JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,652
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

There are those who believe the traditional Friday - Sunday death burial and resurrection of the LORD Jesus is not in keeping with scripture:

Matthew 12:39–40 (KJV)
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Early Roman scholars concluded with the Friday - Sunday time frame based on their limited knowledge of the Jewish feasts beginning with a Sabbath. They mistook the reference to the Sabbath and preparation day in several verses to mean Friday (the 6th day of the week). And though the resurrection of the LORD had already taken place and was later discovered early on the first day of the week (Sunday), it was also their mistake in presuming the resurrection did not take place until early Sunday morning. They also did not take into account that early Sunday on the Hebrew calendar is Saturday night at sunset on the Roman calendar.

Some scholars since have adjusted their beliefs (in accord with a literal Sunday resurrection) that Jesus died on Thursday and rose on Sunday morning (three days and two nights).

What is more likely (I will say it like this, for the sake of argument) is the 10th of Nisan took place on a Saturday Sabbath that year (when the Pascal lamb was to be chosen) and when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the foal of a donkey (traditional Palm Sunday... Palm Saturday Sabbath more than likely). Jesus kept what some refer to as Galilean (Passover) Seder on Tuesday night (early Wednesday in Hebrew). Galilean Seder helped with the over crowding in the Holy City, but it actually stemmed from a slight ambiguity in the instructions as to when to hold the Seder (for two feasts, the feast of unleavened bread 14 Nisan and the barely harvest 15 Nisan). Official Israel combined  the two on 15 Nisan as they do to this day. Poor Jews and Jews from other lands who went up to Jerusalem often kept Galilean Seder.

This was a brilliant way on God's part to make it so the LORD Jesus and his disciples could keep Passover that year (Tuesday night), and for Yeshua Jesus to be crucified on the day the Pascal lamb was sacrificed (Wednesday), and for his burial to take place before the official Seder commenced (Wednesday night) ← early Thursday in Hebrew reckoning.

Wednesday night (1)

Thursday (1)

Thursday night (2)

Friday (2)

Friday night (3)

Saturday (3)

Three  days three nights.

And Yeshua Jesus rose from the grave on 17 Nisan Saturday Sabbath (between the evenings) as Sunday began (sunset Saturday night) to be discovered by the women after that sunset.

Today is Wednesday.

Happy Galilean Passover.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you for sharing this. What you said is very true. Wednesday is 'Good Wednesday', and a Friday afternoon crucifixion is numerically impossible IF Jesus was in the heart of the earth 3 DAYS and 3 NIGHTS as Jesus said He would do.

I have been saying this for the last 15 years, and most Christians do not want to talk about it, much less believe it. It messes with their tradition too much . . . . 

SO . . . where does that leave me?  Well, I like to talk about it, IF people are receptive, but I have learned over the years that those who cannot (or will not) consider the Passover as an 'high holy sabbath' (different from the weekly sabbath) just don't like to be 'messed-with'.  It disproves their tradition and they do not like that for sure. So, I am not contentious about this, at least they believe in Jesus' death-burial-resurrection, EVEN if they get the timing wrong.

HOWEVER, this does become important when unbelieving sceptics do the math and use the traditional Friday crucifixion to claim that the Bible is false because you cannot have 3 days and nights with a Friday cross, and they therefore conclude that Jesus is not who we say He is.

Thank you for posting this, not all here will appreciate this, but I am delighted to read it.

Grace and Peace . . . 

Ray . . . . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,049
  • Content Per Day:  3.32

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

There are those who believe the traditional Friday - Sunday death burial and resurrection of the LORD Jesus is not in keeping with scripture:

Matthew 12:39–40 (KJV)
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Early Roman scholars concluded with the Friday - Sunday time frame based on their limited knowledge of the Jewish feasts beginning with a Sabbath. They mistook the reference to the Sabbath and preparation day in several verses to mean Friday (the 6th day of the week). And though the resurrection of the LORD had already taken place and was later discovered early on the first day of the week (Sunday), it was also their mistake in presuming the resurrection did not take place until early Sunday morning. They also did not take into account that early Sunday on the Hebrew calendar is Saturday night at sunset on the Roman calendar.

Some scholars since have adjusted their beliefs (in accord with a literal Sunday resurrection) that Jesus died on Thursday and rose on Sunday morning (three days and two nights).

What is more likely (I will say it like this, for the sake of argument) is the 10th of Nisan took place on a Saturday Sabbath that year (when the Pascal lamb was to be chosen) and when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the foal of a donkey (traditional Palm Sunday... Palm Saturday Sabbath more than likely). Jesus kept what some refer to as Galilean (Passover) Seder on Tuesday night (early Wednesday in Hebrew). Galilean Seder helped with the over crowding in the Holy City, but it actually stemmed from a slight ambiguity in the instructions as to when to hold the Seder (for two feasts, the feast of unleavened bread 14 Nisan and the barely harvest 15 Nisan). Official Israel combined  the two on 15 Nisan as they do to this day. Poor Jews and Jews from other lands who went up to Jerusalem often kept Galilean Seder.

This was a brilliant way on God's part to make it so the LORD Jesus and his disciples could keep Passover that year (Tuesday night), and for Yeshua Jesus to be crucified on the day the Pascal lamb was sacrificed (Wednesday), and for his burial to take place before the official Seder commenced (Wednesday night) ← early Thursday in Hebrew reckoning.

Wednesday night (1)

Thursday (1)

Thursday night (2)

Friday (2)

Friday night (3)

Saturday (3)

Three  days three nights.

And Yeshua Jesus rose from the grave on 17 Nisan Saturday Sabbath (between the evenings) as Sunday began (sunset Saturday night) to be discovered by the women after that sunset.

Today is Wednesday.

Happy Galilean Passover.

Wednesday fits perfectly. But there is one aspect which is almost always missed. In Matthew 10:28 the Lord alludes to the consequences of going against men, and the consequences of going against God. We know that martyrdom is the ultimate price but God plainly states that it is not. The ultimate price is what God can do to do in Gehenna. And Gehenna, the Second Death is agony of of living man who loses BOTH the well-being of his BODY and his SOUL. Now, if our Lord was to pay for what is due to men, then what happened to His BODY was secondary to what happened to His SOUL. Do not misunderstand me. What happened medically to our Lord is the horror of horrors. But He had to pay with the loss of His SOUL.

And so, shortly after the beginning of he Passover, Jesus cries out; "my SOUL is sorrowful unto DEATH." And He sweated blood. This seldom observed medical condition is caused by extreme duress. Bible scholars accord Jesus with agonizing crucifixion at 9 a.m. the following morning but often forget the terror and agony of the Garden of Gethsemane. Jesus Christ fulfilled Matthew 10:28 and God said, "fear it".

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,948
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

Amen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Besides those proofs already shown, there is one very simple calculation.

The Passach Lamb had to be taken in and examined for blemishes for four days (Exodus 12:1-6). Our Lord would not have entered Jerusalem on a Sabbath, nor would the crowds have risked breaking the Sabbath in front of the Pharisees. So our Lord's triumphal entry on an ass would have been on the first day of the week. John 12 gives a simple timeline. The coming of Jesus to Bethany SIX days before the Passover. The next day would start at sundown, so the "supper" would have been the next day. And then "the next day" was a the day in which our Lord was received as King. Unwittingly, the crowd was not receiving their King but the Pascal Lamb.

Four days would take it to a Wednesday. But this is not decisive by itself. Thankfully, it does not stand by itself. Christ was the fulfillment of the "Wave Offering"  which depicts His ultra-important resurrection and presentation of Himself in heaven that same day - as He told Mary at the tomb. The "Wave Offering" is "on the morrow after the Sabbath" - a Sunday for us. Work back the three days and three nights of Matthew 12:40 from there, and you land on a Wednesday. Working forward according to the Law of Moses and working backward according to His Heavenly Priesthood, BOTH set us down on a Wednesday.

Now only two questions remain to be answered;
1. If the matter is so simple, why does the Roman Church, who had access to all the learned ones for a thousand years, insist on Friday?
2. If the matter has been so clearly demonstrated, why will Rome not correct themselves.

The answer must lie in their calculation of Easter. The day that our Lord was murdered is of no importance to Rome. What is important is the first Sunday, after the first full moon, after the Spring Equinox (northern hemisphere) - the lewd and raunchy feast to Ishtar the fertility goddess.

Is not this fully pagan and fleshly feast celebrated by the whole of false Christendom AND the true Christians. "A little LEAVEN leavens the WHOLE LUMP."

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,630
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

44 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

Is not this fully pagan and fleshly feast celebrated by the whole of false Christendom AND the true Christians.

No it is not. But the Easter egg hunts are kinda funny (when ya think about it).  Get set, on your mark, go! Chase down those eggs.

But does that cause one to worship, Ushtar as a goddess? No it doesn't. Nor are Christians crucifying Christ again and again by remembering Yeshua in the manner he prescribed so simply saying do this as often as you do....

It is fine to look for accuracy in the Bible, for it is there to be found, but it is counter productive to describe all that have not earned a common conclusion about events of history as being false Christians. Doing that just makes motive in doing so suspect.

I do not ever understand why some like to call others false Christians, false teachers, not true Christians. That is a technique it seems to me that is born of another spirit, one  other than the Holy Spirit. My Lord made it pretty simple- His Gospel- nothing else matters regarding salvation; though it may interesting, it just doesn't matter worth a hill of beans.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  957
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,630
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

"A little LEAVEN leavens the WHOLE LUMP."

Seems to me that is reference to Paul's admonition  given to the church at Galatia to not let anyone force you back into the legalisms of the law.

The law was a guardian until Christ came. Not to let anyone force it upon all that have been saved out from under it's guardianship to their freedom in the  grace and mercy of God through the sacrifice made willingly by Jesus is what He was warning about.  The Law being the leaven he was referring to, as it is that which ruins grace through legalisms.

29 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No it is not. But the Easter egg hunts are kinda funny (when ya think about it).  Get set, on your mark, go! Chase down those eggs.

But does that cause one to worship, Ushtar as a goddess? No it doesn't. Nor are Christians crucifying Christ again and again by remembering Yeshua in the manner he prescribed so simply saying do this as often as you do....

It is fine to look for accuracy in the Bible, for it is there to be found, but it is counter productive to describe all that have not earned a common conclusion about events of history as being false Christians. Doing that just makes motive in doing so suspect.

I do not ever understand why some like to call others false Christians, false teachers, not true Christians. That is a technique it seems to me that is born of another spirit, one  other than the Holy Spirit. My Lord made it pretty simple- His Gospel- nothing else matters regarding salvation; though it may interesting, it just doesn't matter worth a hill of beans.

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Seems to me that is reference to Paul's admonition  given at the church at Galatia to not let anyone force you back into the legalisms of the law.

The law was a guardian until Christ came. Not to let anyone force it upon all that have been saved out from under it's guardianship to their freedom in the  grace and mercy of God through the sacrifice made willingly by Jesus is what He was warning about.  The Law being the leaven he was referring to, as it is that which ruins grace through legalisms.

My first inclination was to let our postings stand for the reader to judge. But I am constrained to answer once you posted the second. But first may I say that I respect your opinion. There are ways of looking at the matter and many of my brothers who celebrate the various pagan feasts are actually better Christians than I am.

The reference to leaven is, of course from Galatians, but that is the end of the matter. Besides the death penalty under Law for eating leavened food, the crucial reference to our discussion is found in Matthew 13. After a heinous rejection in Chapter 12, where the opinion of the people was that demons were driven out by the power of a servant of Beelzebub, Jesus sets aside His fellow Israelite even to His mother. He then leaves a House and preaches from the sea - not the sea-shore. The setting is full of pictures that condemn a nation originally chosen to herald the Kingdom of Heaven.

Speaking then from a boat to mixed and representative crowd (Jew, Gentile, Samaritan and disciple) our Lord outlines seven parables. Each one describes a facet of the Kingdom of Heaven as it would be seen, first by the mixed crowd, and later by His disciples only. "The Kingdom of Heaven IS LIKE ..." And one of the four parables addressed to the multitude is that in Christ's Kingdom, an ENEMY sowed seed that looked like His Kingdom, but was not His Kingdom. The destiny of that "false Christendom" (my exact words - not "false Christians") was an order by the Master to gather and burn.

And a further parable is spoken regarding Christ's Kingdom being pure wheat but a Woman leavening three lumps until the WHOLE was leavened. This parable finds its end in that not once is leaven something positive, and that that for which the death penalty is ordered has become the situation in Christ's Kingdom.

But this is not all. We Christians have a sovereign Head. He does not make suggestions. He gives orders. And a body that does not follow the orders of its head is called "spastic". Here are His orders;

7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. (1 Co 5:7–8)

It does not help to defend a position by saying that leaven meant in this passage is sexual offense. The Holy Spirit starts with a case of incest, but broadens the area of offense to "old leaven", "the leaven of malice" and the leaven of "wickedness". And the solution is NO LEAVEN at all. The Church cannot have any leaven at all at any time.

My point is that the Head of the body sets the path we will take, and He requires no leaven at all. He accurately depicts these things as corrupting influences, and admits that they oppose "sincerity and truth". While I respect your opinion as to "inaccuracies" I must also respect and uphold the opinion of our common Head. An enemy is responsible for counterfeit Christianity, and before grace and mercy came, God required the death penalty for leaven.

Would you agree that the "woman" could be Mystery Babylon the great Whore?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,214
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

Technnically, Christmas probably happened in September, and Lord only knows, {Literally}, When the crucifixion happened. That's just me, Hollering from my mom's computer laptop from Microsoft Edge Browser. Mark 15: 42 NIV ~ It was Preperation Day { that is the day before the Sabbath}. So as evening approached, Mark 15:44 Pilate was surprised to hear that Jesus was already dead, so he summoned the centurion to ask if this was so.

Edited by believeinHim

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Romans 1:25. The truth is the truth everything else is a lie. 

• Well Said! 1