• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

I've a lot to think about.

I think condifing in the matter privately with friends would still be okay. Perhaps even friends you have made on here via DM. 

But look to Yahweh and the Word throughout this hard time. Endure with patience, long-suffering and hope - never ceasing to pray for your husband each day with a fervent heart. Scriptures shows us that it's this that makes mountains move and it really does. 

I was in a similar situation with my wife and after praying for her day and night for years, each day, the Lord open the eyes of her heart. And I have the same faith that this can happen for you as well. Definitely. 

Again... trust in Him and His goodness. Brave all these trials with quiet endurance, peaceful patience and soft love. And always, always hope and pray continually for your husband (don't stay down cast).

Peace to you my friend. May Yahweh give you wisdom, strength, determination, courage and peace. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

1 Cor. 7:  13-14.

13, And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 

14, For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  466
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

12 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

I think condifing in the matter privately with friends would still be okay. Perhaps even friends you have made on here via DM. 

But look to Yahweh and the Word throughout this hard time. Endure with patience, long-suffering and hope - never ceasing to pray for your husband each day with a fervent heart. Scriptures shows us that it's this that makes mountains move and it really does. 

I was in a similar situation with my wife and after praying for her day and night for years, each day, the Lord open the eyes of her heart. And I have the same faith that this can happen for you as well. Definitely. 

Again... trust in Him and His goodness. Brave all these trials with quiet endurance, peaceful patience and soft love. And always, always hope and pray continually for your husband (don't stay down cast).

Peace to you my friend. May Yahweh give you wisdom, strength, determination, courage and peace. 

Thank you. I feel like the enemy has been whispering a lot of lies in my ear and I have been listening to these and getting led astray by worldly influences from feminists on a parenting forum I'm on. I've been repenting of all of this. 

You are so right about prayer. I've been praying this morning. 

I don't know who to DM on here. Any ladies who would be happy to chat in private about wifely matters?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

8 hours ago, Thewhitedove said:

Thank you. I feel like the enemy has been whispering a lot of lies in my ear and I have been listening to these and getting led astray by worldly influences from feminists on a parenting forum I'm on. I've been repenting of all of this. 

You are so right about prayer. I've been praying this morning. 

I don't know who to DM on here. Any ladies who would be happy to chat in private about wifely matters?

Are you in a group of Christians you fellowship with regularly? I'm thinking of your spirit and whether you are being nourished of the Lord on a continual basis.  We all are members of His body, so we are connected to others in spirit, and without this ongoing connection we can easily fall prey to the enemy's lies.

Christ is in you, so you are more equipped to handle this than you perhaps know - lean on Him to be your life and patience and love and hope.

BTW - in my late 30s & early 40s I backslid into weekend binge drinking (I was quite responsible through the week) and I wound-up in several dangerous and unflattering situations.  But the Lord is merciful and faithful and brought me out of that.  Your love and patience with your husband (not saying you shouldn't lovingly be firm & honest with him), along with prayer and trusting in the Lord for ultimate results will be salvation to your husband.

I'm curious - did you marry him as a believer, or did you get saved afterward?  (feel free to PM me if you don't have the peace to post openly about this)

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Are you in a group of Christians you fellowship with regularly? I'm thinking of your spirit and whether you are being nourished of the Lord on a continual basis.  We all are members of His body, so we are connected to others in spirit, and without this ongoing connection we can easily fall prey to the enemy's lies.

Christ is in you, so you are more equipped to handle this than you perhaps know - lean on Him to be your life and patience and love and hope.

BTW - in my late 30s & early 40s I backslid into weekend binge drinking (I was quite responsible through the week) and I wound-up in several dangerous and unflattering situations.  But the Lord is merciful and faithful and brought me out of that.  Your love and patience with your husband (not saying you shouldn't lovingly be firm & honest with him), along with prayer and trusting in the Lord for ultimate results will be salvation to your husband.

I'm curious - did you marry him as a believer, or did you get saved afterward?  (feel free to PM me if you don't have the peace to post openly about this)

No I'm not. Our church dissolved after covid. It was the only doctrinally sound English speaking church where I live and it is no more. I'm was in a Bible study but can't go to it any more. I'm slipping more and more into apathy.

I got saved few years after I got married. My husband wanted to bring me to see a psychiatrist as he thought I'd lost my mind! 

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Content Per Day:  6.16
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

3 minutes ago, Thewhitedove said:

No I'm not. Our church dissolved after covid. It was the only doctrinally sound English speaking church where I live and it is no more. I'm was in a Bible study but can't go to it any more. I'm slipping more and more into apathy.

I got saved few years after I got married. My husband wanted to bring me to see a psychiatrist as he thought I'd lost my mind! 

Wow - that's tough!  My life support is getting together with believers a number of times throughout the week.  Sometimes it's just a couple of others, but it's still very much my "life support."

Praying for you sister, that the Lord would bring some into your circle to get into the word and fellowship with in a healthy way - that you may be nourished in spirit.

1 hour ago, Vine Abider said:

Wow - that's tough!  My life support is getting together with believers a number of times throughout the week.  Sometimes it's just a couple of others, but it's still very much my "life support."

Praying for you sister, that the Lord would bring some into your circle to get into the word and fellowship with in a healthy way - that you may be nourished in spirit.

Thank you. God has blessed me with a good Christian friend and my childhood best friend got saved 6 months after me, but she is in a similar position to me. Married to a non believer and pretty isolated. It's a lonely walk at times but God is good 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

1 hour ago, Thewhitedove said:

Thank you. God has blessed me with a good Christian friend and my childhood best friend got saved 6 months after me, but she is in a similar position to me. Married to a non believer and pretty isolated. It's a lonely walk at times but God is good 

Hi @Thewhitedove Some of our personal circumstances differ very widely; but for all of us how vital are daily prayer and Scripture reading.

An aspiration to pursue Acts 2.42 activities where gathering possibilities permit is also of great value.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Content Per Day:  12.14
  • Days Won:  31

On 2/27/2023 at 6:10 PM, HAZARD said:

1 Cor. 7:  13-14.

13, And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. 

14, For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. 

Relevant verses there...........

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

May I inject that this thread brought immediate recall of a movie, a Christian movie from  the Kendricks Brothers titled "War Room"

for it's very pointed directive to tactics and strategies to use in similar situations.

If the movie is available on DVD  in your areas I highly recommend having a copy and playing it and then watching it together with one's spouse, perhaps after praying about it .

It is my absolutely favorite movie! For it's reveal of strategies especially in dealing with marital problems.