• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,558
  • Content Per Day:  12.21
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, Marathoner said:

It's true, my friend. :)

There is something that is a greater concern to us than cussing, and that's what what issues from our tongues in general: discontent and grumbling... cursing or condemning others... statements which foment strife, alienating our neighbors... crude jesting... all of which may be delivered without a single cuss word.

A filthy tongue doesn't have to use "colorful" language in order to be filthy. We speak from the heart, so what we say is a reflection of the heart. 

James's Epistle has a lot to say about the tongue also.

I love Isaiah 50.4 also:

"The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned."

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,222
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

22 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, other one.

Well, it won't be me! :laugh:

I would say that the Ruwach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) of God must convince a person what is "unwholesome." Of course, that requires a person who will LISTEN to the Ruwach's persuasion.

When the Messiah returns, HE will speak and ALL will listen ... OR ELSE!

I hope people don't think I'm promoting using vulgar language, I'm just kind of brainstorming within myself as to the details of things.

For nearly ten years before I went to work for Xerox I was a Television Director/audio engineer.    I basically fed everything we transmitted into the transmitter.   There were seven words that should I somehow let go through my equipment and be aired on our station would have almost immediately cost me my job.   I had people I knew that happened to.           And I have always wondered who picked out those seven words for three of them were common language when I was young.

I don't have a real problem with not using those words, but I do have a problem with calling them sinful.

The Bible uses the word dung about 25 times, depending on the translation...   Until I was about 15 the common English word used by most people I was around started with an "S".     All of a sudden letting that word get by me would cost me not only a job, but probably a career.       And Oddly enough I could never find out who made that decision.

I have since then been interested in who gets to pick out what's sin and what's not in the area of religion.   Different churches have different views of where to draw lines.

I've just been a bit fascinated with who gets to decide what.

Oh, and I am married to a kindergarten teacher (retired) so there are a whole bunch of words I'm not allowed to use that might surprise you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

First I have two kids and lol know what you mean but He tells us in His word to let no corrupt, unwholesome talk, foul or abusive, profane, worthless, vulgar, hateful, dirty talk, evil speech, harmful language, talk ever come out, be heard from our mouth but that which is good, helpful, useful, good, good for building up of others so that it will give grace to the hearers. 

If we need more then on earth as it is in heaven. How is the talk there? Praise God glory to Jesus His will be done.. to that I can only say "Yes sir"

4 hours ago, TheBlade said:

let no corrupt, unwholesome talk, foul or abusive, profane, worthless, vulgar, hateful, dirty talk, evil speech, harmful language, talk ever come out, be heard from our mouth but that which is good, helpful, useful, good, good for building up of others so that it will give grace to the hearers. 

so, do I get to choose what what consists of these things, or does someone else?

When do we have to follow the "woke" people in what's offensive and what's not?

Best to just not to talk to most people for there is always someone around to take offense at just about anything we might say.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

Interesting isn’t it? I kinda got censured on this forum for using the word ‘blank’ in this thread in place of a cuss word.

I don’t think this is as cut and dried as some would say. It’s probably a heart issue that we need to work out on our own just like everything else in our faith

• Group:  Royal Member

On 2/13/2023 at 10:20 AM, OneLight said:

Is it the condition of the heart?

Luke 6:45

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Good and relevant verse there.........

On 2/13/2023 at 7:53 AM, Tristen said:

Many Christians fall into the trap of compromise under the guise of 'keeping it real' - erroneously thinking this will have a positive impact on their witness for Christ.

Though, to be fair, I've also found that, if I'm around people who swear a lot, my brain starts to slip into that pattern - and I have to check myself more often. I guess over time it can become increasingly easier to not have to check yourself. But at least they know enough that their swearing is disrespectful around you. Maybe it's a matter of how much time we spend with what type of people feeding into our life.

I'm reminded of Philippians 4.8; the influences we choose to be around will affect our minds.........

On 2/13/2023 at 4:50 PM, Sower said:

It's not wise to glory in past sin. Any average IQ understood the words you have "blanked" out. So you got them in anyway without breaking the rules. not cool. I do not judge you, for sure. Just offering light, Mije.. I've been there. Brother to brother.

"I don’t care anymore and I’ll do and say whatever I want.’

"But I didn’t necessarily feel like I was sinning"

You might want to think about what your saying before you click "submit reply"

Philippians 4.8 comes to mind......'think on these things...'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

I don’t get it- it’s like some read without context 😵💫😵💫😵💫

I maintain that I didn’t ‘sneak’ anything in and that I posted exactly what I meant to post- I felt a certain way at a certain time and described it the best I could- where is the foul?

Please, take the time to read the posts before maligning someone else, especially if you are going to tag a Bible verse onto the end of your wagging finger.