• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, FJK said:

John 6:54  " Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day."

Two things seem to be addressed in this, eating the body and blood (which I have no problem with as symbolically representative) and being raised up on the last day which I'm having trouble in terms of it it also symbolic or literal in its meaning.

In either event, does it have any relation to Revelation and the events and timeline of events there or is it carrying a different and unrelated meaning separate from it?  Are they referring to different things, or to the same thing?

The reference to the last day..that on the last day God will raise up all the dead...

This is what the people believe at that time.

They believe that there will be a resurrection of all the dead and that God will Judge all of them accordingly...no need to go into more details..

The key principle was that there was a last day for the earth....when everything will be destroy...the end of life on earth...that God cannot Judge the people before that day that God has to waite for that day...

They did believe that God was Judging the people individually and corporately..when he wanted..but it was also the Last Day of Judgment...when there will not be any human alive...when all humans are dead...because there will be only one such a Judgment the judgement of all people and when all people are dead and no one is left alive...

This must be the prerequisite condition for this last judgment....

These were the beliefs of the people at that time with the exception of the beliefs of the sect of the Seduces who did not believe in life after death..or something similar...

Jesus had to work with their beliefs...His intent at that time it was to teach them the truth at that time which time for the truth came later when he taught about that his disciples privately...in the later chapters of John's Gospel...

Jesus intent in John 6:53-56: was to this part of their beliefs....they believe God will Judge all people the Last Day

And before the Judgement of all people the resurrection of the dead will take place...of all people will be a physical resurrection...this what they believed and Jesus spoke to them according to what they believed...( they did not ask questions that time....to fill in the blanks) it was taboo to ask questions and Life could be very lonely if one did not joint the crowd and without questioning the elders...

***that time Jesus told them something...first he told them that that they day will come where like wild animals won't find their peace unless they devoured him...putting him to death with a strong passion and feelings...of believing that they do the will of God because they wanted something from the Messiah of God...something that Jesus won't give them...the earthly Kingdom which had to come with the punishment of the Romans. 

***More specifically Jesus said to them that the ones who will eat my flesh and drink my blood...those I will raise up on the last day...he was not talking including all the dead of the world but those who will eat of his body and drink of his blood ...those he said will raise up on the last day...Jesus said something very strange to them...he talked to them in a languages that first he has to die but later he said he will raise them up that day!!

Jesus is talking as if he was not dead even though first he said that they will put him to death...that he died....and later he said something as if he was not dead...as if he was alive and he will raise those who ate and drink his blood and Jesus said THAT DAY and not the last day...

This is what he said to them at that time....

He kept many other things for later on...for another day..

So Jesus was not talking about the last day according to the beliefs of the people but Jesus said: I will raise them up THAT DAY...

He did not specified or draw the details at that time...about that even and he did not say more about THAT DAY. not at that time...

But the question he left with that statement it was that their beliefs about the Last Days Judgment as they believed it at that time were in question....because in their beliefs they did not include what Jesus had just told them...

I said that for those who believe in Jesus Christ...not to those who do not believe and do not accept what Jesus said to them at that time...

Jesus was not speaking of the Last Day of human life on earth and their belief that on that Day God will raised up all the dead physically and will Judge all people for their final judgment and their place for eternity...

That's what the people believed and many others things....

But Jesus said that he will raised up...he will be the one to raised up those who partook of his flesh and his blood....this Jesus said to show how he will die and not that will happen to him literally because we know that it did not happen...

And we know that if Jesus did not die the Eternal Life cannot come to people who believe in him....

We also had the show-bread on the Table before the Lord which was a Holy bread and only the Priests were allowed to eat from it because they were Holy...that made the Priests very careful not to eat the bread in their condemnation if they did not meet the criteria for the required State of Holiness...as in the book of Leviticus...and if they did it was not for a blessing but for their contemnation....

Paul perhaps he took it too far when he spoke those words....relating the supper of the Lord with the Priest and the Show-bread...

Because the Passover Lamb was asking the people to partake of it without that contemnation in place...was asking everyone in the families of the Jews to partake without exception...everyone who was in the Covenant of Sinai...

In Jesus Christ there is not contemnation only a reminder of what Jesus Christ did on that day on the last supper and then he followed up to make it happen with his obedience to God to give his life for us and die on the Cross...what he said that day on the last supper he made it come to pass when he died on the Cross...

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  351
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0

Beloved ones, you ask how we may understand what our Lord said :

“Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6‬:‭54‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This is what we have also heard our Lord Himself said: 

“And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he THAT COMETH TO ME shall never hunger; and he THAT BELIEVETH ON ME shall never thirst.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6‬:‭35‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That we understand he that eateth the Lord’s flesh is he THAT COME TO HIM.

That we understand he drinketh the Lord’s blood is he THAT BELIEVETH ON HIM. 

Paraphrasing for clarity on John 6:54

Whosever come to the Lord, and he that believe on Him, have eternal life and He will raise him up at the last day. 

To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen