness everything which the Spirit spoke unfold according to His every word; throughout it all I occupy myself with His commandment, doing what He told me to do. 

I struggled greatly with this in the beginning, my friends. I didn't grasp the fulness of what the Lord meant when I was in the shadow of death and He said, I restore what was taken from you in a measure far exceeding what you possessed before. Nothing will be the same; you shall never walk in ignorance of My purpose and will. I have shared how the Lord sent me to a tiny assembly of 13 people and before I went to them, He opened a vision declaring what would happen when I arrived. 

After my adopted mother passed and the Lord took her, the Spirit spoke the moment her heart beat for the last time. I was devastated and the Lord told me not to be afraid; He declared what would come to pass the very next day for I was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do. The Lord said that He would send an army of helpers to the front gate after sunrise and before the sun set, I would discharge my duty in a manner pleasing to Him. That's exactly what happened: a veritable army of people from the village appeared at the gate after sunrise, eager to help me carry out my mother's wishes. 

After sunset, the Lord called to me out into the land. He brought to mind that dream which He sent three months before He took the woman whom I loved dearly and served in His name; He reminded me that when I depart the land, I would never return. The Lord then declared where He was sending me: to that city I despised, which is where I have been for many years now. He spoke, revealing all that would come to pass when I came to the door of this organization which operates a transitional housing shelter for the homeless. I would come to this place and volunteer; I would do according to my custom which is to remain unseen, but He would incline their hearts toward me. They would favor me and honor me greatly, for this pleased the Lord. 

When the Lord desires for His servant to go here or there, then He speaks to His servant delivering the commandment; whatever the Lord desires for His servant to do, He explains to His servant as it pleases Him. We witness examples of this very thing in the scriptures; for example, when the Lord sent Ananias to Paul in Damascus. 

Now there was a disciple in Damascus named Ananias; and the Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” And the Lord said to him, “Get up and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying, and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him, so that he might regain his sight.” (Acts 9:10-12 NASB)

It's simple. 

Edited by Marathoner
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  252
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/11/1957

I am thankful when I first truly came to know the Lord that he led me into a faith that believed in all God's fullness. Pentecostal here.

There is a time for everything and it must be in his will.

The Holy Spirit came AFTER Christ finished and accomplished SALVATION for all of mankind, those that will believe. God is NEVER out of time, nor out of what he wills.

So too must EACH INDIVIDUAL be in God's time & his will. 

All the body should work together as one, not some thinking " I'll go this way,or another I'll go that way"! We are to be of the same mind & same accord.

Now, NOT ALL that attend a church, faith, worship ect. are of the body of Christ. True followers, the obedient, those under subjection & those that are overcoming the flesh daily will be prepared to SUBMIT TO THE SPIRIT. Submission is giving another dominance or control over.

If we live by the Spirit & are led by the Spirit, then are we the children of God !

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1