• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Topics Per Day:  1.36
  • Content Count:  3,893
  • Content Per Day:  7.13
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  02/18/1956

Where does this fit in the last days timeline?

Ezekiel 20:33-38 As I live, says the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you says the Lord God. I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Mr. M said:

Ezekiel 20:33-38 As I live, says the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you says the Lord God. I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord.

It fits at the doorway.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

1 hour ago, Mr. M said:

Ezekiel chapter 20 is nothing more than Israel in the 7th year of the Babylonian Captivity, and prophecy on their return to Israel/Jerusalem, fulfilled "Long Ago" in the rebuilding of the temple in 536BC

Ezekiel 20:1KJV

1 And it came to pass in the seventh year, in the fifth month, the tenth day of the month, that certain of the elders of Israel came to enquire of the Lord, and sat before me.

21 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

Ezekiel chapter 20 is nothing more than Israel in the 7th year of the Babylonian Captivity, and prophecy on their return to Israel/Jerusalem, fulfilled "Long Ago" in the rebuilding of the temple in 536BC

Ezekiel 20:1KJV

1 And it came to pass in the seventh year, in the fifth month, the tenth day of the month, that certain of the elders of Israel came to enquire of the Lord, and sat before me.

The Babylonian captivity was the house of Judah, in Babylon, not dispersed as Israel. Ez. 19 & 20 prophesies to the house of Israel.

26 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out.

Not the Babylonian captivity.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  144
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The millennial rod of iron

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

On 3/26/2023 at 7:05 AM, Mr. M said:

The Babylonian captivity was the house of Judah, in Babylon, not dispersed as Israel. Ez. 19 & 20 prophesies to the house of Israel.

Not the Babylonian captivity.

God always sees the remnant as representative of His whole people. Mordecai and Esther are comfortable in Babylon. They have no interest in God's Land, God's City and God's House. They belong to the 97% who refused to go back and build their God His long-desired House. God looks after them, but neither God nor His Name is mentioned in the Book of Esther. But Ezra and his followers, the 48,000 from Babylon with God's desire as their desire - are called ISRAEL although they were Judah (Ezra 2:2 etc. etc.).

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,398
  • Content Per Day:  12.19
  • Days Won:  31

22 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

God always sees the remnant as representative of His whole people. Mordecai and Esther are comfortable in Babylon. They have no interest in God's Land, God's City and God's House. They belong to the 97% who refused to go back and build their God His long-desired House. God looks after them, but neither God nor His Name is mentioned in the Book of Esther. But Ezra and his followers, the 48,000 from Babylon with God's desire as their desire - are called ISRAEL although they were Judah (Ezra 2:2 etc. etc.).

@AdHoc I do love the theme of the faithful remnant:

"Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name." (Malachi 3.16)

Malachi isn't specifically referring to the church there, though.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

8 minutes ago, farouk said:

"Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name." (Malachi 3.16)

Well said. The Church was not yet revealed, but the lesson is nevertheless profound. There as a contingent of God's people who were really inspired and affectionate with their God. It is just so today. My team often had young women in it. They spoke on any theme that came up, but somehow they always landed back on their fiancé. They were in love and there was really only one thing in their brains - the fiancé. Now, we Christians are espoused to THE Fiancé of the universe, but few ever speak about Him. Many Assemblies have tea or coffee together after the meeting. Have you ever heard them discussing the Darling of Heaven? Football results ... yes. Joe's new car ... yes. But Jesus .... ??

Let us be that REMNANT of Malachi!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

20 minutes ago, farouk said:

I think it is helpful when we consider that God’s dealing with men has always been by Grace…..always.

Thinking like this when reading the entire record as a continuity rather than disjointed periods.

John 1:17 For the Law was given by Moses, but Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ.

Daniel 9:

11 Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him. 

12 And He has confirmed His words, which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us, by bringing upon us a great disaster; for under the whole heaven such has never been done as what has been done to Jerusalem.

13 As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us; yet we have not made our prayer before the Lord our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth. 

14 Therefore the Lord has kept the disaster in mind, and brought it upon us; for the Lord our God is righteous in all the works which He does, though we have not obeyed His voice. 

15 And now, O Lord our God, who brought Your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and made Yourself a name, as it is this day—we have sinned, we have done wickedly!

16 O Lord, according to all Your righteousness, I pray, let Your anger and Your fury be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people are a reproach to all those around us.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”