R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

From what I read, between the two gulf wars we shot about 2,000 tons of Uranium in Iraq.   When those shells hit thier target they eventually burn and turn into dust.  This dust stays radioactive for a very long time.   The radiation it emits does not penetrate our skin very well, but it is devastating when it is ingested or breathed in.  It gets caught in the air sacks in our lungs and causes all kinds of problems.  It causes birth defects

Because of the climate there the dust is stirred up in the wind storms so it really doesn't get caught into the soil so it stays a problem for decades.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,340
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

Right, which is why particulate uranium poisoning is a grave problem associated with that ordnance. It affects folks living in the ME as well as our own military personnel. 

My late father worked around uranium both in the equipment he used and also serviced; the AN-GRC 106 radio system contained uranium (a radioactive symbol was attached to elements that contained it). I operated that set myself while I was in, but I wasn't around the stuff like my father was for 30 years. 

My father seemed to show all the symptoms of Alzheimers during the last decade of his life, but an autopsy after he passed away revealed the culprit: vascular dementia, caused by impaired blood flow to the brain. Vascular dementia is a known result of particulate uranium exposure. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

Happy are the innocent toddlers who died in the war earlier as they did not see all the bloodshed brutality under this sun.