IGNORED

Addictions, bad and good........tattoos of Bible verses; thoughts?

farouk

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, coheir said:

Levit 19:28

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

imo this is saying no cutting or tats for the dead. imo it does not restrict for expression

@coheir Thanks for your comment. All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed that I have spoken with seem to have had their tattoo parlor session for witness tool purposes. Since it can often lead to conversations with ppl, this would be their reasoning. A young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area with whom my wife and I spoke seemed to have a quiet joy at having gone for her tattoo parlor injecting, anyway. (Do you think it would be good in some ways if more Christians were prepared to work in tattoo parlors?)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

17 minutes ago, farouk said:

@coheir Thanks for your comment. All the young ppl with Bible verses tattooed that I have spoken with seem to have had their tattoo parlor session for witness tool purposes. Since it can often lead to conversations with ppl, this would be their reasoning. A young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area with whom my wife and I spoke seemed to have a quiet joy at having gone for her tattoo parlor injecting, anyway. (Do you think it would be good in some ways if more Christians were prepared to work in tattoo parlors?)

(Do you think it would be good in some ways if more Christians were prepared to work in tattoo parlors?)

I can not say if it would be good or bad I am not against it myself.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2023 at 4:32 AM, DeighAnn said:

I know I am super glad mine is not only tiny but hidden because it doesn't look at all like it did back in the day.  

@DeighAnn Do you totally regret yours now? or do you kind of regard it as part of your personal history of an experience you went through?

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 PS: You might want to check out theneedleparlor dot com and type in 'numbing cream' .

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.64
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, farouk said:

@DeighAnn Do you totally regret yours now? or do you kind of regard it as part of your personal history of an experience you went through?

No regrets, but it surely isn't as pretty as it once was...

Funny thing about it I don't remember the last time 'it came to mind' besides thinking of it in this forum...it's just like the rest of me, don't take notice unless it hurts...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

No regrets, but it surely isn't as pretty as it once was...

@DeighAnn Yes, well, seems like others who have posted on this site feel pretty much the same way as you do.

A while ago  godlywoman413 said:

"I have some tattoos that I had gotten as a younger person. Mine are not anything questionable; I have a tattoo that has my late husband's and my three children's names done in the form of a scroll with a cross in the middle of the scroll."

Godlywoman413 seems anyway to regard the inking as something that happened many years ago, but doesn't regret it; simply comfortable as a tattooed Godly woman who has moved on.

When my wife and I talked to someone with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on the wrist area, the person was a young woman and of course over the years life will move on forher, but she seemed to have joy in her inking and I'm guessing she won't ever lose that joy and regret her inking experience.

(Just guessing; but what do I know?)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

10 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

I was talking to my hairdresser the other day, I never even knew he had tattoos, they are all on the inside of his arm.

I asked him if they hurt, he said YES!..and they can take hours to do...I am now opting out.

I am a coward when it comes to pain....

only the inside arm is sensitive

On 2/22/2023 at 1:29 PM, coheir said:

(Do you think it would be good in some ways if more Christians were prepared to work in tattoo parlors?)

I can not say if it would be good or bad I am not against it myself.

@coheir I guess instead of the terms good or bad, the term 'effective' might fit; kind of for young ppl especially the first tattoo parlor visit at around 18 seems to have become an effective, practical way of expressing that they are comfortable as new adults.

There is a lot of scope for faith based designs (all the young ppl with whom I have spoken with Bible verses tattooed seem to have had them injected as witness tools) and for the young lady with the wording of John 3.16 on her wrist area that my wife and I talked with it seemed for her to be an effective way of expressing a strongly motivated joy in her faith, comfortable as an inked up new adult.

Mind you, for older relatives and friends who have known new adults as children, the realization that they have quickly grown up can cause them to be taken aback at first when they realize how the new adults are expressing themselves; the tattoo parlor can often be a catalyst for older Christians to understand vividly just how quickly the transition to adulthood has occurred. For the inkless girl that has seemingly suddenly become a tattooed new adult: the tattoo parlor has become a way of revealing how she has wished to express herself as a new adult.

You said you are "not against it" yourself; and I guess if one recognizes how a tattoo parlor is sometimes a chosen means in assisting the expression of that transition to new adulthood, then one need not be unduly alarmed when young adults pursue it. (If this makes any sense?)

Edited by farouk

@Neighbor "Ha my wife just asked, "Are you okay?!" I was looking evidently rather intently at both my arms thinking about where the tattoo could go. She got concerned I was having an issue of some kind. Guess I was at that."

So has she ever shown any interest in tattoos, faith based or otherwise?

@Jayne "I have no problems with tattoos and I am not denying that it happens."

One can maybe see therefore that, although some tattoos might indeed reflect addictive behavior, they do not necessarily reflect it: a judiciously placed faith based tattoo on a Christian man or woman might well reflect an earnest wish to express testimony sentiment, right?