IGNORED

When will the Judgment Seat of Christ (BEMA) occur?

FreeGrace

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  310
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Do you subscribe to TULIP?  A simple yes or no will suffice.

Is this the latest version of 'GOTCHA' Christian Court?

Edited by chesed
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,452
  • Content Per Day:  8.14

19 minutes ago, chesed said:

FreeGrace said: 

Do you subscribe to TULIP?  A simple yes or no will suffice.

Is this the latest version of 'GOTCHA' Christian Court?

Well, either you do or you don't.  What's so difficult about that?  Or scary, maybe?

Why are you being so wriggly about your theology?  Are you embarrassed to admit what your theology is?

And asking my question in NO WAY amounts to some "court".  I'm not judging you, but simply asking what your theology is, and it is clear that you just keep dodging my question.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

There seems to be an abundant number of threads about the theology of Calvin and Arminius, why hijack this thread also???

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 hours ago, FreeGrace said:

Why are you being so wriggly about your theology?  Are you embarrassed to admit what your theology is?

I'm just concerned, if I tell you 'yes' or 'no' you will just jump to wrong conclusions like you did labeling me a 'Calvinist'. But if you insist on labeling me I prefer the label of 'Berean' (Acts 17:11). I like searching the Scriptures to see if (certain) things are so.

Edited by chesed

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

There seems to be an abundant number of threads about the theology of Calvin and Arminius, why hijack this thread also???

It looks like the OP has hijacked his own thread! I'm not sure if that's permitted on this Forum?

7 hours ago, chesed said:

It looks like the OP has hijacked his own thread! I'm not sure if that's permitted on this Forum?

Hijacking threads is not against the TOS, it's just frowned upon.  It's just a waste of a good discussion point, the Bema Seat.  C&A debate has been going on for centuries and there still is no final answer, yet it draws the life out of people when they get involved, as the many other threads show.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  4,452
  • Content Per Day:  8.14

15 hours ago, chesed said:

FreeGrace said: 

I'm just concerned, if I tell you 'yes' or 'no' you will just jump to wrong conclusions like you did labeling me a 'Calvinist'.

See?  All you do is make false accusations based on faulty judgments.  I don't jump to any conclusions.  I am trying to figure out your theology, which it seems you don't want to divulge.

15 hours ago, chesed said:

But if you insist on labeling me I prefer the label of 'Berean' (Acts 17:11). I like searching the Scriptures to see if (certain) things are so.

That's the only way to go when evaluating what others claim.  

Remember to debate the subject, not the person ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

50 minutes ago, FreeGrace said:

See?  All you do is make false accusations based on faulty judgments.  I don't jump to any conclusions.  I am trying to figure out your theology, which it seems you don't want to divulge.

That's the only way to go when evaluating what others claim.  

Shabbat shalom, FreeGrace.

Be careful. You're talking to a brother here! Try not to use the word "you" in your arguments. Use rather the word "one," as in "one should ... ." Don't make it personal!

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, @FreeGrace.

Actually, most people don't like to be "pigeon-holed" into a certain "theological position." Doing so encourages brothers and sisters dismissing other brothers and sisters based upon a belief of the theological position without finding out if that brother or sister holds the same belief to be true! I don't really know who else may be like me in thought, but I really don't find myself in any of the typical camps.

I believe that the MESSIAH, when He comes, will BEGIN His Beema (a word that is used only 12 times in the Scriptures, and only TWICE about the Messiah, Romans 14:10 and 2 Corinthians 5:10! 

Romans 14:10-12 (KJV)

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, 

"As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

10 σὺ δὲ τί κρίνεις τὸν ἀδελφόν σου; ἢ καὶ σὺ τί ἐξουθενεῖς τὸν ἀδελφόν σου; πάντες γὰρ παραστησόμεθα τῷ βήματι τοῦ Χριστοῦ.

2 Corinthians 5:10 (KJV)

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

10 τοὺς γὰρ πάντας ἡμᾶς φανερωθῆναι δεῖ ἔμπροσθεν τοῦ βήματος τοῦ Χριστοῦ, ἵνα κομίσηται ἕκαστος τὰ διὰ τοῦ σώματος, πρὸς ἃ ἔπραξεν, εἴτε ἀγαθὸν εἴτε κακόν.

I don't find anywhere in this short passage "being absent from the body" means "being in Heaven." To the contrary, I believe that this is talking about the RESURRECTION of our bodies as new bodies, and that THAT is when we are "present with the Lord" Yeeshuwa` ("Jesus").

If someone wants to "pigeon-hole" someone, one can try to "pigeon-hole" me! I was raised an independent Bible Baptist believer, premillennial and pre-tribulational rapturist all the way. I became a Messianic Jew (I am Jewish, according to my mother's mother). But, I don't hold to any of the major beliefs of either branch, when it comes to prophecy and eschatology. I've GROWN APART from their belief-systems!

I've come to learn that the Messiah is the One ANOINTED to be the King of Israel, just as David and Shlomoh ("Solomon") were! And, that's what the Greek word Christos means, as well, from which we get our title "Christ!" And, the JOB of every King of Israel is to be the Supreme Court Judge for his Kingdom! If the Messiah reigns for at least 1,000 years, then He will be JUDGING the nations for that time period, whomever is under His jurisdiction! It will be neither BEFORE He comes in some arbitrary 7-year period, nor will it be a quick one-time thing that happens at His arrival! It will occur THROUGHOUT His Kingdom!

But, to say that His Kingdom only lasts for 1,000 years is to deny the prophecy at His birth!

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel [Gabriel] said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob FOR EVER; and of his kingdom THERE SHALL BE NO END."

One can try to "pigeon-hole" THAT, if one wants to try!

Edited by Retrobyter
to correct a grammar problem