• Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,010
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

31 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi teddyv,

You are right, they are contradictory positions. You see no Christian says he is a believer and he is `celibrate.` The word `celibrate` is there is be associated with the word `gay.`  Now there is no such thing as a `gay Christian.` There are people who were `gay,` but have turned from their sin and are now new creations in Christ. 

They could say I was a gay person but now I am a Christian. 

To say he is a `gay Christian` and is , is to have people accept that a `gay` person is always a `gay` person even though a Christian.

It is subtle, confusing and down righit wrong.

Celibate, no r in it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,278
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

Thanks for sharing this with us, @Marilyn C. I haven't paid any attention to whatever is going on at that place. Interesting. 

I've never understood the importance of "revivals" but then again, I wasn't brought up in the churches. It appears to me that, defining our relationship with the Lord by emotional states and emotional experiences, there are some who crave the ecstasy of emotional catharsis. 

I agree with @Michael37's understanding of revival (related to discipleship). If we're in need of "revival" by the Lord, rest assured that He's capable of waking us up. In my experience, this is the fruit of trial and tribulation I've endured:

Being conformed to the image of Christ by the Spirit from glory to glory. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,278
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi teddyv,

You are right, they are contradictory positions. You see no Christian says he is a believer and he is `celibrate.` The word `celibrate` is there is be associated with the word `gay.`  Now there is no such thing as a `gay Christian.` There are people who were `gay,` but have turned from their sin and are now new creations in Christ. 

They could say I was a gay person but now I am a Christian. 

To say he is a `gay Christian` and is celibrate, is to have people accept that a `gay` person is always a `gay` person even though a Christian.

It is subtle, confusing and down right wrong.

Indeed. 

"To the idiotic saints, greetings."

No.

"To the worldly saints, greetings."

Nope. We are either disciples of Jesus Christ, or we are not.

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,226
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Celibate, no r in it.

Thanks Michael.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

These issues are certainly debatable. It is quite possible that the young man is same-sex attracted and not ashamed of it. I agree with @teddyv that same-sex attraction is not inherently sinful, but I believe acting upon those attractions is. If he is indeed not sinning, but calling himself a "gay Christian", could it not mean that he simply accepts his same-sex attraction?

Maybe it is reasonable and in-line with scriptural teaching to let God be the judge of this person.

James 4:11-12

Matthew 7:1-5

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, one.opinion said:

These issues are certainly debatable. It is quite possible that the young man is same-sex attracted and not ashamed of it. I agree with @teddyv that same-sex attraction is not inherently sinful, but I believe acting upon those attractions is. If he is indeed not sinning, but calling himself a "gay Christian", could it not mean that he simply accepts his same-sex attraction?

Maybe it is reasonable and in-line with scriptural teaching to let God be the judge of this person.

James 4:11-12

Matthew 7:1-5

Jesus put the bar pretty low for sin, including just thinking about it. It's about the heart.  Of course, this is why we all need the savior Jesus. 

Matthew 5: 27-28 (NLT) 27 “You have heard the commandment that says, ‘You must not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

11 hours ago, Sparks said:

Jesus put the bar pretty low for sin, including just thinking about it. It's about the heart.  Of course, this is why we all need the savior Jesus. 

Matthew 5: 27-28 (NLT) 27 “You have heard the commandment that says, ‘You must not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Yes, clearly true. However, I would suggest that lustful thinking is sin regardless if it is homosexual or heterosexual. So again, I would hesitate to judge an entire campus of revival by one celibate person with same sex attraction. I would be much more interested in the stories if changed lives six months or a year later, but it is unlikely those stories will receive any attention.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

When Jesus sat with the tax collectors and sinners, the Pharisees were quick to point out what they saw as wrong, and Jesus replied ...

“Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.  I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.” (Luke 5:31-32)

If there are no sinners among us, what then are we to do but become puffed up?  What did Jesus tell us all to do?

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Find sinners, disciple them, baptize them and teach them.

If revivals do not attract sinners, then it is not a revival.