• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

On 2/20/2023 at 12:59 PM, FreeGrace said:

I wasn't referring to our resurrection, but death, when we are ushered into the presence of the Lord.  1 Cor 15:52-52 is about our resurrection.  All the dead saints will  come down to earth from heaven, and all the living believers will be caught up "in the clouds" or "in the air" to meet the Lord.  Since the resurrection of all believers is at the Second Advent (1 Cor 15:23) there will be no trip up to heaven, as the King will set up His MK and all believers, now in resurrection bodies, will be reigning with, or serving Him in His kingdom.  On earth.

Hi Brother

It would make an interesting Topic- and boy oh boy I can't wait to see CLEARLY and find out everything I know absolutely nothing about!Which is probably much more than I could imagine,lol!!!

Honestly,I won't be surprised to find out what I got wrong but I wonder how shocked some might be......🤔😵💫🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  252
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/11/1957

This subject causes many disputes & divisions among brethren ....simply bc one man got it wrong & convinced  others his interpretation was right.

It is a privilege to feel the drawing & convicting of the Spirit to repent, for it is NOT his will that any should perish.

The gift of salvation is free to as many as will believe, it is not bc God sees some as "elite" & others as dung. Be careful not to harden your hearts; remember it is deceitful 

Those who will SERVE in humility, realizing their unworthiness to receive, act in obedience to his calling, it is to HIS PURPOSE, in his will.

There are those whom say that they had NO CHOICE, blarney...God does not force himself on anyone! None of us are  "special" but we ALL must SUBMIT and be willing to walk on the path he directs !

How do we make our  "election & calling" sure?

This has been scripturally & spiritually explained.......if any lack understanding...then seek God.......He is the answer!

Great study for those willing to hear & grow!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/21/2023 at 10:11 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

This is quite interesting...that makes a lot of sense...

Someone had to give him birth in Bethlehem...and we have the Shepherds and the witness of the Angels...

If you are looking for someone else who was before the world was Created before the earthly time began where we do not know that and we do not have a record of that. From the record we have we can tell that the one who created everything and man it was not Jesus.  

To have Jesus we must have Abraham first...because Jesus was born among the Children of Abraham among the people of God, among the Nation of God...he was one of them..the woman who have him birth can testify about that and she can tell when she celebrated his first and second and third birthday....and so on..

I'm not looking for anyone other than the Word made flesh, who existed "in the form of God" (Phl. 2:6) and then stepped into our earthly realm of time and space so to speak, when He was born in Bethlehem.  :)

Heaven, the realm of the spirit, exists outside the realm of time and space.  I think there are many implications of this but not easy to grasp, and we only know in part.....who can fathom the Lord, He is so great!   But this is why the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, and why believers are foreknown by God....and I believe it's why Paul could write in the past tense truthfully when he wrote this:

Rom 8:30

Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, Keturah 123 said:

This subject causes many disputes & divisions among brethren ....simply bc one man got it wrong & convinced  others his interpretation was right.

It is a privilege to feel the drawing & convicting of the Spirit to repent, for it is NOT his will that any should perish.

The gift of salvation is free to as many as will believe, it is not bc God sees some as "elite" & others as dung. Be careful not to harden your hearts; remember it is deceitful 

Those who will SERVE in humility, realizing their unworthiness to receive, act in obedience to his calling, it is to HIS PURPOSE, in his will.

There are those whom say that they had NO CHOICE, blarney...God does not force himself on anyone! None of us are  "special" but we ALL must SUBMIT and be willing to walk on the path he directs !

This has been scripturally & spiritually explained.......if any lack understanding...then seek God.......He is the answer!

Amen....we need to balance out where it says God hardens who He will, against where it says He is willing that none should perish. 

God's ways are not man's ways.  Where He speaks of election and being chosen is not necessarily quite the same way that man thinks of it.  We are "elect according to the foreknowledge of God".  Same way it says in Acts that those who were "ordained to eternal life believed" (Acts 13:48).....based on God's foreknowledge, not that He is excluding truly willing souls from being saved.   But I believe it's in His overall sovereignty that "He hardens" those who are already hardened permanently against Him.  (Kind of like when bad things happen such as natural disasters, we know it is the devil working havoc, but we who believe acknowledge the Lord, that it is He in His sovereignty who is chastising or judging or whatever His purposes are in allowing it.)

It seems from what I can glean from scripture, that everything that will happen in the future in terms of earth time, is already like a done deal from God's eternal perspective not bound by the realm of time.   Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems to solve the conundrum with this topic as far as I can tell so far.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

22 hours ago, Keturah 123 said:

Beautifully said Keturah..... Indeed,God NEVER forces Himself on anyone..... I can't even imagine ,that would be possession,lol. ...Holy Spirit Will Not be Loosed unless we yield to Him by submission ....

Great post 👍

With love in Christ, Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,400
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

Just now, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Being chosen and birthed in the Spirit has got nothing to do with being possessed.

Those who think like this, imo, are thinking from their own human understanding ,and truly don’t understand what it means to be chosen by God..

Being Chosen is all over the Bible, this has been discussed over and over , certainly not getting in an argument over it. but I will NEVER deny that I was birthed in the Spirit, with no choice, as it happened according to God’s purpose and plan.

Those who believe they chose God, are going by their own personal experience, nothing can be proved either way.

So, on this forum there are those who say they chose God and those who said they were chosen...🙏💗

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 In Ephesians 2, Paul shows that God intervened in grace and love, 'even when ye were dead in sins...' :)

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Amen...we were made Alive with Christ....Birthed in the Spirit, supernatural act that only God,Through the Holy Spirit can do...in Jesus Name....Amen!!

Only the Lord can open eyes and ears,😉

Ephesians 2

New International Version

Made Alive in Christ

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christand seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved,through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Jew and Gentile Reconciled Through Christ

11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

@Rosie1jack2pauline3 It's a tremendously searching chapter............. :)

2 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Amen!!

Also very powerful scripture that speaks straight to the 💗.....Praise God for our Precious Holy Spirit!....an amazing act of Love and Mercy, that we truly DID NOT, deserve!..🙏💗

@Rosie1jack2pauline3

"Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
  But yet in love He sought me,
And on His shoulder gently laid,
  And home rejoicing brought me." (Henry Williams Baker)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.21
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Being Chosen is all over the Bible

Of course it is.  That's never been an issue.  At issue is to WHAT God chooses FOR.  And every verse that gives the reason, it is for service.  Every time.

I will NEVER deny that I was birthed in the Spirit, with no choice, as it happened according to God’s purpose and plan.

I don't think any believer will deny that every believer has been "birthed in the Spirig".  When the gospel is presented, the ONLY issue is whether to believe what God says.  That's trust.  And on THAT basis, God "saves those who believe", per 1 Cor 1:21.

Those who believe they chose God, are going by their own personal experience, nothing can be proved either way.

No one "chooses God".  They trust in what He says about His Son.  Are you aware that in EVERYTHING you believe, you chose to believe it?

So, on this forum there are those who say they chose God and those who said they were chosen...🙏💗

Can you point me to any post where a poster said that they chose God?

Thanks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  252
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/11/1957

Screenshot_20230223-1039212.png.b3c9217a6e24142c7e6a5c666b1404cb.pngScreenshot_20230223-1039422.png.2c3ae8f0b9a8f94053d5da43e180c93f.png

Edited by Keturah 123