Why does my brother become more evil after praying for him

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  0

There are a couple prayer lines I call to pray about him and he gets worse. He starts arguing and yelling at me. Then he will spend the whole day picking on me and trying get me stirred up so that I lash out. Please I can't take it 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.77
  • Days Won:  1

I find it's better to ask God how to handle someone that is a problem instead of asking God to make him be the way I want him to be.

God has a unique plan for each of you, but you can only seek the one he has for yourself, not someone else's.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,984
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, rowlandhills said:

There are a couple prayer lines I call to pray about him and he gets worse. He starts arguing and yelling at me. Then he will spend the whole day picking on me and trying get me stirred up so that I lash out. Please I can't take it 

Here it is: THE LOVE CHAPTER

1Co 13:1-13  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  (2)  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  (3)  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.  

(4)  Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;  (5)  does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;  (6)  does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;  (7)  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  

(8)  Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.  (9)  For we know in part and we prophesy in part.  (10)  But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.  (11)  When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.  (12)  For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

(13)  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

3 hours ago, rowlandhills said:

Are you going to reply here?Hope so -

You said you have a job,how does your brother pick on you the whole day?

Praying what for your Brother?That He Receive Christ? Sometimes we are praying for the wrong things,I understand you'd like very much to change your brothers behavior towards you but that might be like hoping for a tiger to change his stripes right now -

Right now you can change your own behavior,it's all you have to control the situation - the way you react to his abusive ( yelling)behavior might change how it makes you feel....

Do you read the Bible,go to church or have Fellowship,contact outreach Ministries?See a Counselor?I believe there's help out there for you to learn how to handle the situation of devise a plan to figure out how to make other living arrangements

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, rowlandhills said:

Yes it can happen because the darkness wont be happy if somebody repent.

A friend of mine became arrogant because i told him about Jesus and avoid me. 

Cannot expect them to repent so soon, it can take a long long time.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,460
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

20 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Right now you can change your own behavior,it's all you have to control the situation - the way you react to his abusive ( yelling)behavior might change how it makes you feel....

Do you read the Bible,go to church or have Fellowship,contact outreach Ministries?See a Counselor?I believe there's help out there for you to learn how to handle the situation of devise a plan to figure out how to make other living arrangements

@rowlandhills as others have said, you may not be able to directly impact him, but God can work IN you to change you and your reactions.  If you are born-again, then Christ lives IN you!  The One who took the totally unrighteous beatings and abuse and the death of the cross for you, without railing against His oppressors - this One lives IN you.

So my thought is to pray something like this: "Lord, thank you that you live right inside me! I'm asking that You live through me in this situation with my brother and change me from the inside.  I just give the whole thing to You.  You have to do it; I cannot.  Please work through me and get the glory in this situation!"

And then just trust Him.

You might see something immediately or not . . . . it might take a little time.  But we walk by faith, not by sight, and He is faithful!

Also, as Kwiikphilly asked, are you fellowshipping with other Christians?  This life is a together life, and God has placed us in the body to help and nourish each other.  Of course, you also need to be chewing on His word regularly and seeking Him in various ways like singing and praying.  Without these, your spirit will be undernourished and weak to handle many things.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  201
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  3,460
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/01/2024

On 4/10/2023 at 1:53 PM, rowlandhills said:

I posted this verse on your other thread, but I think it really applies here: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

This life is a fight and the enemy is trying to work through your brother to "steal, kill and destroy" what God is doing - giving life. (John 10:10)  But "Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world!" 1 John 4:4