• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.38
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

As I understand, a big problem has been the hinderance to conducting effective archeology under the temple mount, because of Muslim restrictions.  But also the temple was left "not one stone on another" as Jesus predicted, and as historians of the day recorded in 70 AD. (this is another reason why the Wailing Wall can't be part of the Jewish temple)

One thing I'm sure of, God knows exactly where it was and when his will is that it is rebuilt it will be done no matter how, by what means, Men will choose to use in fulfilling that will.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.43
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

As I understand, a big problem has been the hinderance to conducting effective archeology under the temple mount, because of Muslim restrictions.  But also the temple was left "not one stone on another" as Jesus predicted, and as historians of the day recorded in 70 AD. (this is another reason why the Wailing Wall can't be part of the Jewish temple)

Yup..and history seems to confirm this. Lots of gold was extracted from the burned ruins. Must have been quite a thing to see and then how the large cut stones were re-purposed as surely they were.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  208
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,522
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

51 minutes ago, FJK said:

One thing I'm sure of, God knows exactly where it was and when his will is that it is rebuilt it will be done no matter how, by what means, Men will choose to use in fulfilling that will.

So many interesting things surrounding the temple - both the old and the one to be rebuilt. But if God's not in this temple, then why would He have much stake in where it is placed exactly?  I don't know.  In any case, the Jews would have to be convinced it's in the right place (whether or not it actually is).

10 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

So many interesting things surrounding the temple - both the old and the one to be rebuilt. But if God's not in this temple, then why would He have much stake in where it is placed exactly?  I don't know.  In any case, the Jews would have to be convinced it's in the right place (whether or not it actually is).

Personally, I do not think the Lord is about a new temple at this point in my understanding; nevertheless allevents in that part of the world are interesting to me.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  208
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,522
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

33 minutes ago, Alive said:

Personally, I do not think the Lord is about a new temple at this point in my understanding; nevertheless allevents in that part of the world are interesting to me.

If you think about it, here they will go in building a temple, based upon something that was abandoned by God 2000 years ago.  And on top of it, He sent His only Son to die in order to inaugurate a new covenant, which the builders (Jews) rejected.  So another physical temple will really be quite the insult!

So God then gives them over to a strong delusion and the devil facilitates that with the anti-christ bringing about the treaty.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Vine Abider said:

If you think about it, here they will go in building a temple, based upon something that was abandoned by God 2000 years ago.  And on top of it, He sent His only Son to die in order to inaugurate a new covenant, which the builders (Jews) rejected.  So another physical temple will really be quite the insult!

So God then gives them over to a strong delusion and the devil facilitates that with the anti-christ bringing about the treaty.

For myself, the rending of the temple vail was an important occurence. The Father did that. It sigified an opening to a new holy place reality and how God determined an entirely new way of fellowship and worship. That made any physical temple and everything associated with it…obsolete. Some christians think that the sacrifices will be re-instituted and that God will honor those for sins sake.

This is a thing I find very difficult.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think the current owner of the temple mount will allow it?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

2 hours ago, FJK said:

It is not Gods will for the temple to be rebuilt, any sacrifice by Gods chosen people will be an abomination and in my opinion the abomination that causes desolation

Look at the second temple, it wasn't the romans that entered the temple that was the abomination the caused the desolation. It was because the Jews had Gods only Son crucified, they crucified their messiah. That's what caused the desolation.

Look at the first temple, it wasn't Antiochus who caused the desolation, he was the result of the abomination, which was the idolatry. Idolatry  was being committed in the temple and outside the temple. Ezekiel sees the glory of God leaving the temple, because of Idolatry. 

The first temple, the priests bring idols into temple and worship them. which is an abomination to the Lord, causing its desolation

The second temple, the Jews kill the creator of the universe, which was an abomination to the Lord causing its desolation.

The 3rd temple if built and sacrifice begins it will be the abomination that causes desolation, not the anti Christ. The anti Christ will be the result, just like in Daniel. Antiochus was not the cause but the result of idol worship and the antichrist will be the result of sacrifice

• Interesting! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

Sure,  it is true that God dwells in his people (born again) as his temple during the church age.

1 Cor. 3:16-17

2 Cor. 6:16

Eph. 2:22

1 Pet. 2:5

It is also true that in Rev. 21:1-3 we read, “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.  I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.  And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look!  God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them.  They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.”

Notice that God will be “with” his people and not in them after the new heaven and new earth is introduced.

Also, look at Rev. 21:22.  “I did not see a temple in the city because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are it’s temple.”

This verse states clearly that there is no temple there.  There is no mention of a built temple there or a spiritual temple of believers in which God lives.  Jesus is the temple for the rest of eternity after this point.

God lives in the temple of the believer’s body while on the first earth but He lives “with” all believers and he is their God after the new heaven and the new earth, because at this point and after, he is the only temple in eternity.

• Interesting! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.38
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Vine Abider said:

But if God's not in this temple, then why would He have much stake in where it is placed exactly?

I would think it has to do with perfect fulfillment the prophecies surrounding it, anything not truly authentic would be a counterfeit and Satan is the master of counterfeiting of what God gives us to draw us away from God and into his plan instead.   Whatever God gives, Satan also offers as a counterfeit to deceive us.

That's just the way I think about it, I'm certainly nothing that's even on the fringes of being a biblical scholar and my views coult be in total error.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1